Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "The Mad Hatter" aka Marc Fenyo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I ran across this video of Marc and thought I would share it,most guys here in the south only knew him buy his moniker "The Mad Hatter" but when he came South he would stop in my business on occasion and buy One Shot if he was in the area.

He was extremely well know and it wasn't uncommon to see him and his little paint encrusted wagon with all his supply's piled up,,,he wore a white shop coat and his ever present top hat.

He passed away May 1,2006

A gentleman by the name of Gary Keller,,did a video of Marc showing his talent,,hope you enjoy,,I miss seeing Marc. HRP

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eTD_qM8GwfU?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

2. Danny, I remember seeing him once. It was either in Gatlinburg or Noccalula Falls in Gadsden many years back, pulling that iconic wagon. I would give an ear to have that kind of talent.
    Thanks for the video.

3. THEKID49

THEKID49

I remember seeing him in Daytona at the Rod Run for years. Very cool video.

4. Would we then start calling you Don Gogh? :D HRP

5. A lot of people have told me to just "Gogh" away...

6. That is awesome!
    Saw him striping at Dixie Fried several years. There's a great pic of him in action working on Jeff's Chevy floating around somewhere.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. He may have been "Mad" but I kept expecting him to pull a rabbit out of his top hat. There's more than a little magic in his art. I love the occasional glance to one side of his striping to see how to make the other side match.

The finished design is imperfect. It's handmade. And it's beautiful.

8. I have one of his cards somewhere that explains what a swordsman is. He came around to the swap meet a couple of times.

WOW, Danny, that is awesome footage.

9. Stevie,I have his cards also,,and like you said,,,somewhere. HRP

10. frank spittle

frank spittle

I watched him many many times over the years at shows but never long enough to see him finish something. That video is priceless.

11. Very cool!!!
    Amazing talent there.
    Thank you HRP for sharing that!

12. skywolf

skywolf

Wow. Thanks for posting this.

13. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

No Pattern. Very little resting on the off hand. WOW. Amazing talent. Thanks for the Video.

14. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

That's an incredible video. I wonder if any guys on here had their cars striped by him?

15. williebill

williebill

He did my ex's O/T late model at a custom show in Hamilton,Ohio in the 90s. Awesome guy to watch and talk to. I mentioned about how slow my project was going,and he stopped working,paused,looked at me with a really serious expression for a minute,and then told me to cut the power cord of all of my TVs when I got home...
    I've never forgotten that advice...
    I was pissed when my daughter wrecked that car. The striping was the best part of it.

16. My Dad has a few things that he did. I guess this would be around 2006.

[​IMG]

17. edweird

edweird

i remember him well.i was at a show once watching him and he turned around and ask me if i had any grass.i said no and he went back to striping.

18. I think he liked to mess with people,:D,he did his work a couple of my cars over the years. HRP

19. Thank you...best 8 minutes of my day...
    here's an old post about him....
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179930&highlight=fenyo

the picture still hangs in my living room of him, Erin, and I, my 54's still got his stripes on it...i'd love to paint it, but something tells me just to leave it as his work will never be replaced if removed. Pic of his business card also.
    Swordsman I remember him calling himself that.

20. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

The man was a true Genius with One Shot!
    That was an awsome video, thank you for posting it.
    KK