Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official Detroit HAMB Chop Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stickylifter, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Detroit HAMB Chop
    Saturday and Sunday, November 5th and 6th

HUUUUGE thanks go out to roadstar for getting the use of his shop - Classic Collision - for this chop. Originally, I was going to do it in my driveway. This takes it to a whole 'nuther level because we now have a 220 hookup, serious air compressors, and HEAT! Rudy also brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the event and, frankly, I have a lot to learn about chops, so I owe him a debt of gratitude. It's been said before, but it bears repeating, that HAMBers are a group that really come through for each other. I didn't ask Rudy, he offered, and that's really something in this day and age. Hats off.

Okay, The Detroit HAMB Chop is set to take place at Rudy's shop - Classic Collision - Saturday and Sunday, November 5th and 6th. I will be printing up Tshirts to give out to those who show up to help, and of course providing the food and drink... and the car (zoiks!).

But here's the dealio, Emilio: If you're coming, you have to PM me for details. I need to get a head count so I don't order too many shirts, or too little Tofurkey. All right, all right, no Tofurkey.

If you're coming, you gotta send me a fully refundable $10 deposit in the form of a check. This just means you're really coming. Then when you show up, I'll give you back your check and give you a shirt and stuff. If you flake, it covers (not really, but whatever) the cost of your shirt and food and beer. But you gotta show up to get it back, dig? I'm footing the bill, but it took me a year to save up working 2 jobs, and I sure ain't made of money. If you say you're showing up, and flake, I keep your 10 bucks. If you show up to "work," you pay for nothing.

Be sure to specify your Tshirt size in the "memo" area on the check, and whether or not you would like the matching thong.

Once again, I want to thank everyone who has offered to lend a hand, and I look forward to seeing you at the Chop!

Sincerely,

~StinkyFinger

P.S. Here's a Photochop...

Attached Files:

2. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I will be there...Dad's kicking me out of the shop for the weekend and Denise said I could crash at her place....Sounds like a good time, can't wait!!!

I've never seen a big ugly custom(j/k) :D get chopped before, a learning experiance had by all I hope :cool:

See you then, what if I just bring my check with me then I can tear it up in front of you :D j/k.........

See you then,
    HRD :cool:

Oh wait.....NO Tofurkey!!!! never mind, I'm not coming haha

3. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

You know ill be there ill shoot ya a pm for your addy to send the check out today.

4. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm in. Need to know where Rudy's shop is.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm in. Need an address to send my $10 to please.

I know you said your suppling the food but I insist on bringing chocolate chip cookies. Wouldn't be a HAMB gathering without them. Also, my mom said she's sending homemade potatoe salad with me, she put herself thru college making hundreds of pounds a week for the local deli so you know it's tastier then anything you'd get at the grocery store.

7. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I'm going to check with the guys and see if they are up for a roadtrip.

Everyone has a project this winter, and a chop might be just what we need to get the ball rolling.

Or it could be something that sidetracks up and delays things so our cars don't make BilletProof next June.

You decide. :)

8. RacerRick

RacerRick

I.m coming...you take paypal?

No telling if a check will get there in time...

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Of course it goes without saying you and the guys can crash at my place.....and that goes for anyone else from outta town that wants to do a sleepover.:D

10. Marc...........can I bring afew supplies......I was thinking of bringing a can of filler, sand paper and of course a case of aged to perfection Canadian Ale..........:)............look forward to learning some new tricks and seeing some great HAMB friends.
    I'll pm you later Marc with a head count ............thanks!

11. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

I'm there, pm sent, yes I want the matching tong :D

12. Sounds like fun count me in......hey wait a minute:eek: thats where I work:D

I am looking forward to this, I think it will be lots of fun.

Nothing more fun than cutting up somone elses car hahahah!

Dirty T has offered to help me clean the shop up before hand. Thanks man you get some extra bondo dust in your salad:D

13. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

Shit with his track record T bag won't show:D

14. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

I'll be there too... Should I assume we won't need any extra tools, since we will be in Roadstars shop? What about supplies?

Thanks... I'll send you a PM for the addy.

15. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

PM sent, looking forward to it. Rudy is your place on 14mile at 94 in Clinton Twshp??

16. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

this is going to be a gay pride day reunion of sorts I see!!! :D :eek:

feeling gitty already...HEHE

17. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Damn you i showed up when we all worked on MY car didnt I:D Ill be there ya ass. Ill call ya tommrow rudy and set it up with ya the cleaning of Classic colission and i need to chat about some valve covers any way:D

And greg I need some amo to fire back at you for posting those pictures!:rolleyes: :cool: :p

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There is a difference between just showing up and ACTUALLY WORKING.... your track record of working during "thrashes" isn't the greatest bud:eek: :p :D

BUT, you will get extra special cookies on Friday nite for helping clean CLASSIC COLLISION before the chop.:cool: xoxox

Oh yeah, don't count on me bringing you guys' favorite furs to this shin-dig. I don't feel like having to get bondo dust outta them.

[​IMG]

19. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Well then you wont be let down. :rolleyes: :mad:

20. Count me in too!

21. I see Denise pulled out the"'ol GMB initiation" pic again! Is that a salami I'm holding ? :eek: :D

You guys have fun at the "Chop"!

J :eek: el

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

22. Buckle

Buckle

Sticky,

Sounds great, count me in. I just PM'd you. I'll have to say no to the thong though, a terrible 1979 Jart accident prevents me from being comfortable in one. I'll explain later.

Buckle

23. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

[/QUOTE]

Ok Joel, your scaring me now!!!! I see you in a whole new light now, and you've sucked Ray in with you, lol !! It must be this kind of stuff that makes Mike put a Lampshade on his head!!!!!!!! :eek:

24. I starting to get envelopes, so I thought I'd put up a running tally.

*DIRTYT
    *FatHack
    *DoubleClutch
    *Aaron51Chevy
    *CharlieChops1940
    *Hot Rod To Hell - (deserves honorable mention for his packaging!)
    *62 Wagon
    *Shaun from Auburn Hills (sorry buddy, all out of thongs)
    *rattlecanrods

The shirts have been ordered, so those of you that sent me a check are locked in. See you all soon!

25. Ahhh, but am I spanking myself or giving Greg a reacharound?;) :D

Now that it's Sunday too, I might be able to attend. Unless I get arrested Saturday night, but that's a different story.

Jay

26. Yowsah, Debb! I was just thanking Ray for the striping "Tips" he gave me! :D :rolleyes: :eek:

Joel

27. RacerRick

RacerRick

My envelope is sent. I still owe fat hack some beer. I bring the good stuff...

I still gotta find a place to crash.

28. jdubbya

jdubbya

I will be there on Saturday, I PM'd you "sticky"

29. Does that mean I don't have to pack the " 50 Ale" !!! :)

30. RacerRick

RacerRick

No, you still have to pack that...