Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hackman Model-A With BURNOUTS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hackman, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Kind of a late intro on this build but better late than never.

So I asked my long time girlfriend Sammy to marry me in Bonneville this past August. So with the wedding plans in motion, why not throw in another build to keep me on my toes! So we decided that the 29 coupe would be the wedding car. HA! Cool. I'm into that idea. Plans call for a ful fendered, low, aggressive looking mid sixties look. Not too glammy, but just enough bling. I have a pretty cool little 283 and a 4 speed, early Bronco 9 inch rear. And I'm thinking gloss black paint.

So this is where I'm at thus far.

The body is a pretty fair piece to start with so the actual rust repair is not too terrible bad.
    I started with pulling the body and rolling the rest outside. I braced the body up and, after much mental debate, went with a 5 inch chop. And I'm glad I did. I think the proportions are just right. The shape of the quarter window is actually what made up my mind. Not pinched looking but just a nice sweep in the rear line.

I then drug the body to work as I had access to our sandblaster after hours. 20/30 silica sand, standing way back, and just pepper the panels at a 45 degree angle. This works very well and have had very good results in the past.

I brought the bod back home and started the knockdown process with 100 grit on my polisher. So her is where I'm at. Going to finish up the chop and start on the rust work. I'll keep posting my progress.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  2. More Pics

I was able to get all of my gaps pretty nice and tig them up.

The last pic is as of tonight

Hack

Attached Files:

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice chop. Love that T of yours. I know the '29 is gonna be great too. So she said "yes"...congratulations! :) If she wants this for your wedding car...well she's gotta be cool. The best to you both.

4. Thanks Rickybop!

Ya she is super cool. She gets it. Thats not easy either. Ill keep the pics coming. I have good ones of the chop that I am tring to upload.

Hack

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice chop, I like look of the rear windows too. Any build that starts with TIG welding is worth following. I'm not into deadlines, but hope things work out as planned. Congratulations on the upcoming big day. Bob

6. Bob,
    Thanks man. I appreciate that. My thought on deadlines is that you have to stay moving. I'm pretty confident on this one.

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

low ,chopped,full fendered,sounds like a cool build,this otta be good. good luck with the marriage

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I'll definitely stay tuned.. You build some cool shit....

9. Thanks fellas. Milo, your my inspiration man! If you guys haven't seen ScrapMetal 48's builds, check em out!

10. brady1929

brady1929

very cool hot rod

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Keeping my eye on this one..

12. shane85

shane85

killer. The body looks super clean!!!! and i love your t coupe.

13. Thanks for the kind words guys. I just walked back in the house. I have removed the bracing and got the passenger quarter straightened out. The short term goal is to have the metal work done on the body by Christmas time.

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

It didn't take Henry 300 days. :rolleyes::D

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm just such a huge fan of that T Coupe you built so I know this one's gonna be right as well. Nice work thus far and keep it up!!!!!

I'm embarking on a similar journey but my goal is just to get the body solid and mounted on the frame in one year from now.

16. Lippy, you have me there! He was one bad dude.

Jeffery James,
    I appreciate the T compliment! I love that car. Good luck with your project as well. Im sure you will do an outstanding job Keep us updated!

17. Update, well kind of. I was able to get the cowel patches pretty well hammered out. I'll keep up on the pics and post as I go. Still on track for having the body finished up by the end of Dec.

Attached Files:

18. I agree your t is one of my favorites! looks good so far!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  19. I'll be following along. Seems that when the deadline is a wedding, all the stops get pulled. :D

Congratulations on the engagement by the way!

20. Thanks guys. I think the wedding adds another element to the project. And the pace keeps it interesting.

Here is a fresh pic of the T coupe from this fall.

Attached Files:

21. Ok guys. So I have been woking on the door window channel allignments and little things like that. Making good progress with steady work nightly and on the weekend. I hope to be starting on the frame mods and engine/trans install pretty quick. I will most definately be posting my progress. These pics are of the window channel area and how I went about straightening that out.

20121217201620.jpg

20121217200146.jpg

20121217200136.jpg

And this is my little buddy Mick. Rescued the little shit when he was a couple days old and left for dead. I fed him with an eye dropper and look at him now! He runs the shop.

Attached Files:

22. Drivinford

Drivinford

Very nice work. Im tryin to get ours done for June when we are getting married lol. Kind of cool knowing someone else is in the same boat. Congrats and keep up the good work.

23. I forgot to ask,
    Has anyone ever used, and I'm sure there is, an F-1 steering set up in an A with a Chev in it? Reason I ask is that I have 2 complete set ups from my F-1 project that is getting IFS. I will take a look for sure when I get it all hangin in there but I thought I would ask. Thanks for watchin

Hack

24. DrivinFord,
    Good for you man! Congrats! You skill is most impressive. We gotta keep eachother motivated. Good luck on the build.

25. Drivinford

Drivinford

Will do man. And thanks alot

26. sololobo

sololobo

Lookin great man, what a nice body to start with, yikes! I am so impressed your gal is up for the coupe as a weddin rig, she is the coolest. I also love your T coupe, yours and Mercury Charlies are my all time faves! Rock on bro ~sololobo~

27. Thanks a lot Bob! Yes she is awesome. Anyone who can put up with my shit has got to be something! And to even be in the same category as Mercury Charlie is an honor.

28. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Way to go on the cat save.. You did a nice thing...

29. Thanks Milo. He's a butt head now. Anyways, anyone done the F-1 steering set up as mentioned earlier in the post? I'm not dead set on the deal but I was just curious.

I am working on replacing a couple sections of the roof panel and I will post some pics later on tonight.

Thanks
    Hacker