Register now to get rid of these ads!

625 demon street carburetor ???anybody playing with one yet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. oj

oj

Interesting, i guess he was with Barry Grant? and has the copyright to the name? I am thinking out loud.
    I have had a good number of BG carbs come thru here and they were good pieces, very well made. I imagine these are improved carbs - i like the composits to reduce the heat transfer.
    They just ain't my style - i wouldn't have a quadrajet either. But, i bet they'd do what they are supposed to do.

3. incase anybody is interested.
    http://www.demoncarbs.com/

theres a link to 5 different videos here.
    one of them is even not blairing OT.

It is a bit streetroddy but once the vintage aircleaner is on your not going to see much
    pretty cool stuff im thinking

4. Deuces

Deuces

I have one 750 DP and BG "Gold Claw" carb... Which is my favorite... ;)

5. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I looked at them when they came out in Scummit, but haven't got my hands on one yet to try. I have done a lot of work with the traditional Holley style carbs, both Holley and Demon. The demons have been good quality in my experiences. I'm not so keen on the new design, I understand it does have certain advantages but I'll admit I don't care for the way it looks. I'm not particulary interested in learning the circuits of a new carb.

Devin

6. I don't know if you saw the videos in the link I posted, but out of those 5 there's 2 from Gary's
    Garage and has the carb apart. Super super simple carb and well designed.

I really like the Q jet carbs for performance and economy, they are infinitely tunable but complicated and you really have to speak fluent quadrajet to get them to do what you want. There's very little support for them anymore so you need to make stuff, polish thousands off metering rods, make vacume restrictions, peen and ream jets and the list goes on.

This thing is eerily similar and yet so much simpler. Complete tuning kits are available for this. The guy that designed it worked for carter designing carbs back I'm the 60s and carter built the Q jets for a while. They claim there's no plugged passages in the demon so they can't leak and are easy to clean completely. I really haven't messed with the thermoquad much so that's a big ?

If you look at prices for ,rebuilt qjet @ summit or having one done vs this demon its almost a no brainer. I think I talked myself into giving it a shot here.

Presentations and visual packaging are different but how much of it can you really see. Maybe if it was sand cast and that greeny gold color it would look more the part.

7. every BG carb we had here was nothing but junk,,,Barry Grant could not even make one run on his drag car..

8. Yea BG and junk usually synonymous.

This one seems different.

Stopped at summit and picked one up today.
    I'll let you guys know what I think about it..

9. Tim had the older version (much different) of that on the Unibody, I sold him a Quick Fuel and he is much happier. In fact he turned me onto Quickfuel, he sold me on them.

Keep us posted how this one is, I am always open to other suppliers.

10. FityFive

FityFive

I am looking forward to your reviews.

11. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

well i sent a message to demon fuel and hot rod to see about sending me one for a real world install on a real world car and documenting the whole deal, install,drive,tune and how it does in a month,couple months ect ect. will see what becomes of it, just dont want to use an edelbrock. the 4300 autolite on my 429 is just messed up and i wanna see what good alternative us big block big car guys have.
    whitey

12. Well I finally got around to installing this carb. It's been sitting on the shelf for almost 4 months . I gotta say I'm liking it a lot so far.
    Took it out of the box, adjusted the fast idle , bolted it on and it fired right off.
    Never seen that happen before lol.

Ill road test and tune it tomorrow but I don't think I'll have to do much

13. FityFive

FityFive

Thanks for the updates.

14. 4woody

4woody

I'm interested to hear how it goes too.

15. vega1

vega1

I will tell my experience with B.G. Had one on my O.T race car was on it when I traded for it. Could never get the idle right and it ran strong until bout 3500rpm. Well I jet it tuned on it and ran it kept feeling like it was leaning out on big end well it was. Pulled it off went completeley through it. Had slivers of. Aluminum inside of metering blocks from where it was machined. And it was blocking passages called them up they told me it was a common problem. Send it in we will repair it free of. Charge well that was 5 years ago and still never got the sob back I guess when they went belly up I lost .In my opinion. They are pieces of shit and I would stay away

16. I hear you , i would avoid BG products like the plauge.
    this one is completely free of any of Barry G.'s involvement, attitude , QC and business practices.
    It's also a completely different design.

I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin

17. zep058

zep058

So how did it go?

I have been looking at these over the last few days as an alternative to a thermoquad for my 383 mopar.

Was it that good you are still driving? And if not good do you want to let it go for me to try!

18. It's really great, I like it a lot so far.
    But just a few (3 or 4)street miles on it- project got sidelined again. But it gets started and moved around regularly, some parking lot drives and burn outs.
    In the very near future I'm planning on swapping this carb onto my friends 62 Chevy so he can do the "try before he buys."

19. zep058

zep058

Well that sounds good enough for me!
    Like I said I was looking at reman/used TQ that I will spend a lot of time messing with and this is based on them, new and ready to go.

I have an eddy 600 and can't seem to get the mushiness out of it

Thanks for the response