Register now to get rid of these ads!

Watch me try to get my Chopped 32 Fordor done before my twins are born!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by satans angel, Nov 15, 2012.

1. satans angel

satans angel

So I've never really posted much of anything on here as I am always working, but before I get into the meat of things let me do a little explaining.
    <O:p</O:p

Here is how this project came to be

I'm partners in a Pizza restaurant with my father and end up working anywhere from 100-120 hours a week at that. Any free time I do have is spent with my wife and daughter or in the garage.<O:p</O:p

I've gone through a ton of projects anywhere from model A's, to a zero rust 55 Nomad, to another perfect 32 Fordor that I sold to Matt Klingler and Megan Chevygirlrox a while back. I now regret it but know it went to as great home and to my best friends.

In June of last year I had a little cash together and decided I was gonna try to find another 32 Fordor as I had regretted selling my last one the second I got handed the cash. I ended up finding one right here on the Hamb and it was exactly what I was looking for. 99.9 percent rust free and in total need of a motivated young guy to take it in a killer direction. So I PMed olskool34 told him what I wanted to do with it, talked on the phone a bit and struck a deal. I once again had my family hot rod.

I knew 45 minutes after the shipper pick my 32 up that I could never make the mistake and sell it like my other one. When my friend timdavis and I went to pick up the first one we blew the passenger side back trailer tire 45 minutes into the trip home. 45 minutes after my new 32 got picked up the shipper called and said he had just blown his passenger side front trailer tire and would be running a day or two behind because of it. Crazy how things happen I guess it was someone saying don't screw up twice.

So once I got it home I tinkered on it a bit and decided due to my work schedule and all, I for one did not have the time, and I knew and was not afraid to admit I didn't have the talent to do the chop by myself on this car. I cruzed around a bit on here and asked some people Matt, chevygirlrox, jefferyjames, timdavis, and a few others and their opinion on who to talk to for a chop was right in line with mine. I had always been so fond of his work and he was a young guy kicking ass and taking names and I really dug that. I had made the decision to use Yaril Customs from down in Miami. Yaril truly loves what he does, is an artist, not afraid of anything car related even chopping a 32 Fordor, and one hell of an all around nice guy that I am proud to call friend.

Here's a link to everything Yaril did for me. Thank you sooooo much brother.http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665079&showall=1</O:p
    <O:p
    So Yaril finished the chop for me and I picked the car back up. It sat for a bit as things were busy at my pizza shop, and that's what pays the bills.</O:p
    <O:pA few months passed and my wife was really on me about trying to have another kid, which I did want. So we went to the fun part of things and she ended up pregnant. We were so happy when we found out. So we went to the first appointment and thats when things got crazy.</O:p
    The nurse doing the ultra sound kept looking at the monitor and after about 2 minutes looked up at us and said well I have soem news for you. I thought the worst right away then she said there's two in there. I said two what, then sat down on the floor for a bit.</O:p
    So much went through my head and I had made up my mind that it was time to be a grown up now instead of a kid and actually had my newly chopped Fordor sold before I made it back to my pizza shop. I didn't say anything to my dad about selling it but he knew I had that in my head. That night when we were rolling dough balls he looked at me and said, I know you're gonna sell your car, but me and your mum dont want you to. We have been saving some money and wanna help you finish it. We want it done right and safe cause you're picking those twins up from the hospital in it. I only live 2 miles from the hospital but still I was blown away and my dad is and will alway be my hero.</O:p
    So jump to present. I just found out Monday I'm having identical twin girls! Man I'm 29 years old and gonna be seriously out numbered in my house 4 to 1. If i dont get this sucker done now it aint never gonna happen.</O:p
    Here is a bunch of pictures from along the way so far and I'll do my best to keep updating but as everyone can tell, I got alot of stuff going on.

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  2. satans angel

satans angel

3. satans angel

satans angel

this is from the day I picked it up from Yaril and got it back home.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  4. satans angel

satans angel

from the break down, blasting, and priming.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. satans angel

satans angel

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

WOW!!! Looks awesome!!!

7. satans angel

satans angel

here is a little teaser of what I'll post tomorrow night. got a bit of a story to go with the paint and body work too.

color I'm going with.
    [​IMG]

my perfect never installed v12 steering wheel that's going in the fordor

[​IMG]

8. satans angel

satans angel

Last one for tonight. Always liked these types of exploded/layed out pics.

the money shot
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  9. Gerg

Gerg

quit teasing i want to see it all!

10. draggler

draggler

Congrats on all counts.
    You can do it!

11. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Nice colour, what's the due date? On all three!

When the nurse was doing the ultra sound on our last one we had the other kids there, she announced that it was a boy, the next youngest asked "how do you know?" "cause I can see his boy bits" came the reply from the nurse, with that she was asked wide eyed "has he got leggo in there?"

Scotty

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You are in for a treat with twins............my Sons are twins and have been the light of my life from the day they were born. :)

That tudor is NICE. Yaril is good people and really did a great job on a difficult chop. Looking forward to seeing in all in paint.

Don

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Can't see the pics!!

Scotty

14. farmer12

farmer12

Great buy. Looks like you're getting right into it! Very nice.

15. Congratulations all round - The car looks killer !! I can relate to that 4:1 ratio, our third is due early next year. Sounds like you're very lucky to have such a great family, especiallly your Dad. Waiting patiently for more pics and progress to come....

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Cool build, Looking forward to more pics with the new color.

17. raidmagic

raidmagic

Dude there is only 168 hours in a week. Slow down an enjoy your kids. Before you know it they will be grown. I know it pays the bills but your kids will only be kids for a short time.

Oh yeah car looks kick ass

18. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Man I'm really diggin' this build. I need me a deuce fordoor to haul my grandbaby girls in.

19. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

This will be interesting, love the color you chose!

20. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Beautiful color! I'm a sucker for green hues.

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I've got twin daughters.....its a girl thing . Better get your ducks in a row brother.
    KOOL KAR.

22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

what a great story. can't wait to see it come together.

23. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

I agree with raidmagic. <<< You've got much to be thankful for...wicked cool build, great family and support and new babies on the way! I am currently in the Hospital, wife just delivered another girl:)))))
    Out numbered 7 to 1 at the house :confused:...But I have a boat load of projects waiting on me when I leave...Children are precious gifts, I know your girls will enjoy your projects as mine do. Good Luck to you and yours and keep the pics coming...:D

24. theylive

theylive

That car is bbbbad!!!! And babies on the way... just awesome!

25. satans angel

satans angel

Wow. Congrats. I couldn't imagine. Ya I totally get what you guys are saying. When my dad started his business he was 18. He worked 7 days 365 even Christmas until I was 15 years old. Then he was able to take a little time off here and there as my uncle his brother was there.

About a month ago my uncles son came to work for the business so starting pretty much next week I will be lucky enough to work a "fireman" schedule. 7 days staight me and my dad then 7 days off and my uncle and his son will work. I'm very lucky to have that opportunity.

I love what I do and my cars and everything but in the end they dont mean much. my kid and my girl are the light of my life. They keep me going and I'm way lucky to have them both, soon to be 4:D

Thanks for all the support everyone and ill post more pics tonight. Thanks
    Joe

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Congrats....Love the color!

27. Congrats on the girls AND the 4-door Joe!
    It was great meeting you last year at The Turkey Run and drooling over your 4-door at your shop.
    Hope to see you again next week.
    Brett

FANTM58 likes this.
  28. Congratulations on the good news,,I have twin girls (35) and I can assure you they grow up fast,,I use to work,,60 to 70 hours a week for almost 30 years and missed out on a lot.

I have been fortunate to have been able to travel around in my 4 door with my grandchildren.

Love the direction your going with the sedan. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

patiently waiting...

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  30. brady1929

brady1929