Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Video feature of Finkd's (Jeff Myers') 63 Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Oct 10, 2012.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I've been blessed to meet some great folks in my travels around the midwest attending car shows from Austin to Chicago. So about a year back I decided that I wanted to feature some of the great people and their vehicles in a way that photographs alone couldn't do. So in August the first video was released of Yblock292's 29 Roadster. A bit behind schedule here is the 2nd video, this time of Finkd (Jeff Myers) beautiful mild custom 63 Ford Galaxie.

Jeff has become a great friend and was nice enough to take me and the camera for a ride to explain all about the car. I hope you enjoy it!

<iframe src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2141201499_2LwmhSZ?width=640&height=360&nologo" frameborder="0" height="360" scrolling="no" width="640"></iframe>

Jeff's Arkansas City, KS based shop Premier Body & Paint is a H.A.M.B. Alliance Vendor so if you need some work done, make sure to join and let him know you're a member! Music in this one was provided by my buddies The Rumblejetts, make sure to support them as well.

See you at a show,

Travis

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Nice feature Travis! Jeff is a great guy and builds some amazing stuff.

3. 73super

73super

Love everything on that.. paint, body mods, etc... 'sept for the front and rear bullets..
    Great interior! Sounds real nice.

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks John, I feel the same about Jeff and his talents!

Well the differences are what makes kustoms kool, if they were built to suite everyone's tastes they would have stayed stock. :) Thanks for watching!

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Very nice! Great car, great guy.

6. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Great feature and sweet car!!

7. Cool video,,Reminds me of some fond memories riding around in my granddads 63 Galaxie,,HRP

8. slim tempo

slim tempo

9. sololobo

sololobo

Nice Trav, Jeff is one of the cool ones for sure. Love the less is more on this 63. Really one of the nicest flowing scallop jobs ever. Thanx for the feature on this Beatnik bandit. ~sololobo~

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I love Jeff... And I love that car. It will always have a special place in my heart.

11. ryno

ryno

Thanks to both of yous for taking the time to do this.
    If your not careful Travis,you may just be sought after from a production company soon. Neat to see you grow as a photographer and now video guy. Your stuff gets better and better every time you post.

12. What no Engine Pics ??? >>>>.

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Travis, I don't think you have any idea just how much we appreciate all you do bring shows, cars, and the people who make it happen into our homes via our computer screens.

You are a blessing, my friend. And Jeff is not only an incredibly talented customizer, he is also very entertaining to listen to. You need to have him tell you about his trip to Detroit

14. Nice job Travis! I also think Jeff is a great guy and does killer work. I have known of that car since Dennis bought it and think the current version is my favorite. It has truly evolved into a beautiful machine in and out. The exhaust sound is beyond belief.

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks guys!

It's one of my favorites and Jeff is one of the best guys ever.

Thanks Ryno! I see a long way to go, but I appreciate the journey as much as the destination. I learned a lot in the filming/editing of this video, that will just make the next ones better and better. Thanks again my friend!

Great job on the rebuild! It's a custom the hood has to stay shut! :) That was an oversight, with Jack's Roadster it was hoodless and I didn't have to think of it. I will remember to shoot engine shots in the future!

Thank you so much for your kind words, I truly appreciate it. The number of views that my photos get floor me, it is a labor of love to shine a light on the cool cars and people that build them. I may never make a living at it, and I would have my cars done now if I would stay home and spend my travel money on them instead, but it's still worth every dollar, every mile, every minute spent.

Its been cool to see the car change over the years into this beautiful piece that it is now, I wish I could afford to buy it but that's not in the cards right now.

16. cool vid Roy just had to Rib ya a little !!! >>>>.

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

Good job Travis!!!!

Jeff... Clean that steering wheel!!! :D

18. Previous versions.... (from carnut.com)

Attached Files:

19. In the Beginning......

Attached Files:

20. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

X2...NIce build and one Cool ride...........The bullets not so much

21. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Love the fact its still a 3 on the tree,thanks for takin the time Travis!

22. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Jeff is a ruler.

23. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Travis,

Good job, my friend. Jeff's always been a cool guy ! First time we met 6 or 7 years ago at Starbird's Tulsa Show I told him that one of my early rides was a '63 Galaxie 500 Hardtop with a 390...so I really dug his '63.

Jeff was also one of the early Interviews I did for the Hall Of Fame Series. He was fresh-off the Monster Garage show that also had Darryl Starbird, McPhail, and, many others.

Truly one of the nicest guys, and best craftsmen, in the Industry. He even custom-painted a vintage Admiral Clock-Radio for me and presented it to me at Starbird's 2008 Tulsa Show when Steve Stanford was with us.

Oh, the color he painted it? It was Candy Apple Red to match the INVICTA (and his '63) and it's been on view since then in a special place in my Garage ! Thanks again, Jeff !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

24. Butch M

Butch M

Great job Travis Thanks

25. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks everyone! I see lots of improvements to make but for my 2nd release it's working. So many lessons learned the hard way in this video that will just make the others better and better! Hopefully I'll start shooting some more soon!

26. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I try not to do this, but this is a shameless self bump! Jeff is too kool to not let the whole world know!

27. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

kool travis, damn I hate hearing my own voice, sounds weird. glad the pipes drowned me out, anyway thanks for doing that it was fun driving around talking, come down we will tell stories of on the road madness and freaky shit that happens.....priceless.

28. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

And next time I will mic you better my friend! Thanks for always having open doors for me and my newbie questions!

29. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

looking foreward to working on your galaxie, lets go wild on it, come on I know your loaded, fill the trunk and bring it down...i got ideas!!

30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

$20's okay with you? If I had the cash she'd would be sitting in your shop right now my friend!