Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > To the Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Old 10-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #41
drdave
Alliance Member

Default Re: Respectully, HAMB still needs a Customs Section

While I am primarily a custom guy, I just plain like cars. I would also vote for keeping things all together. I like being able to scroll through the forum and click whatever catches my interest....I get lots of great info and tech from rod stuff that would not show up on a customs only section. I will admit, while I am on several social groups, I almost never check them....which seems to be a trend for most folks. I suspect the same would be true of a customs only section. I'd be willing to bet the traffic through that would drop off significantly. I agree with Rik....see custom stuff on the board, participate and encourage it.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
Pro Stock John
Old School HAMBer

respectfully disagree, when the number of threads with new content is up where this site is, like over 10 pages in just a day, makes sense to split off some content.

but i'm done, i made my point, i appreciate those who weighed in. just doesn't have the same appeal anymore for me anymore.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #43
nh-lead-man

I perfer customs, like rods as well, realize that rods have a great deal of custom work that sometimes go unnoticed Credit is due in that respect. If the 2 were divided then you could go directly to one or the other or work them both.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #44
brad chevy
Old School HAMBer

If it was split you would be see less custom interest than you do now. There is alot of guys that wouldn't even look at the section being of no interest to them. Leave it as is,if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
HOTRODPRIMER
Alliance Member

I appreciate a nice custom and I love hot rods,,there has always been more rods than customs.

The Hamb has introduced many younger guys to customs that may never have even given one a second look or been exposed to them.

The introduction of a separate section wouldn't be fair to the guys building customs simply because a lot of folk may just skip it all together,I'm not saying it would happen but it could.

As someone said earlier,,if it ain't broke don't fix it. HRP

'54 Ranch Wagon build photos
online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
BloodyKnuckles
Old School HAMBer

I'm a custom guy through and through. With that said, please don't split them up. The HAMB works, just works.

BloodyKnuckles

Old 10-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #47
young'n'poor

I would love to see more custom threads, but I like the set-up now. Scrolling through the mass of new threads everyday has helped me find some things I never in a million years have found otherwise. Instead of separating them would it be possible to put on the main page of the jalopy journal a list of "trending" threads that was sorted by prefix? Say the 5 most popular custom threads of that day and the 5 most popular hot rod threads.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad
Old 10-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #48
HOTRODPRIMER
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKnuckles View Post
I'm a custom guy through and through. With that said, please don't split them up. The HAMB works, just works.
BloodyKnuckles
Simple,,and to the point. HRP

'54 Ranch Wagon build photos
online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #49
porknbeaner
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirv View Post
I know a fellow or two with nice customs that aren't interested in posting them on here because the custom (or kustom if you prefer) interests seem to be so narrowly focused in their opinion. There just aren't going to be that many cars perfectly built in the early 48-52 style. I tend to agree with them somewhat. Most things outside of that range aren't received all that well. I personally like all the eras as long as the cars are tasteful. I too would like to see more customs and threads related to them. I have one of each, a hotrod and a kustom.
Well there focus is pretty narrow there were customs built before the war as well as inot the '60s that are still considered to be traditional by most experienced custom builders.

That said, I know a few pretty hard core traditional custom builders that were there did it and continued to do it until it was cool all over again. They refurse to join the site for two reasons one is the beaters that get called customs and the other is that they donot want to mix with the bag it and drag it crowd.

They donot ever mention thre lack of custom material on ratio with hot rods and never mention everything being all mixed up together.

Sorry I just couldn't resist adding fuel to the fire.

No man crosses a chasm in two jumps
Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #50
kelly.ga
FNG

Well, I was going to ask if anyone on here remembered a few years ago the editor of Rod and Custom, or Car Craft etc. had a 46,47,48 Ford coupe and converted it to a convertable using a late model Olds top. I have a 47 and was toying with the idea of making it a convertable. However it sounds like it might be the wrong question for this forum. If anyone does recall this and might have the magazine would you please PM me. Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #51
kelly.ga
FNG

btt
Old 10-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #52
296 V8
BANNED

Your in the wrong section kelly ga.. this is for questions about the workings of the site itself.