Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Best Damned Pictures of The World Famous Swindlers Poker Run!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Sep 29, 2012.

1. OK World, I cannot tell you why a group of about 80 Hotrodders actually let the World Famous Swindlers take $10 from us all but I guess thats why they are world famous. About 75 of the 80 of us all got swindled out of $10 bucks!!!! 5 of us got way more money back so they didn't get swindled. And the weird part was, we all enjoyed it and will let them swindle us again next year out of $10 and again, we will enjoy it.
    So enough of the BS and we'll get down to the event.
    So after hearing and seeing pictures for years of the "World Famous Swindlers" Poker run, I finally had a car that was acceptable to drive and partake which isn't an easy feat. These Swindlers have very strict rules and you don't want to break them if you know the Swindlers, you would know what I mean.
    The weather was cold and it sprinkled a bit but that didn't stop us. We met in Conway at the Conway Tavern between 8:00AM and 9:00 AM and then the Swindlers swindled all our money and said we were going on a poker run. This run was incredibly organized and this group of cars managed to to keep together throughout at least 100 miles of driving. All 80 + cars. I didn't see anyone break down but did witness a 1936 Ford 1932 Ford touch each other . Luckly not a mark was left. OK, I'm the dumb ass that tapped the 32!!!! Always one in a group. I have never and don't ever want to be that person again. The person I tapped, didn't even get out of his car and kept so calm. I on the other hand was feeling soooooo low for the next leg of our journey until I could actually look real close to see if there were any marks. Nothing!!!! Just my pride was hurt but the 32 owner didn't even have a concern. And his car is bad ass!!! The weather cleared up and we all enjoyed the drive. The Swindlers rigged my hand and at least 75 other hands to where we didn't win anything!!! They swindled us but that was OK!!!!! LOL!!! Oh and thanks to all our Canadian Friends and fellow HAMBers with their incredible cars that showed up. You guys sure can build cars!!! This run was probably the best thing I have done all year!!! Beat the hell out of any show that you just sit at all day. We all drove our cars and drove them hard. Anyway, enjoy the pictures!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Talk about a clean small town. I loved Edison. Even the dogs clean up after themselves!!!

4. onadosen

onadosen

Great pictures! I had a blast today.

5. Joe King

Joe King

I feel like I was there

6. Yes they are!
    And Thank You for sharing them.

7. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Click on it, Boom ImageUploadedByTJJ1348977662.537902.jpg

8. Great pictures!! Thanks, looks like a good time.

9. And here I am finishing up the pictures and feeling like I want to do this every weekend and the sad thing is that this is probably the last cool adventure of the season as winter is just around the corner here up in the NW!!! Hey maybe I'll have the Whippet on the road for next years Poker run!!! Just a few pictures left.............:eek:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thats it. At home and now I will look at what I just posted and re-live the Best Damned Swindlers Poker Run, one picture at a time, over and over again.
    Thanks Swindlers!!!! See you next year!!!

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks for the pics..... it was a GREAT Day!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. NealinCA

NealinCA

Thanks for taking the time to post...looked like a great day!

12. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Click on this one also ImageUploadedByTJJ1348978023.846157.jpg

13. Feel free to post your pictures on this post as it will keep them all together.

14. Southfork

Southfork

Think I'm going to move to Washington State! Nice Cars, nice culture, and Nice Pics!

15. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Bummer missed it

16. GARY?

GARY?

What a turnout!!
    That white 5 window is killing me.

17. Hey Swindlers, can we do this again tomorrow?

18. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Thanks for posting,wish I were there!

19. moses

moses

thanx for telling me..

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

Daaaamnnn what a collection of some of the coolest cars on the planet all on one run.
    Must have been one heck of a day for you guys that went.

21. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Killer!! Thanks for the pics!

22. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

A 5 star thread! Excellent flicks man! Thanks for sharing!!!!

23. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Some cool chit goin on up there!
    TP

24. You would have thought Keith might have called you? Or instead of working all the damned time, get on the HAMB!!!!! LOL!!

25. I'm always surprised at what shows up in these necks of the woods. I really believe we have more cars stashed here in the NW than where it is sunny all the time. Also some incredible collectors around here.

As far as being part of it, man what a day!!!!!! I just wish I could have stayed longer but the wife and I were both getting real tired and the hour back home was brutal. Too much fresh air for a day!!!! There was a couple other things going on today in Seattle at the same time. I could imagine what it would have been like if the other shows weren't happening at the same time. These shows also have killer cars show at their events.