Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greenfield Iowa Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasserlouie, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Heads up on a great swap meet guys. September 7-9 2012. This is a very good swap meet. Look for Povertyflats and myself at the meet on Saturday. Lots of old stuff and the unusual at this meet.

2. tractorguy

tractorguy

Stop by spaces NB6 and NC6 for an old guy.... with old and unusual stuff.

3. No Plan

No Plan

Will be there Sat. early after the drags Friday night; anybody bringing a complete 54 Chevy grille to sell at a reasonable price?(is there such a thing?lol)

4. alchemy

alchemy

I'll be there Saturday with two 29 A pickup cabs for sale.

5. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I'll be there Saturday!!! Hope to find some parts for my 50 merc!!

6. Hey poverty flats i ll be there vending motorcycle junk n sellin my motorized barstooll! Look for the red ford duelly with poverty flats customs on the side! Would like to meet you!

7. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I will be there vending Friday and Saturday.

8. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] Here is the SW Iowa location of swap meet.

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I'll be there in spirit. Have fun swappin'!

10. PJ_GARST

PJ_GARST
    from kansas

My brother and I will be there friday morning trying to find all the good buys before you guys get there on saturday

11. It's only a 500 mile trip for me, pretty much straight across I80/90. I was there in 2009 and 2011. I'm gonna have to miss it this year. Don't tell me about all the good deals you got or I'll cry like a little gurl. I'm going back in 2013 for sure.

12. Master of None

Master of None

I'll be there Friday and Saturday,handing out t-fest fliers and selling stuff.I got a couple of engines that poverty flats might be interested in.

13. I'm gonna try to make it this year. It's less than 100 miles for me.

14. Master of None

Master of None

Stop by the enclosed trailer with Gentry restorations on the side, I'd like to shoot the s@&@t about your coupe.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  15. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I'll be there Friday & Saturday...with mostly Model A parts for sale.

16. Master of None

Master of None

17. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

how solid ? maybe interested in one

18. I only hope someone keeps this meet going. The old guys who have run it for years are getting pretty thin. First meet I ever went to when it was in Atlantic, Iowa...it outgrew the fairgrounds there by the mid 80s. Glad to see a lot of you guys going there, hope to run into a few of you too.

19. WWinIL

WWinIL

can't make it...

I'm looking for a set of 1954 Mercury tail lights-complete,bezels,reflector,backing plate,etc. If anyone can help me out,PM me and we can work out the details. Here's a pic:

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  20. orange52

orange52

I'll going down today with a buddy. Its usually a really good swapmeet.

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I can't wait to hang out with Gasserlouise and my pal Grouchy SS and Swap Meet Cindy-----If you see me holler and shake my hand. I will have a white PF t shirt on and a big camera swinging from my neck.

22. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

well now i deffinitely am gonna have to make the trip

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I want to meet you Brock

24. orange52

orange52

Just got back. Am kicking myself for passing up one deal but glad I got another. One cool thing I found was a matched pair of 1948 Iowa license plates that have "City Owned" on them. I've never seen plates like these before.

Attached Files:

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

26. Master of None

Master of None

I guess you met my Dad (Not dead yet) today, I think I was out wondering around looking at junk......next time?

27. orange52

orange52

Hopefully next time. It was nice talking to your dad. Hope you found some good junk!

28. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Count me in EARLY sat morn !!

29. First one I've missed in quite a few years...
    (got roped into helping w/ mom's big garage sale)

On the +side, - this year I actually made a couple hundred
    bucks!!
    :D

30. It's been a few years since I've been there, but I had a GREAT day in Greenfield - beautiful walking weather, wallet's a lot lighter, but even though a lot of vendors said they didn't do well I made a lot of very good deals. Biggest was a Hobart 140 MIG welder with "2 hours" on it and the cart for it; two pair of crusty-but-usable wingtips from two different vendors for my '40 along with some other parts on the wish list; a bare dash for the '55 Vic so I can now use the MIG, fill in round holes and modify to install '63 Galaxie heater head, clock and more-conventional radio along with a '55 Merc steering column; plus, got a piece of '58 T-bird sales training literature I never knew existed. Add to this pork chop-on-a-stick and chatting with Malcom by his roadster, cruising back home on Highway 92 with virtually no traffic and listening to the Elvis channel on satellite radio, then bringing home some Firehouse subs for dinner for the missus to make her happy, and it could almost be a perfect day.

I say almost because, as Curly said in "City Slickers," "Day ain't over yet."