Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Missing Deuce, Randy Bianchi's First Hot Rod 1966

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat Power, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Looking for any info or where abouts of my dads old high school hot rod that he sold in 1966 to buy a new 67 427/435 sting ray. Story goes that my dad bought this car out of the local paper in 1962-1963 for a think 350 bucks. The roof was already cut off and some fabrication was done here and there but nothing was really finished. The car sported a peaked and filled 32 truck grill shell with a jaguar radiator. A chrome dropped front end with juice brakes and split bones. He traded a non dropped axle that came with the car for dropped axle from my uncle because his car was "to low".The car had a 348 with a factory 3x2's, aluminum flywheel, 39 top shifter, and a 40 rear end. The body was channeled 9 inches and Z'ed 10. It had a flat fire wall, banana peeled rear fenders, 50 pontiac tail lights, shop class nerf bars front and rear, i think an austin front windshield. It ran 15 inch chrome reversed wheels. It had T-bird bucks seats with stewart warner gauges in the dash and a sun tach on the column. My dad used to run it at Island drag way up until 1966 with a custom set of headers, no winshield and a hood. The car would go 13.60. when my dad deciced to get a new corvette he sold the car to his friend steve sismen. Steve took his dad for a ride out on rt 80 in the car and was forced to sell it imedietly because it was to fast. Story Goes that Tom bashada(spelling might be wrong) got the car put a 327 in it and raced it for a little before it went down to florida. And thats how the story ends. Any help would be great. I Have a few pictures of the car from around 1964 that I will post.

Thanks Randy Bianchi Jr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Cant helpya with the car...but those are friggin awesome pics of your Dad and the car !!

Good luck with the search !!

Rat

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Your dad rules. That hot rod is every bit of bad! Can't help you either but good luck!!

4. zep058

zep058

Neat Car!

I don't know (which loser) voted one star but I bumped it up for you.

Good luck with your search

5. Pics warrant 5 stars alone

Jim

6. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Thanks, I had only seen a few pictures of the car until I recently found these in my basement and could not believe what I saw. I will try and post the other pictures later.

7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That thing is WILD! It really screams 1964-1965. Good luck with your search.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I hope it survived as pictured and is to be discovered in a garage.

However, to the Deuce gods, a 3/w without a roof is a crime.
    Chances are that the car was found in the 80's; a roof was sourced and welded back on, car was unchanneled-on a new aftermarket chassis with a 350/350, full fendered, painted red, billet wheels and looks like every other belly button Deuce of the era.

Go back and read my opening sentence.

9. demonsix

demonsix

Nice car! Good luck with your search and keep this thread updated.

10. Those pics are rad!

11. Great Pics..... would be nice to find it....

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Most likely. What a damn shame. KILLER car, and NO-ONE will build one like that nowadays!

Oh, and I NEVER rate threads, but I rated this one 5 stars just to offset the total buffoon who rated it one star...

13. Love it. I know now days it would be a sacrilege to build the car from a 3 window but this just screams of what was being done back then and would really be cool to find as is.

I just found a photo of me standing in the front seat of my uncles Model A roadster back in the 50's in San Diego. Showed it to my wife to prove it is in my genes. Would love to find his car. Got dash plaques for El Mirage where it ran 99 MPH with a 4 banger in 1950.

14. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Awesome!
    But with a 5 window in the shop, an almost uncontrollable urge to have my own "Roadster"...and an unexplained love for flat fenders on the ass of a channelled car...I REALLY didn't need to have those pictures let loose on me!

I can be a nasty and disrespectful person when it comes to cutting things up.
    Even Deuces....

You trying to get me in trouble with the Deuce Gods "Flat Power"!?!? :p:D

15. DO IT!!! You know you want to:D Think of how much fun you'll have in a roadster:cool:

16. F&J

F&J

These cars are the real deal, Thanks for posting the pics.

Ha, look at all 3 carb tops gutted out for racing.

Awesome thread; makes my day.

17. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hahaha...:D :cool:

Just realized...what a nice looking windshield frame!
    Really made a huge difference in how good the car looks and adds to the mid 60's vibe.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

LOVE those "banana peel fenders"...DO IT!

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I knew this one would take you to your happy place...:D

20. F&J

F&J

Oh yea; ..I really like the old builds that are a bit out of fashion these days :) ..but then I saw the 348 trips ..I knew I was on the right website:D

348 trips, like I had as a HS kid in a 56 B/A htp around 1968, when they were not too loved.:confused:

21. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

That's a great car. Hopefully it's safe and sound somewhere. What a great find to run across these pictures. Very cool.

Why would someone rate a thread like this....? Makes no sense to me. There shouldn't be a rating option on any thread, unless you ask for it. :confused:

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

One thing that I see a LOT on cars (this one included) from the late fifties/early sixties is 6" headlights. Another thing that NO-ONE does nowadays.

23. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Vettes are way overrated, should have kept the roadster. THose are some cool ass pictures!!!

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

they cut the top off a 3w...

banging...head...on...keyboard...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Maybe it's the old Jim Davis(B&M)/Giovanni cams 32 3w/roadster. It was rolled on the way to a race somewhere so they cut the top off and made it a roadster. It was out on the east coast somewhere......

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

When I read the text, (before seeing the pics) I was convinced I was about to witness something with the "top chopped off, channeled 9", Z'd 10", Austin windshield, a '32".

Then I saw the pics. Proportions were nailed, what a profile! Very tasty for the time, I'd like to have seen it in motion. Mush care to detail, and the 'banana fenders' fit the whole picture.
    I enjoyed it, even if it took a 3-window to get there.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

yea....:p hee, hee, hee, giggle, snort...

29. F&J

F&J

Wouldn't it be so nice if all 32's were the Y2K 1-800 version of past history?

um,...er,no:D

i'm thinking about cutting the floor back out of my coupster:eek:

30. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That's a real small picture.. Do you have a bigger one, maybe?