Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #61
guitarmook
Alliance Member

Default Re: Not This Sh*t Again...

Always loved the early rivieras. Tried to buy a 65 back in the mid 80s. Owner said he didn't want to sell it. A couple weeks later I found a 65 Impala SS that came home with me. Another 2 weeks later, I see that Riviera, with a 'For Sale' sign onnit.

I love the impala, still have it. But often wonder what would have been different if I'd gotten the Riviera.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #62
das858
Grenade Inspector

I would like a '40 Willys coupe, '57 vette, '57 Nomad, '64 Sport Fury, '65 Sattelite, the chevy's in this group are tough to admit for a Mopar guy.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #63
Nevala
Alliance Member

I gotta break the rules for a sec, with the 1967 Impala fastback. That C pillar to trunk transition kills me.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #64
theHIGHLANDER
Old School HAMBer

I'm in the "can't pick one club" too. I want a 34 Packard. I want a Duesenberg Murphy Roadster, preferably J-331. I too want a 65 Riviera in a state of mild custom. I want my 69 Boss 302 back. I want a couple different Model As besides the pickup. I want an American Lafrance Speedster. I want a 41 Buick Roadmaster coupe. None of these mean anything more than how they stimulate my senses. Values and rarity be damned, I just really like everything I mentioned.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #65
EnragedHawk

I've always liked the Rivieras. The car I'm really after is a 39' Chevy... with all four doors...

I stole the image off of Google, so I don't know anything about this one. Personally, I'd lose some of the accessories, but it's still a sweet car.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #66
jazzbum

see the beauty in rod and custom an issue ago? be still my heart.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #67
hotroddon
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You bastards need a rule refresh... The cut-off for the HAMB is 1965.
Now you've done it - the Flood gates are now open for Mustangs! The Main Man said it's OK (which is fine, I like em, but then again i like LOTS of cars)

As for Rivi's - it is probably the only US built car that with a simple wheel change, a SLIGHT lowering and Nothing else becomes a "Custom". Very unique in the automotive world. In fact ones that are changed too much generally ruin the car. How could you NOT like them?

As for my all time favorite US built car? What day is it?

Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #68
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvobrynk View Post
Was this a joke? I know there are rules, but no need to be plan rude.
Yes, it was a joke... Now, go drive your Volvo...safely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddon View Post
Now you've done it - the Flood gates are now open for Mustangs! The Main Man said it's OK (which is fine, I like em, but then again i like LOTS of cars)

As for Rivi's - it is probably the only US built car that with a simple wheel change, a SLIGHT lowering and Nothing else becomes a "Custom". Very unique in the automotive world. In fact ones that are changed too much generally ruin the car. How could you NOT like them?

As for my all time favorite US built car? What day is it?
It's always been pre-65 here... cept for the classifieds which is pre-64. And no, we don't cover mustangs here... But I like them ok.

Ryan Cochran

"Skating the same line since 1976..."
.................................................. ....
www.jalopyjournal.com - www.garagejournal.com - www.gearjournal.com - www.fordbarn.com - www.DOGFIGHTmag.com
Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #69
gassersteve

I am going to have to say the '47-'53 chevy trucks. I searched for my '47 for 5 years before driving to California to get it, and it will be the one i own until my last breathe.

And the mullet wearing, southern rock band listening, non hamb friendly car guy that lives inside me wants to own a second generation camero. Some day some how.

Last edited by gassersteve; 08-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #70
stude_trucks
Old School HAMBer

I dig Rivieras too. But, personally I like the earlier silver dashes more than the later black ones and I'm not too big on the wood trimmed ones either. Other than that, I honestly don't really know what the differences are in the years.

'63 (hamb friendly):

'65 with black and wood:

http://rivowners.org/features/evolution/evpt65.html

I think this one is a '65 (according to the flickr photo name), but still pure bad ass:

These cars are almost pure bas ass off the factory line. Just a few simple tweaks and you are there. Drop it a little and then optional new wheels and maybe a killer paint job if really wanted - done. That is about all it takes.

If I had the keys to an all black GS, I'd probably just drop it a little and roll.
I might finally get banned for this - Ryan, don't look now, but: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Extra...item3f19cf29d4
I wish I had the big clams for it.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #71
1929rats

'65 was a great year for cars..... '65 riv, '65 vette (first year with shark fins), '65;cyclone, '65 chevy II ( the one year with its own grille style), and the prettiest; the '65 chevelle.

I am partial to the '65 el camino. I have always wanted to build "new-bomb turks brother's el camino".....looks like this will be happening soon!

Also, the 65 chevelle two door wagon.....

so, yep, thats my favorite: the '65 el camino.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #72
tedley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky6 View Post
As someone on here said, "I like hot rods". All kinds, but especially Ford RPU's. '33-'34 Fords are so high style, I like just about any version of them, including the 4-door sedans. The Auburn 851 Speedsters are a favorite. And the mid-60's Rivi's are bitchen', also.

The one car that really turns my crank, though, is the '65-'66 Mustang Fastback. I just really like that body style. If I had to just pick one, it would be the Shelby GT 350 H, black w/ gold stripes.

Later, Kinky6
Couldn't agree with you more but it's a different kinda car than what we see on here.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #73
Buzznut

I do think that youthful memories play a BIG ROLE in the cars we look back on and still drool over.

Dad drove a '56 Bel Air that he also dragged at the Freemont Strip back in the day. My mom has photos of me in my carseat on the hood of that car.

I grew up loving the '68 Charger in Bullit ever since I first watched the movie at 8 years old with my dad on Dialing for Dollars:

and I've always wanted one of these...a 58-59 Chrysler, Plymouth or Dodge of some sort:

Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #74
Toast
Alliance Member

Love the old Rivs!!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #75
pwschuh

"of all time"? Wow, that's a tough one. 65 Riv is definitely a contender, but there are sooooooo many cool cars designed in the USA that I don't think I can put my money down on one. Even limiting it to the early 60's I have to also include at least one T-Bird and a 4-door Continental and a 61 Caddy Coupe in the hunt.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #76
Bugsy

I used to have a beautiful, '65 Riv. It was gold with buckskin interior. Factory air and 100% original. I LOVED that car and could still kick myself for selling it. It was near perfect and low miles. When I sold it, I was bombarded with emails and calls. an airline captain from Chicago drove through the night to Kansas and bought it without even driving it around the block. My Dad's side of the family are Buick lovers and they passed that gene on to me. I should have kept that car.......

The "Dust Bowl Spl."

Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #77
TexasDart

yeah me two...I want a Riv really bad...would trade my drop top for one. I was raised with mid 60s Buicks. I like Wildcats too. Actually most Buicks up thru 67 are pretty cool.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #78
hotroddon
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
It's always been pre-65 here... cept for the classifieds which is pre-64. And no, we don't cover mustangs here... But I like them ok.
yes, It was a Joke

Old 08-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #79
BStoltz
Alliance Member

Always come back to the 30-31 model A coupe.....
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #80
Colville

OK I know its not HAMB friendly and I thought my Grandpa's was a '65 but I believe his is a '67? Here is a photo of it. He bought it brand new and still owns it (this is a recent photo) Its a clean ass car.