Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Sit down for this one, and hold onto your hats too!

It has been a while since I last did a show. I ran a show called the Jalopy, Jump and Jive for a few years in Asbury Park. I also did a bike/art show called "Loyal to None".
    Oh, and then I ran some antique drags under the name Motor Speedway with my car club buds the Oilers for a season.

It has been a while since doing a show because I never seem to be able to do one the way I want. There for, I don't do them. I like action!

The Oilers Car club with Old Ghost Productions proudly presents to you,
    the "Race of Gentlemen". October 19th, and 20th 2012

Coming this fall to the Jersey Shore (Monmouth County)... Pre and post war motocycles and automobiles duking it out on the sands!

That's right! All the details are still being worked out, but I just had to tell you all that we are working feverishly to set this up for this October. It will be an Annual event as long as we all be cool!

I've made a few phone calls and lined up some amazing cars and bikes for the run. I will soon drop some pictures on you of the entries. You can count on period correct hop ups and motorbikes batteling on the sand. We have an amazing area set along the dunes for our "pits" with an entrance to the beach.

LOOSE DETAILS,

Pre party on the beach night before race, Oct 19th, 2012.
    Big top tent in the sand, bonfire too.
    Live bands to set this race off right!
    Booze on beach provided YOURSELF!!! Can's only PLEASE!!!

RACE DETAILS, Race begins at about 10am on October 20th

Pre registraion required!!! Email me at, [email protected]
    Pre/post war autos, hop ups, and motorcycles. Oh, and a P-38 Tank.
    Non Sanctioned 1 mile race between beach jettys
    Award ceremony with pretty ladies, hand shakes by our two mayors, and flower wreaths.
    No outside beer or alcohol permitted on beach on Saturday. Fire company will be providing all of the beer from trucks. No alcohol permitted in pits are please.

More details to come as I get them.

[​IMG].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ATTENTION: All interested parties should email me at, [email protected]
    for details on the race and how to pre register for it.

You must send a pic taken with a camera, not a cell phone. Engine and build specs are a must as well as the name of owner/driver. Race participants will be limited this 1st year so please email us early enough for review and a pace in the race.

The event will be set up like a drag race, two cars or two bikes head to head. Banger vs banger, flathead V8 vs flathead V8, etc., etc.

Please feel free to write us at our email address, [email protected] for all questions, rules, etc. Happy motoring! OILERS C.C.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm there!!!! So now tell me when I have show up? If you pull this off it might just be show ever!!!

Is "J-Wow" and "The Situation" gonna show up to? :D:D:D:D

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

See if you can get the So-Cal Streamliner out there for an appearance. Would be nice to see it on the beach again. Not that I was present when it ran but you get my gist.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Please do not make it the first week of September. Pretty pretty please.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

This sounds so so so cool!

6. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Awesome! just please don't schedule this on the 13th cause then I wont be able to go:D

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

What a great idea!

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Great idea. Bound to be injuries!

So, who's gonna do one at Ormond Beach, FL next? I can make one there!!! Gary

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  9. Hoping for oct 19,20,21. A two day event, not sure which days yet, but those are the days I'm zeroing in on.

Any input? Hoping it doesn't coincide with something.

A few friends asked for it to bE after Hershey. Most guys are busy preparing.

10. Jeffery, thought about you. As I'm am going to look for some advertisers. Not for money, for signage!!!

11. I'll be hand painting everything!

12. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

WHOA FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Blocking off my schedule now!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome!! I'm down!

Even more Awesome!

Let me know if I can do anything for it once you get the ball rolling. I'm good for whatever design stuff you might need.

14. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

ooooooh! this looks like so much fun!

i want to paint a sign for it!

15. R.Otto

R.Otto

Ill be out there for sure

16. I'm looking for my friends number as I switched phones and lost his contact.

Maybe you guys can help. His name is Jayson, he is a Hamber. He plays drums for just about everyone. Los Straight Jackets, the Neanderthals, you name it. He is now on tour I believe with a cat named J.D. McPhearson. He was hoping Id show up to a show of his the other day and asked friends to have me call him thinking I had his number. I don't anymore, and would like to talk to him bout playing the pre party at this beach shin dig.

Also looking for Torr if anyone can message me his number. Working on something else and need to talk with him. Pete Flaven isn't taking calls right now. I think he's stuck in a love triangle.

17. CALLING ALL COMPETITION COUPES AND ROADSTERS...

Im working on that 34 sedan I have this Friday night and every Friday hopefully. Doubt it will be done by October though. Life gets in the way with a wild 2 year old.

It seems like I already have a lot of period bikes. Starting with a 1922 and up into the 50's.

18. I wonder if the Langs will have that Roy "Multi" Aldrich car ready? That would be sweet!

I'm hoping to have a few hopped Model T's. I no longer have mine and hope there is something in the area to represent.

There will be a number of classes. Bikes... 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and maybe some special 60's bikes. I ride with a bunch of younger surfers from my neighborhood. They mostly ride 60's home builts or cafe racer style bikes. They are really putting the pressure on me to run, so I think it will happen.

There is also a killer break where the race will be. So bring boards too!

Autos will also run in classes depending on engines, and years. Banger against banger, V8 60 against V8 60, etc., etc.

19. pila38

pila38

This sounds unbelievable! I will be there. I'm pretty busy with twin two year olds and the old lady pregnant again, but if there is something I can do to help, let me know. I'm pretty close in Edison.
    Eric

20. Twins, with one on the way??? Oh man Eric, don't chop your cars until you chop something else pal! Ha... just terasing.

As I get closer, I probable will need some help. Keep ya posted. THANKS!

21. pila38

pila38

HaHa...that's actually really good advice, I could have used it about 5 months ago!

22. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

23. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Mel!. I'll be there. I might even have my car done by October so I can drive over and watch. If there are waves, I'll be watching the action from the water.

24. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Sounds awesome!

25. Oh hell yea-cant wait! maybe i can get a little surfing in too!

26. Jeremiah, waz uppp...

When I spoke with Zach I told him to tell you and your roadster to get in on this! Email me a nice shot of your car, your full name, number preference for the race. Body frame specs, engine,etc. First come first serve! PICK YOUR # NOW!

Anyone else, email me as well if you have possible entries. We will be limited to the amount of autos that can race.

There will be a car show as well in the pits area. This is right on the beach people, a hard sand parking lot. I'll take some pics soon.

27. Do it! The fall always brings good waves.
    This spot where the pits will be is actually the "surfers" beach. Everyone parks there already for wave hunting. It has a nice feel to it.

I can get a good rate at a neat hotel too for the out of towners. I'll line that up for some of you folks.

28. You better be there bro! Shit, you have enough boards for the whole party!

Side note; Lets get a hook up for my welder at your pad to finish stuff up. 34 goes into the garage today and it's going to get tight in there for a while. See you at Bike show on Sunday. Going to be fun!!!

29. This is a legendary idea!