Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Identify this taillight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Jun 19, 2012.

1. bought this taillight a while ago. need to find another , anyone have a clue what it is from, where to find another ?

Any help appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Has that 1936 Chrysler Airstream look to it.

3. henry29

henry29

I believe they're 36 Buick.

4. Weasel

Weasel

1936 Chrysler - came with several different lens covers - Chrysler De Soto etc. Sought after as singles by Harley guys....

5. Sorry, guys I can positively confirm they are not Airflow or Airstream. I have had sets of each side by side, they are not 35-37 Chrysler Airflow, Airstream, nor are they Desoto. The OD is wrong, the center reflector jewel is different diameter as well, additionally is has the wrong crown to the lens. here is a picture of this unknown next to a Airflow/Airstream lens.

[​IMG]

unknown to the left, Chrysler to the right

[​IMG]

I will have to investigate the 1936 Buick.

6. Looks like they are not Buick, anybody else have a thought on what these are?

7. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

not only the 'hardly' guys,thats beautiful!!!

8. Weasel

Weasel

I disagree - this from the AACA on 1936 Airflow rear lens with and without the cage....

[​IMG]

Buicks have a retaining screw at the bottom of the bezel - not Buick - Chrysler/De Soto....

[​IMG]

9. Weasel.

sorry man, but they are NOT Airflow, Airstream or DeSoto.

Here is a picture of all the tails that I have physically compared them to, they are not any of the above.

Weasel, I also refer you back to the first picture. The lens outside diameter for the unknown is smaller than the Airflow, Airstream, and DeSoto. Additionally look at the reflective jewels in the background, the right is for the Chrysler products 13/16 diameter, left is for the Unknown 5/8" diameter

[​IMG]

They are also not Packard or Packard senior, went down that road already

They may be the Buicks with different bezel and housings, I will continue to investigate that one.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  10. henry29

henry29

If they're not Buick, then I would check the 1935 Lincoln K.
    Might be a little hard to find a pic of the rear of the Lincoln though, I couldn't find anything.

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

YEP !! We call them Bee Hives!! :D
    Cheers...........

12. Henry 29, I think you're spot on with the Lincoln K , here's a photo for you...

Chris.

[​IMG]

13. Thank You, I have been looking for 2 years trying to determine what make model. Now hopefully I don't have to wait another 2 years before I can find its mate.

14. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I have a similar glass; mine is not Chrysler/Desoto either. I have those to compare. Mine is 3 1/4" dia. Looked all over the web for identification... thumbnail - 2019-06-27T204917.980.jpg thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail.jpg

15. SS327

SS327

Buick/Olds?

Denny

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Like mentioned earlier, fingers are pointing to '36 Buick. The offset for the bezel screw and notch 180 degrees from that are exactly like '36 Buick, but can't find any images with the jeweled center.

17. Oldslite? Olds? That doesn't make sense, I have never seen any reference for Olds to have the center reflector as this one shows.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019