Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Barland Estate Sale (15 Packards) Ks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NEALS49, May 27, 2012.

1. NEALS49

NEALS49

Went to a estate sale Sat morning here are some pics and a link to the local news cast on it.

Also where I got my GMC Canopy Express some years ago as it was there shop truck.

Wish I could have taken more whole car pics. But they where crowded together and people crowding in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neals49/sets/72157629918236352/with/7280251074/

Contents of the house will be auctioned off on:

Sunday June 24th. 2012 - Lawrence, KS
    Collectibles; Antique Furniture & Misc.
    Seller: Raymond F. Barland Estate - Auction #2

They said stolen out of the shop over the vears over $25K of NOS parts, as the shelves aparently where full of NOS parts still in the boxes as he was a full service and sales dealership. They said parts left will be sold but unknown how till they go through them.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

Thanks for posting. I had made up mind that I was going, then changed my mind and decide not go. I wish I would have went. What kind of money did the stuff bring?

3. sololobo

sololobo

Very cool Packard Neal! Love the canopy express. It was our pick of the litter at last years K.K.O.A. event. Hope to see it again this year. ~sololobo~

4. NEALS49

NEALS49

I will be there all weekend... :)

Make sure you stop and say HI!

5. NEALS49

NEALS49

Most sold under $700, the twins sold for around $2500 ea. I believe.

Overall cheap... not many buyers lots of tire kickers...like myself. :)

6. I know this is an old thread, but I went by Ray's old place yesterday with mixed emotions. Glad to see the cars in other's hands and hopefully getting the attention they deserve, but strange seeing the yard empty.

I used to live a few houses to the south from Ray on Rhode Island in the 80s and 90s and had my share of cars in the back yard without any real hassle. Ray kept to himself pretty well and it was pretty clear he wasn't interested in moving the cars in his yard or the Canopy Express in his drive etc. at the time. I believe it was his uncle that had the Packard Dealership and the cars were mostly ones that the owners did not pay their bill on or just left them at the dealership.