Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Orion Music + More

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 2, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

I received my acceptance letter last week. Should be a good time..

3. Will there be any cars to rep the early days of the band ?

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

The show sounds cool, and more to the point, I have a new-found respect for Metallica.

5. When see the people behind this thing, and look at the HAMB member's cars that got accepted, I really felt like my car doesn't belong there. My 55 is a driver, it's a little rough around the edges, it has MAACO paint, panel gaps are sketchy, the floors are patched together, the radiator has bugs all in it, and it's showing an older restoration. I drive it a lot more than I work on it, and I have no real desire to take it off the road for however long it would take to address the issues it has, because I'd rather drive it than obsess over making everything perfect. I just didn't want to be the guy people are saying "That POS doesn't belong here" about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful to whoever selected my car, and I was upfront about the quality of my ride in the application. I really did not expect to get picked for this, knowing James and Kirk would have their cars there, along plenty of other high end rides, I'm sure. But then I think, I WAS upfront about the quality of the car, I told them I'm just a working guy, a headbanger, doing the best I can with what I can afford and what I have time to accomplish, and they picked me anyway. That speaks volumes about this festival, and the people making the selections, and I think that's cool as hell. As much as I love to see the craftsmanship and money spent on high end stuff, I prefer to see the stuff guys like me are working with. This could have been something to show off the best of the best, the cream of the crop, among those with the means to put a top notch ride out. But instead, they picked my car, something you could see at your local cruise night, any Saturday of the year. Metal has always been blue-collar music, and making sure their car show has some blue-collar rides in it was the coolest thing they could have done.

If you can make it to this, do it, and support what this festival is about. Thanks to Ryan, McPhail, and everyone else putting this show on. I'm truly honored to be a part of it.

6. I have been thinking about hitting this show too. Haven't done much shows since I moved to S.E. Pa a couple years ago

7. Thanks for the heads-up on this event, Ryan. Sounds like something reasonably cool here on the East Coast.

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

My car was approved... sounds like its gonna be cool!

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That whole napster story was pretty damn funny. A bump for Dirty Jersey!

10. catdad49

catdad49

Just amazes me about the links between people. I don't know what I would enjoy more, the cars or the music. Hope all goes well and maybe they'll do it again next year. Cat

11. My 41 was accepted, looks like its gonna be a great time.

12. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I will be there with the roadster pickup.........making it my bachelor party.

13. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Wow, Metallica and cars, I would feel like I was 18 again! I really wish I could go to this show but a trip to the east coast isn't in the cards this year. Then again I think I am on vacation that week!?!

14. x2 mate sounds like my idea of heaven.

15. flamingokid

flamingokid

Likewise,I can hardly wait to see the pics from this one.

16. damn, it's a little bit far from over here!

but Ryan, your style of writing and your choice of words is just great, love to read such stories 'bout your adventures, i always enjoy. ;)

Thanks for that and have fun all of you at the Music and more!:cool:

Carsten

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Booked my room today, its on!

18. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

we will also be chopping a car at the show
    and we could use some more FINISHED kustoms and traditional hot rods

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammm good read...been a Metallica fan for many years and it is a treat to see Hetfield as passionate as he is wandering around at the best shows being a regular guy. Wish this was close to me I would love to see it. Thanks Ryan.

20. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

My 34 went to paint today.. at least it will look "finished" from the outside.. inside will not be done in time.. Cant wait! -E

21. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Me and my brother got our acceptance letters yesterday for our shoeboxes....looking forward to this show...

22. pickupman55

pickupman55

See ya'll at the show

23. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Not to mention Suicidal Tendencies will be there too.

24. So the entry instructions didn't really answer any of our questions, save for when we're expected to be there.
    Security, particularly overnight for the cars?
    What happens in the event of rain?
    Since we're supposed to leave our cars there overnight, is there trailer parking or preferred parking for people with cars in the show (since we'll need other transportation)?
    What time can we take our cars from the show grounds on Sunday evening?

I don't mean to be a pest, but I've never done this sort of thing before.

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Im not leaving my car anywhere... they dont like it im out... Peace! Plus my hotel is nowhere near the grounds...

26. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I know a few others that are not going because of that ..you need another car just to get back and forth to the hotel, etc ..........:(

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I don't mind leaving the car, but the issue of getting around is a problem. I haven't given where I'm going to stay a whole lot of thought yet, but the way it's looking my girl and I are going to need to each bring a car, my 57 that will stay at the show, and hers to get us around.

Also, how many tickets do we get with a car in the show? This show looks awesome and I'm stoked to go, just a bunch of questions.

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I got an email saying 2 tix... If im leaving my 34 there then I need a place to park a truck and trailer so I can drive back to the hotel... if it looks too shady, my 34 is coming with me... not worth losing a car or parts off of my car to see Metallica..

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Agreed. 2 tix would be perfect. The email I got said that there would be overnight security watching the cars, that does make me feel better. Not that there is anything to steal off/out of my car any way, unless someone REALLY wants a tape deck.