Register now to get rid of these ads!

New From Northern California

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by santacruzpnk, Mar 26, 2012.

1. santacruzpnk

santacruzpnk

Hey everybody, I'm a long time lurker in Vacaville CA that has finally started on a project appropriate (hopefully anyway) for this site. It's a 1964 Buick LeSabre with the 300ci and st400. I'm also currently helping my friend Special55 with his project 1955 Buick Special Sedan when I can. We're both in Vacaville and would appreciate any help or advice we can get. To be honest I already have quite a few questions and I've only had the car a week:D. Looking forward to meeting you all.
    [​IMG]

2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Welcome! neat buick so what are your plans? Drag car? custom?

3. santacruzpnk

santacruzpnk

Undecided so far, the good news is that I'll be busy sorting the minor issues it has for a bit so I should have time to do some planning. Any ideas? I wouldn't mind swapping for the 401 but the current 300 is freshly rebuilt and I don't have the funds at the moment.

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. Nice Buick.

5. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Welcome from So cal the south bat Aera...

6. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Any Ideas HA HA Im full of em LOL, you didnt say if the 300 was stock? Hell throw some astros on it with some skinny whites and enjoy the 300 for now and save and build a wicked 401 and then throw the wheels you have now back on with some pie crust slicks and maybe a little higher........two cars in one!!:D:D

7. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Howdy from Spokane, and welcome. Nice lookin' Buford. That LeSabre looks great with those early mags, very 60ish...cool.

8. santacruzpnk

santacruzpnk

Yeah astros would definitely work, that's one option on the table. According to the previous owner the 300 is rebuilt with new pistons, heads done, crower cam, edelbrock carb, switched from points to pertronix ignition. Would love to have headers on it but from what I've seen so far it's going to be a pain to find a decent set, short of having them made. Heard anything about Poston? I guess they used to make them but I've heard nothing but negative things about those so far. This may be a stupid question, but when did automakers switch over to unleaded fuel? Just making sure I can run unleaded 91 octane with no problems (Compression is 11:1).​

9. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Welcome, from The Biggest Little City. Nice clean ride ya' got there.
    It's not fitting into that Compact parking space though...:D
    I'd ask the fellow you bought it from if he had stainless inserts put on the heads when they were worked on.

10. Willy_P

Willy_P

Welcome from Kansas.

11. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas! Nice Buick!

12. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome From Tennessee .

13. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Tulsa. Ought to be a sweet ride when your done.

14. Welcome from Mountain View.