Register now to get rid of these ads!

E-T Mags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1958 IMPALA, Mar 22, 2012.

1. 1958 IMPALA

1958 IMPALA
    from CA

Would someone please post pics of the right lug nuts these E-T Mags take?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Don't have a pic but you just need a "shank" style lug with the right diameter and length. Summit has the dimensions listed on their site to make it easy. A dial caliper will come in handy or just bring a wheel to one of the many auto parts swap meets in Cal. and find "The Lugnut King".

3. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

if your in so-cal and can get to the pomona or long beach swap meet, there's a guy who sell's all this stuff to get your old et's back on the road. just know your stud size when you go, or bring a lug nut with you.

4. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Bought new one's in 67 , the tappered unilug washers used conical the others used shank nuts...

5. klazurfer

klazurfer

Tried Ebay ? :)

Attached Files:

6. Jimmy

Jimmy

From your photos it appears that you have uni-lug wheels. Steel inserts fit into recesses in the aluminum casting to give you the option of three bolt circles; 4 1/2", 4 3/4", and 5". These inserts use a tapered seat lug nut. I don't recall whether or not the taper is the same as what GM used on your Chevy. Measure the taper of your inserts and buy lug nuts with same or get new inserts with matching lug nuts.

7. chubbie

chubbie

Hi 58! I have some of these nuts and washers, i know i do somewhere:rolleyes:. they could be in storage an hour from here or i would take some pictures for you. you can still buy them. i bought these from a local gas station. in your part of the world get ahold of the lug nut king!

Rolando Gonzalez, Ph. 909-376-8018

he would have new center caps too! the main thought i wanted to leave you with is these wheel/nut combinations work loose! cary a lug wrench with you and check them often:(

8. atch

atch

what klazurfer posted is exactly what you need (sorry for being Captain Obvious); the last ones i bought i got from a local tire store.

you can find them on-line also; as well as the other suggestions posted herein.

clarence has had these wheels on him for 20 years (+/-).

9. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure look like unilug wheels, but are they? Don't unilug wheels have elingated holes? These look round. The wheels have certainly been cast with provision for the unilug washers but they appear to have been drilled to a particular pcd, not unilug.

The witness marks makes it look like regular round washers have been used previously and that possibly these have been too large a diameter such that they have caught on the perimeter of the oval recess. They wouldn't seat too well then!

But that doesn't answer the question of what lugnuts to use. A measure of the holes might be insightful?

Chris

10. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

You can buy all the nuts and washers, offset or centered, from
    ezaccessories.com

Attached Files:

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like somebody turned the inserts backwards and used regular shank mag nuts and washers. I've seen that done before. I would get all new nuts and inserts for your lug size. As far as them working loose, I've never had a problem with them. Just tight them down, drive it a little, and then re tighten.

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

My local AutoZone carries those nuts and washers. Newstalgia Wheel was very helpful when I was buying mag lugs in the past, and they sell good stuff.

I think the oval-shaped washer is making it look like a unilug, but the round holes suggest otherwise. I could be wrong.

13. ET is still in business and has always helped me out in regards to their older stuff.

14. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Measure the dang hole,if it is right at 11/16ths it takes straight shank lug nuts. Any uni-lug wheel I have ever seen the holes are not round but enlongated. Those wheels look like they were made to be either style depending on how the hole was made.

15. After you measure the hole, measure the depth so you know how long the shank needs to be. Now of course you want it a little short so the nut can tighten down and not bottom out on the brake drum.

16. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

17. a little o/t but i put some slots on my o/t car went to tire discounters to see if i could get some lugnuts that wouldnt rust in amonth (since they sell aftermarket wheels) the manager said your out of luck they dont make lugnuts for after market wheels anymore.............i went down to o'riellys and bought them .... somepeople shouldnt be allowed to hold some positions

18. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I have a set of the same wheels. I just ordered up a set a washers and lug nuts from the lug nut king. They look and fit great.

19. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Those washers look like they are stuck in the hole. They are rusty and the wheel is not so I figure the washer is steel. can you knock them out from behind

20. Got a pair of those wheels in 15x8.5?

21. atch

atch

here we are 6 weeks later.

as i was going through my stack of business cards throwing away old/unnecessary ones i stumbled onto:

Anderson Speed Equipment
    Denny Anderson
    138 South 3rd Street
    Laurens
    Iowa

712-845-2009

www.andspeed.bizland.com

on the back of the card i had hand written:

E. T. lug nuts
    $1.00 each

i don't remember where i got the card or how old it is, but maybe it'll help someone on here.

22. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

[​IMG]

That's exactly right. Kind of a acorn w/small shank