Register now to get rid of these ads!

Family Road Trip This Summer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Oh yeah, the best thing about owning old cars.........driving them! That's what I love about living in the south........we can drive em year round! Everytime I take my 53 Belair out, people always trip out on the baby seat in the back. Nothing beats road trippin with the family in some vintage tin!

3. Love these old vids. My mom was a Rockette back in the 60's. my love of travelling has stuck with me all these years...brings back some great memmories for sure..thanks for the post.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the good old days.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that 54 was a tudor those kids in the back seat could have been my cousins an I headed to the beach with our grandparents on the annual trip to the beach with them. Then having our grandfather take the .25 bamboo flutes that we had bought at the curiosity shop in Longbeach Wa (where the big frying pan is) and stick them in the trunk for the last 150 miles home.

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Lots of great memories there...especially with Gale Storm "My Little Margie" and her family.

And the kids in the back seat made it there & back, alive & well, without safety belts. We did too !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

7. TomH

TomH

Did you notice the electric seat on that `54 ?

8. "Are we there yet?"
    "I have to use the bathroom."
    "I don't think I unplugged the iron."
    "Are we there yet?"
    "I don't think this is the right road."
    "I think that was your exit."
    "WATCH OUT!" usually followed by a stiff arm to the dash
    "Are we there yet?"

Oh yeah, road trippin'

9. mendoza727

mendoza727

"On any cross country vacation trip, the real expert is the one who takes the time to discover America".

10. HaHa! Marshes Free museum,And Jake the alligatorman! There was a place on I-90 in Montana that bragged about " See the 200lb maneating fish!". And thats exactly what you saw, A man...eating fish,sitting on a scale that read 200lbs!

11. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Although I cheat by taking a late model Suburban (No matter how much I love my wife and kids, I can only subject myself to so much abuse), I can't wait for the annual drive down to South Carolina. 12 hrs each way. I love to drive!

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

road trip! we're headed to the HAMB Drags this year for our road trip.

13. inkstain27

inkstain27

"Speed is expensive"

I guess some things never change. haha

14. moefuzz

moefuzz

The funny thing is, I didn't hear Dad yell at the kids for snap'in the lids on the ashtrays once during the whole trip!

15. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Yeah Jay, one of my best roadtrips was in my '30 coupe from la to the Asphalt Invitational and later on to Notch's , the bay area and finally Napa.
    Did a near month long road trip to key west last summer with the missus.

16. Lots of vacations when I was a kid. First in the back of a 56 Ford wagon, then later rear facing back seat in a 63 Ford Country Squire wagon.

Tried to recreate some of that with my kids. We took a many road trips over the years, many of them with this pop up trailer in tow.

[​IMG]

17. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I am getting the 389 in my Bonneville this year...lotta driving planned...man, warm air, windows down, and of course we'll enjoy music every mile of the way!

18. flamingokid

flamingokid

My folks never took vacations together.As I got older ,I figured out why.There was no room for his luggage after my Mom loaded down the car with hers.

19. I'm leaving the Big Apple with my brother on May 21. We are "road trippin'" my 57 out to Carlsbad, CA. If all goes well we should be there May 23 in the afternoon (C2C12). After a little rest, we're gonna drive up the coast for the West Coast show, as long as we are in the neighborhood. Then all the tourist stuff on the way back home. I'm gonna collect the last few magnets for my refrigerator, too. Damn, I love a good road trip!
    Bil

20. Oh yeah , the sights , the smells coming out of the backseat! Good times , we are shooting for the HAMB drags this year as well.