Register now to get rid of these ads!

HotRod Powertour

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ozark, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ozark

ozark

Has anyone done the HotRod Powertour. If so tell me about your experience. I'm thinking about doing the Michigan leg of the 2012 Powertour.

2. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Pm MartyB33. He did last years, long haul, in his 34 coupe.

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I went from Tulsa to San Bernadino with the Power Tour in 2001 and was a long hauler in 2003, Nashville to DFW, and 2004, DFW to Greenbay. Thinking about it again this year since its ending up in DFW but it depends on fuel prices and available funds at the time.

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've done a few legs of it several times, and long hauled once. My only advice would be to take a car buddy that you get along with, it will be much more enjoyable. If the car buddy is a babe, so much the better.

5. squirrel

squirrel

I did it a while ago, 97 and 04. It's fun, set your expectations low and you'll have even more fun. And do take someone you get along with well...if you take a babe, make sure she is into this stuff, or it could be trouble.

6. jdubbya

jdubbya

I did the long haul on the East Coast tour in fall of '98, from Fitchburg, Mass to St.Petes, Fla. I had a blast, the only drawback was the drive to the start, and the drive home... kind of a hike, but worth it.

7. I did 2005, from Roanoke VA to Englishtown, had a blast. Would do it again if it were closer to home.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's starting in Detroit this year so I'm having a kick off pig roast at my place on Friday night June 1st. Hope you can make it.

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i have done it the past few years , its a good time , aimed more at late models and muscle cars but you'll see a few rods , if your a gear head theres no way your not having a good time , cool way to see some of america , lots of backroads and small towns , great way to meet new friends and talk cars in the hotel lots and event checkpoints , i'll be going again this year

10. FlatheadFanFromMI

FlatheadFanFromMI

We had a blast doing the last leg last year. Looking foward to the tours return to Muskegon this year.

11. ozark

ozark

Thank you for the information.

12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Ozark the power tour is fun but there is way to many normal cars on the tour the last time I went there was like 30 minivans on the tour!!! That was the worst part... I see your living in Clarkston.. I lived there my hole life till I graduated HS good place to raise a family.

13. I was a long hauler in '97. It was unforgetable. You get to cruise your car everyday and hit some open roads and cars shows every night. Hope i can do something like it again someday.

14. Its a lot of fun. You"ll make some life long friends all across the country

15. George

George

Been doing the PT from '05 thru last year, Long Hauled 3 times. There are PT specific sections on Hot Rod's site & www.bangshift.com The PT is a blast! A lot of Muscle Cars, but a lot of hot rods too. About the only place you see Super Birds, Daytona Chargers & an occaisonal Pro Street car going down the road under power instead of on a trailer. Wide variety of stuff & some great giveaways @ the venues. My wife won me a new Edel carb @ Springfield, Mo on year & we found ourselves sitting with the Edelbrock family @ a feeding @ Columbia SC in '06.