Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nice Place

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. Got to be the coolest place in the world for a car show! Glad you were there to enjoy it!

3. thark

thark
    from Oklahoma

Cool building!! Thanks for the photos.

4. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

Have fun, looks like a blast!

5. pumpman

pumpman

Looks like you are having an amazing time, enjoy Ryan. We only get one shot at it! Thanks for sharing you lucky guy.

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Cool pics! I love checking out architecture about as much as I do hotrods

7. the-rodster

the-rodster

I gotta get me a ute some day!

Badass!

[​IMG]

8. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Not bad .....for a bunch of Convicts..;)

9. flamingokid

flamingokid

It must be tough to know you have to come back.Savor the experience.

10. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet venue. Kinda one-ups the old armory show...

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That really is an amazing venue.....damn!

12. silverdome

silverdome

The attention to detail inside and out on that building is like a well done vehicle. Not overwhelming and very tasteful. True Craftsmanship!

13. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Chick and I we lucky enough to make a trip down under seven years ago. And like Ryan shows, great people, great cars, but you know there is a but here. Every Rodder wanted to show off thier cars and collections which was great, and here is the but, most of the vehicles looked just like we have at home and one import was a one time local car. We understood the effort it take to get that "Hot Rod Look" in a place you have to import parts using either a slow boat or a fast credit card. but what we wanted to see were true Australian cars. "Utes? you want to look at Utes?, Come on Mate, they just our work vehicles,," "Slopers? There just funny sedans?
    Yea but we had never seen them. Then finally our hosts got the message, and we started to see 1933 Fords that were just not 'right'. And the shop with the 1940 Ford convertable, that when you went to the back it was a 1936 Ford rear quarters, factory. At a tip (almost junk yard) a Ford Pilot Ute and an Anglia Ute. That's what we came 7,000 miles to see. Then there was the round the block ride in a freshly restorded 1937 Chevy Ute,,,,memories.

14. Tain't nuthing wrong with your writing or pic taking! Don't question what your doing man whatever your formula it works for me....Thanks for sharing that place is amazing. Very cool to see what influence us Americans have had across the globe.

15. Now ya know how I felt coming from a RHD country and trying to drive LHD in Little Rock and San Francisco. Scary shit... especially at intersections... :D

16. sololobo

sololobo

O.M.G., that little black ute is the bees knees! That majestic structure is so beautiful. What a palace to exhibit some cool rides. Man, thanx for sharing this adventure with us. Uber cool!! ~sololobo~

17. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

When I was in Japan, everyone wanted to take me to "Outback Steakhouse".......When I came back to Oz, everyone wanted to take me to Japanese Restaurants......WTF????

About a month ago, some friends were having a sendoff for an American guest, and they couldn't figure out why she was laughing so hard at the Cheezy 'American Diner' they had taken her to...

I'm glad Ryan & Blake are getting plenty of Aussie BBQ, cheap piss, and hangovers!!!

For a REAL taste of Melbourne, I hope Ryan got a speeding ticket for being 4 km/h over the limit:D

18. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

......oh,......and that little black ute is even gourgeouser in the flesh......absolutely stunning!

19. haychrishay

haychrishay

That is a cool building ! thanks for sharing...oh yeah the ute is pretty nifty !!

20. BLAKE

BLAKE

That building is incredible...

[​IMG]

21. My bucket list was pretty much completed....until I saw photos of the Royal Exhibition Hall a couple years ago.
    Gotta get there before I die.

22. Have a milkshake at the NGV while checkin' out 'The Mad Square'.

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Damn cool venue.....the shop is to die for ...but.... the light in the Rancho Deluxe is amazing!

24. Probably the only place in the world that has a Heritage listed building that is used for car shows. Had a feeling you guys would be blown away by the building moreso than the cars :D It is a very well preserved piece of architecture and one of the best sites to see in Melbourne.

25. catdad49

catdad49

Tuff duty, but somebody has to do it! Love the Ute, Cat

26. Firefly

Firefly

Melbourne is a great spot. If you have an eye for architecture, quirky angles and the odd bit of street art .... arm yourself with a camera and take a stroll around the inner city 'burbs .... before you know it you will have 'lost' a couple of hours.

27. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

This just serves to strengthen my idea that the place I'd really love to move to is Melbourne...

Can't wait for the special on Rancho Deluxe, and the roadster... it's my favourite '32, bar none.

Cheers, Eddie

28. nofin

nofin
    from australia