Register now to get rid of these ads!

Constructive critizm and Moderator imput needed.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 5632, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 5632

I have enjoyed the H.A.M.B. for a number of years but seldom contribute.. I have learned a great deal from many talented and intelligent people. As with any group there are comments from people who obviously don't have a life and nothing to do. I can overlook these fools most of the time. The one thing that upsets me the most are people who reply to a posting which has 1 to 6 or more pictures and repost all the pictures with some sort of comment such as "Great". A good example is regulatory on the Friday Art Show but is through the H.A.M.B. I know they are properly not idiots and just don't know how to post there comment in a user friendly way. But, why does not a Moderator contact or eliminate there posting so that a person enjoying the H.A.M.B. does not have to see the same thing over and over. There are times that I have had enough, just turn everything off and than go about enjoying my day.

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Taking a few liberties of my fellow Moderators, because we donate our time and can't look at every post of every topic.

If we did look at every post of every topic, that's all we would be doing is looking for responding posts and not get to enjoy the HAMB for our more specific fine tuned likes ourselves.

That's why.

Thanks for the critisizm but if you can - overlook it.

Thanks,

3. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

I think a lot of people are computer dummys, like me:D
    Explain on this thread how to quote without the pics. appearing, and it may cut down on this happening.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

With the Backspace button on your keyboard you can get rid of part of the Quote, before you hit the Submit Reply button.

Like I did here with your quote.

You can do the same with a quoted pic.

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Because we are too busy putting out the big fires...

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I wish i knew......
    B.B.

7. I am going to go out on a limb here and say the "big fires" that one moderator referenced are probably those posts of name-calling ... just pointing that out !

8. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

So how do you feel about spelling and puncuation? <grin>.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I nominate you to be the "Quote Police"! Every time you see the infraction you can educate that person on exactly how to do it properly.;)

10. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

You Go Girl!!!!! I second the nomination, you are now the HMFIC in charge of responses.

11. I 3rd the nomination. It bugs the fuck out of me too but now I don't have to worry about it any more.

12,pictures quoted with " that's cool" has got to eat up HAMB space for no good reason..
    The only thing that is more annoying is blue Xs where really cool pics used to be.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  12. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Like this......

13. I understand what you mean, but cant imagine it ever bugging me enough to turn my computer off. Dont sweat the small things

14. pecker head

pecker head

15. badshifter

badshifter

Great!

16. fat141

fat141

[QUOTE=pecker head; X X 's

Sorry, couldn't help it;)
    Rod

17. Constructive critzim... Must be some kind of glue... :confused:

18. Pre-K