Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Drag Footage of the Day...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. hammeredt

hammeredt

Any indication as to where this was filmed? Seems like eastcoast- Look at all the channeled cars. Nice

Thanks for sharing.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A great 2 mins of inspiration! That chop on the 32 5w is cool but I'm drawn to that red 3w. That one lets me know I'm at least somewhat on track with my '35. Very cool stuff JB.

Need to start planning for next year's Revolution for sure!

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I always enjoy seeing the old films of drag racing . I bought some DVD's from a guy on the HAMB and they were some drags down in Texas I believe . Many old drags from the 50,'s and 60,s . Over 2 hours but no sound . That's fine with me because I can turn the music on while I watch them .
    Just one of those things that you never get tired of watching !
    Thanks for the couple minutes of enjoyment !

Retro Jim

5. jjsound

jjsound

That would be neat to find an entire collection, like ten discs worth, of silent drag and road race footage!

6. I really like that chopped 32 Ford with the bare radiator. At first glance, it looks like a Model T radiator, but its just a little too wide. In whole, the car looks like a world class Irish bare knuckle boxer. I dig it! :eek::D!!!

7. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

If this movie was a video shot, say, last weekend. It would get slammed for having off-topic Rat Rods..........

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Seriously dude? I didn't see the spiderwebbed rusted out forced patina tractor grill shiteboxes you are referring to. Even the unfinished 5 window had patch panels and a filled cowl vent. Very cool video Jay! Thanks for posting it.

9. farmer12

farmer12

Love the vid, thanks for posting.

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

Looks like the Great Plains,possibly Nebraska,Iowa...

11. 296ardun

296ardun

THANKS FOR POSTING!! I also wondered where and when, probably early to mid-50s, looks like Texas or somewhere in the high plains, eastern Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas maybe...??

12. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Sweet Vid !!! I was born about 25 years too late, wish i was 16 in the early 60's