Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alsa Cob Webbing Paint,anyone use it yet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FunnyCar65, Nov 19, 2011.

1. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Looking for some feed back from anyone thats shot it yet.

2. Funny car...That was used many years ago by many people...
    You will need a special paint gun..A Veiling gun....ask about those type of spray guns...

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

IF you can find lacquer paint...any color will work...you won't need a "veiling gun," whatever that is...!!! I used to "cobweb" with lacquer and a regular paint gun...and you still can...use low pressure and a very minimal amount of reducer...it works fine...

R-

Here's a couple of pix of a Caddy air cleaner done with lacquer...this was done just three or four years ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

First cobweb paint job I saw applied was 1967 (or so). Panel painted 66 Chevelle SS. The cobwebbing was done by using a regular old Binks gun and un-thinned lacquer. Enough air pressure was used so that the lacquer was forced out the tip in 'strings' which landed haphazardly on the car....all clear coated over. After I saw how easy it was to do I cobwebbed everything that would stand still long enough for me to paint it. That lasted about 9 months, then I got over it and moved on to psychodelic murals etc.. The 60's were outasight man.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A cool paint treatment when done in small doses like panels or detail but a bit Post HAMB friendly.
    I think a lot of guys went straight from that to lace painting as lace was the hot lick in 1969 When I was at Ft Hood Tx.

6. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

you'll be happy with the results you'll get using alsa. like was mentioned above, you wont need a special gun, and its all in the air pressure. post some pics once you do some stuff!

7. Thumper

Thumper

Shit man........Krylon sells it in a spray can....called "Webbing". Hobby lobby or any craft store should have it..:D

8. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Thanks finally the feed back I was looking for.