Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Revolution Count Down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. 8-Track

8-Track

It should be even better show this year. Wish my car was done so i could bring it down there.

3. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

"It's gonna rule."

No, it's gonna rule AGAIN. Can't wait.

4. Damn, I wish I could make it down!

Just not in the cards this year...

5. CAN'T WAIT!!! Looks like there's gonna be alot of high quality stuff there! Just added another day to my stay at the Austin Motel, be there Thurs-Sunday.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  6. 460214

from iowa

That does it!! I am going to sell my 1960 Thunderbird custom/daily driver and build a Hot Rod!! Nothin' fancy mind you, but a REAL Hot Rod!!

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I wish I could make it :(... Bob will be shooting it for MFS 7!!!! :D just sayin...

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

I super bummed I won't be able to make it this year either....was hoping to bring the T down from Portland, but it's in pieces right now and I won't have it back together in time.
    :(

9. kisam

kisam

I can't wait! It's like Christmas!

10. Wow! What a great line up!
    What's the story on the coupe with the fenderettes and continental kit?
    I dig it!

11. RAY With

RAY With

The revolution is just around the corner and we are ready to head out.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's a historical find...one of a few that we should have on hand at the base.

13. Dammit. I knew I shoulda picked Austin over England.

14. catdad49

catdad49

There's more than a few interesting machines in that bunch. Hope there's some history that follows! Thanks, Ryan

15. sololobo

sololobo

The South Omaha Turds are sad to miss this historic showplace and the rides at this gig. And the coolest band in my world The Palidans are going to tear it up. Enjoy and take pix. Lets Buzz!! ~sololobo~

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, what a great collection! ..And isn't the first one the Pete Chapouris Roadster? Love that car!

Malcolm

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Someday!.........Probably the finest "Hot Rod Show" of the year!

18. Bodger45

Bodger45

Damn it, I wish it were closer.

19. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

[​IMG]I could be 'coy' and ask the 'history' on this car - but won't This '34 Coupe was built from the ground up by C. Hascall from here in Oregon from a bare unchopped and floppy body only that was a roundy rounder at one time, which is why the doors have or at least had no innerstructure - there was no inner structureto the body at all, and C. added at least some. I found some pics here on the HAMB from this summer of the car for sale with an interior - but when we had it, it had none - really none - plywood for a seat. He used the Andy Kassa car as basic inspiration - we kinda dig the East Coast vibe out here, and he wanted to do that type of channeled car. The 'history' that surrounds it is concocted, and has been added to by various - shall we say - unscrupulous sellers over the last few years, and this has been 'aided' by the magazine features it's had listing it as historic. It's a cool cool car - but built in the last ten years or so, and most definitely not in 1959. The Olds motor came from a wrecking yard near Newberg (was in a '59 Ford 'Gasser' style pickup!). I owned it for a year or so - and it scared the whiz out of me a couple of times. C. Hascall had it at Bakersfield - and drove by one of the host hotels doing a smoky burnout (aided by oil on his back tires - shhh). I believe that Squeak Bell either drove it or rode in it at over 100 mph. He can refute C.'s ownership and building of the car, as could many people from here in Oregon. Contact me if any questions. Not trying to stir up anything - just feel that C. should get the credit he deserves - which is building the car from a bare body.

Would love to attend the Revolution - and hopefully will someday - have an awesome time!! Tim :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  20. Are you going to try and keep it the same weekend for next year. I want to come out next year but have to know ahead of time so I can put in for time off. Any info would be great.

21. seatex

seatex

if it's HALF as cool as last years show, it's gonna" be a blast!

22. JJK

JJK

This is why I love living in Austin,

23. flamingokid

flamingokid

Maybe next year.I had that weekend spoken for for over a year.It looks like it's going to be a great show.

24. spooler41

spooler41

Ryan, I loved your lead in story. Out standing!

................Jack

25. swimeasy

swimeasy

Missed the last years show- I will not miss this one! Early Dec. is just better for me! Anyone comming from West Texas- San Angelo area?

26. Anyone going from the East Coast/Rt 85 area? or Rt 40 through Memphis? We will be leaving sometime Wednesday, Nov 30th AM (a buddy of mine will be riding shotgun), in my 40 coupe. I've never been that way but I would think either 85 or 40 would be a good route to take towards Montgomery or Memphis and it would be great to cruise in with other HAMBrs. I'm open to suggestions, ways to avoid traffic, road construction, problems, weather, etc. We're looking to be in the Houston area by Thursday eve or sometime Friday morning, and in Austin by early Friday evening.

Looking forward to the show!

Attached Files:

27. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Heard it from the horse's mouth that there will be a caravan coming from Nor-Cal w/ some super fine cars built in the real traditional sense. Some genuine original hot rods !! BTW I am having a ball up here at the Rancho de Tardel. All I can say is amazing !!! More on this trip soon.

28. Tommy R

Tommy R

I didn't realize Tuffy was going to be there! Icing on the cake!

And I agree.....great lead-in, Ryan.

29. We secured our room and flight last night. I am pumped! See y'all there.

30. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey Tom t I live in houston hit me up if you want a tour of some shops or need any repairs or help