Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another Junk-ology expedition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lazlobassett, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

well, I have been off in the wilds of New Jersey on a small junkology outing. Today was recon day, I'll be back out there for a real go at it next week. Here are some pix from todays preview

Attached Files:

2. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

more pix

Attached Files:

3. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Someone's ongoing projects? LOL

4. Sheesh - another week and you won't even see these things with all the leaves! Thanks for the pics ....

5. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

There are a few model A's in very poor condition, the '41 ford coupe was teh guys car in high school, still has original flatty in it, he said the only mod he did was to put a 97 pot atop of it. I might try fro that car, see if the guy is on the pipe or not, hope he's not.
    The sideways pic is a steel anglia shell with glass doors, rear fenders and deck lid, I tried to get a pic of the front axle, it has lightening holes and looks like it was chromed, might have a try at that one also. It's going to be interesting, think I'll be back that way Sunday if I can get out social things girl-Fiend wants me to do.

Attached is a better pic of the anglia shell

Attached Files:

6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Girl-Fiend???? Thats precious.
    Snatch that Cushman too if you can. Theyres a biiiig following for those.
    Good luck.

7. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

That '28 Chevy head is worth something to the banger guys.

Ron

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Fairly certain that is a '41 Mercury not a Ford. I'd love to have one of those. Looks like some really cool stuff in there.

9. skoh73

skoh73

10. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Oh, yes, it is a Mercury, I'm just a little stupider today than usual. The mercury emblems all over it give that away.... Can I claim " junk drunk " ?

11. Reminds me of "Let's Make a Deal"

...OR would you like to go for what's behind tree number 3 ?!

12. Reminds me of "Let's Make a Deal"

...OR would you like to go for what's behind tree number 3 ?!

13. Thumper

Thumper

Crosley's too..!! :eek::eek:

14. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Well, i'm going back this morning to talk a little turkey and see where this guy is at. I hope to come away with the cushmans ( theres 2), the '41 mercurys ( theres 2) Oh, yeah, it just occured to me that the car under the tarp is supposed to be a '41 merc wagon. Would that bee a woody? I'm thinking it might be. If so it has it's original V8 ( as does the coupe). That revalation kept me up all night last night. Thsi is going to be interesting. More pics & results this evening.

Cheers!

Matt

15. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Ok, I'm back. Camera is dead so I can't download the pix, theres only a few. The '41 merc isn't available yet, it was his high school car, has sentimental value. it's rough, right side running board is gone, door bottoms, no radiator. motor is intact, interior all there but rough. I think it worthy but will have to wait to see what he wants to do.
    I came away with 2 cushmans, one '40's the otehr 50's both rough projects but I thik good. Also found a Edelbrock intake 3X2 for a nail head and matching aluminum flywheel.
    Plan to go back Tuesday and Wednesday. Will post new pics Tomorrow when I can charge batteries.

Cheers!

Matt

16. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Oh, the other car is a '41 4 dr sedan w/ flatty v8. not realy interested in that one.

17. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

[​IMG]
    Really like the little Crosley. I've always wanted one myself.

18. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Here's a few new pix. A couple fo model a's, one a fire truck with teh front driven pump, cool, but mostly re claimed by the earth. another A in a similar state, hard to see these so rotted from neglect. I asked about teh corsley Hot Shot, mostly I wanted the swan hood ornament but teh guy said all the Crosleys have to go as one lot, I think there are about 10 of them. Not sure about that , I might make an offer and see how it goes.
    There are the Cushmans on the luggage rack of the Checker, back seat was full of Tins. I think he was fair on them. Also the the Nailhead Intake and flywheel.
    I'll be back there tomorrow witha friend who is into tri 5 chevys, theres a bunch of parts and carcasses. Probably he'll want them to go as one lot also.

Wednesday, I'll be tehre witha nother friend who is into military things, there is supposed to be a uncut jeep chassis there, one of those unstable independent suspension ones they quartered when sold.

More to come!

19. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Pics got lost somewhow...

Attached Files:

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

All Ford station wagons are woodies from 1928(the first) to 1951(the last woodie) as the Mercury station wagons from 1939-1951.

21. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

What's the deal with the '56 CHEVY with the '57 Front end setting behind it?

22. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

all for sale. The township wants his land and they are driving him & his 88 year old Mother out. They jumped his propery taxes up 600% from 7k to 42k a year. one of the members of the " old boy " network wants to put a restaurant there. It's really F-ed up what they are doing to him.

23. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

so they found a way around the eminent domain for profit rules they got busted on. anybody want to bet the tax rate on that property gets reduced after for "stimulus" reasons? bastards

24. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

Lazlobasset- If you decide not to go for the Crosleys (and nobody on here is up for 10 of them) let me know... I know some guys in that area who'd probably try to salvage the whole lot of 'em. I'd just hate to see them get crushed.

25. Looks like a 48 crosley. A buddy of mine has a mini pro street one.

26. fbama73

fbama73

I'd sure do my best to see just how much toxic chemicals I could dump on that land on my way out. I wonder where a guy could find a large quantity of Mercury (the element, not the 4 wheeled kind)

27. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Save the Crosleys !

28. 62dartman

62dartman

Man i hope all that stuff gets saved! Stuffs in Jersey??? I wish i had some "disposable income"!!!

29. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Update time ! More Pix! I was back with a friend and the guy gave me a title for one of the cushmans issued in 1948 ! I thought that very cool!

Attached Files:

30. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

More Pix ! I believe the front end for the Ma bell truck is there or there is another front clip for it.

i attached a pic of teh Cushman title in this bunch 'cause I think it's great!

I wish I could take all this stuff home but home is kinda crowded as it is and as painful as it be, i can't have everything.

cheers!

Attached Files: