Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 Hemi: What's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Bones, Jul 25, 2005.

1. I've acquired a good late model 331 block, heads, crank, rods, and accessories. Although this is a desirable motor, I like my V8-60.

I'm no hemi guy, so what is this thing worth? Also, what is a 4 x 2 hemi intake worth?

2. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

i honestly dont know on the price ,, but when you do figure it out shoot me a pm or an email [email protected] thats what ive been wanting to put in my 32 pickup

3. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

If it is complete with good valve covers and Oil pan. I would say $600-$1000 depending on your area's economics.

4X2 is a good $400-$700 on egay with no carbs

But you should give a brother a HAMB discount:D

4. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

i dunno but I'd be interested in the 4x2 setup when you are ready to sell it.

5. raven

raven

I may have a 331 coming up for sale soon.
    r

6. Jaypee

Jaypee
    from Finland

Tony,,,
    If you don´t have any plans for that intake, check out my signature :)

Jaypee

7. Jaypee

Jaypee
    from Finland

To answer your question i just paid about 1000$ for two 331´s.
    One is complete(needs total rebuild) and other is for parts only(no heads,water pump,valve covers etc.) And this happened in Finland so I think it wasn´t a bad deal.

Jaypee

8. I intend to. That said, I can't give the motor/intake away, due to needing cash for my project.

9. I cant tell you what it's worth but it would help to no what year motor it is.51-53 with the extendid bel housing would be the least desireable. 54 is better but, becose of the thermostat in the intake,and cast iron timing cover\water pump housing,there can be problems with finding parts.55 would be the most desirable, being that most parts are the same as those used on 354\392.Parts interchange and availability have a big roll in price.But in the end its only worth what some is willing to give you for it. good luck.

10. skumbag

skumbag

i've heard that 331's didnt make alot of power, anyone know how true that is.
    just wonderin...

thanks, matt

11. junkmonger

junkmonger

Don Garlits is rumored to have gotten 3000 HP from the blown '54 331 he raced. Dunno if it's true, but of course, he only had to go 1/4 mi at a time, so reliability was not an issue. I plan to keep mine fairly stock. I think it came from the factory with a conservative rating of 275 HP with one 4bbl carb.

I'm also looking for a 4x2 intake, but may build a log intake from aluminum tubing if prices get too scary.

BTW, I paid $800 for my '54 331 about 4 years ago.

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I have a 331 with a load of goodies, extra heads etc...I believe both 53 and 55 heads and the motor is believed to be a 55....I am really on the fence about selling it...not sure what to do, so I am kind of in the same boat, but if someone walked into my garage with money I would probably give in. I dont know when on Earth I'll use it. I recently sold my 4x2 with carbs on here for $550 needing rebuild 4 ways around and intake with a broken carb stud or two, but it was definately a HAMB price hookup as on ebay they are through the roof...

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

iT is WorTh jAck ShiT....SeLl It tOO me.....I am cOlleCtiNG scrap for cHina.

14. Jaypee

Jaypee
    from Finland

I tried to Pm you Tony, but your pm space is full.

Jani

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Well i paid $300 for a 1951 331 that just needs to be punched 10 over probably had less than 50k miles on a new (1954) factory short block from the original owners nephew and i bought a desoto for $300 that needed to have a crank turned but both i thought are bargins.

I might be interested in the intake though let me know on that.

16. Jaypee

Jaypee
    from Finland