Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #81
Spike!
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: The Jalopyrama - Part II

Ryan- I'm embarrassed that you were made to feel guilty about absolutely nothing. we finally get one of the cool kids over and now I'm sure that you think we're all a bunch of pussies.. I'm with the group that happened to have loved your story, as it were. I was there. It was un-eventful. It needed some spicing up. For those of you that bitched, and I don't care who you are, thanks for the embarrassment.

I don't know if you remember this Ryan, but I had sent you a PM maybe a year or two ago, stating there were two car shows I really wish you could experience. One was the Jalopy-Rama. The other was the Jalopy Showdown. Sorry about suggesting two shows. I have it narrowed down to one now. I can guarentee there wil be no such complaining. Some people need to try Vagisil.

You were invited to the show as a spectator and you did the show the way you wanted. I guess they lied when they said there were no expectations from you. I tried to leave you alone, but, to be honest, I really wanted to meet you. To talk cars. to show you some of the cool stuff we have over here.

Yes, you missed the load in, but you never would have made it anyway. You didn't even get to the hotel until after that all happened anyway. The load in s very cool, but Hell...it wasn't meant to be. I'm pretty sure you weren't given an itinerary. You also missed a very cool ride through Annapolis in that brown raodster..don't worry...I took that ride for you and it was killer. Damn near perfect. No regrets..hahaha

I still cant believe that you are appologizing.. you are far more gracious that I...but then, I also can't believe that anyone complained..

Normally I stand by the home team, but I'm siding with the Texans on this one.

Pennsylvania is the North by the way..come meet some real Yankees... sorry about the whole bitch crowd.

Spike
Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #82
milwscruffy
Alliance Member

I still think the first thread was real and this one is gonzo. That way it seems like Ryan is less boring than me. Either way I don't see what the big deal was because you were on vacation. When somebody starts to tell me what time to get up on vacation that's where I would have a problem. To the 0600 crowd we only sleep in because we can and me working 3rd shift might have something to do with it as well. As Ricky Nelson once said " you can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself".
Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #83
CG
Alliance Member

I wouldn't know Ryan if I bumped into him face first. But after reading the HAMB for as long as I have I was surprised he even mentioned he was going north. The fact he missed the meet and great was no surprise either.

When he says he's a hermit I can believe it. Just read his musings on The Garage Journal. He hates the general area of that site. He cant understand why people that have become "internet buddies" like having a place just to shoot the shit.

Anyone that expects him to be something he obviously isn't just doesnt get it. Keep up the good work Ryan, personally I didn't see the need for an apology, but good on you for appeasing the unhappy few.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #84
seatex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothiandon1940 View Post
Wow, this is tough to read. I will admit that I personally was a little disappointed with you, Ryan, thought you kinda dissed us "Northerners" just a bit by showing up as late as you did. I certainly can't speak for Mike or any of his crew. That's entirely up to them. That said, this blog points out to me what a real human being and straight shooter you are and I'm willing to forgive and move on. It took a big guy with a lot of decency and humility to man up and write the words you just wrote. I for one hope you come back this way again for the Jalopyrama or for the Jalopy Showdown in the Spring or for whatever. It's behind us now, let's all try to be upbeat and positive going forward........Don.
sorry, I just couldnt get past the first page without sounding off.............."willing to forgive and move on"???? REALLY?
tell 'ya what, lothi, come on down to the Roundup in Austin and we won't give a shit what time you show up, you know why?
Because this country is about freedom, choose your own interpretation. Personally, I enjoyed the "Gonzo Post", and anyone who took that literally hasnt been hanging around the Journal very long.
This ain't Goodboys, and it sure as hell ain't full of folks with crying babydolls leaning against their car.
Man up? WOW..............try it, you may throw away your pantyhose.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #85
autobilly
Old School HAMBer

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ly#post7078467
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #86
striper
Old School HAMBer

Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide...

Hmmmm.... must be something ambiguous about the above statement. Who the fuck is Ryan anyway?

http://www.readersdigest.com.au/most-trusted-professions-2013
Old 10-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #87
seatex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Willy View Post
This reminds me of the drunk high school quarterback who crashes the cake and cookies party and drags home the three hottest chicks....

Grow up fellas, learn artistic freedom and sarcasm (whatever you want to call it), and let a guy live.

Christ, what wouldve happened if Ryans flight was cancelled?
Okay, I was trying to give up on this post, but this made me glad I didn't! Just wish I'd seen it before I posted! (no, that AIN'T an apology!)
Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #88
neverdun

Ryan,
Sorry I missed you as I had to leave early but thanks for coming up to the Jalopyrama. It's a can't miss show for me even if it is only for a couple of hours,
Keep up the good work.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #89
-Brent-
Old School HAMBer

I like this group better when we all just talk hot rods.

WANTED:
- 1933/34 Drive Shaft and Torque Tube
Old 10-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #90
Grumbler
Grenade Inspector

Alcohol consumption, killer hangovers, sleeping it off......ah, whats the issue here anyway? All seems very "traditional" to me
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #91
slammed
Old School HAMBer

I 'heard' Hunters voice while reading the 1st Gonzo Post. He haunts your keyboard, doesn't he? WAS looking forward to Pt. 2 being the same. In this thread the communication/expectations were executed. MC duties next year?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #92
n.z.rodder

What, the first thread wasn't real??!! Next you're gunna tell me Skywolf's threads aint real either!!
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=497995

Scotty.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #93
flamingokid

It always amazes me how the internet has led to the "Ass-Hurt" generation.People just get their knickers in a twist over the weirdest things.I'm always one of the first guys in a show and one of the last out,whether it be the Pavillions in Scottsdale,the Paradise in Omaha,or Sonic in KC.If you're late,that's your problem,unless they paid your way and there were specific instructions for you to be there at 8AM.I think that the apology is owed from the other end.Also,I'd drop the Hunter Thompson thing,too many mouthbreathers not getting it,I guess.And,in a burst of dirty thunder,I'm outta here.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #94
hotrod1940
Old School HAMBer

In the post above is the wonderful word mouthbreathers.
The Mouthbreathers vs the Posers, the ultimate debate. A study in condescension.
Pick one.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #95
oj
Alliance Member

I have seen less inflamitory threads get shut down by the monitors. The concept that somebody is right and others must be wrong is not the one to have. I have enough ass to speak up for the JalopyRama crew, i just read thru 5 pages of people that don't have a dog in this fight suck up to Ryan by taking cheap shots at a good bunch of guys that have created a world class hot rod event that is anchored in honor and integrity. The event is all about the cars! Paying tribute and respecting world class traditional hot rods - remember? Mike and the RustyNuts are not a bunch of whining pussies whose panties are bunched up and right about about now i bet they are so pissed that there may well not be a JalopyRama 9. So lighten up on the personal bullshit okay?