Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wiper Option for 48-52 Ford F1 Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark in Japan, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I've written this because someone in another thread thought it deserved it's own thread.

When looking for Wiper options for these classic trucks, Vaccuum Sucks, Wrecking Yard solutions never have the right arm length/space under the dash, and replacement electric units are kinda costly.

This Cable driven wiper set up makes use of Brittish Mini components, that just so happen to work with the few required Ford bits.
    As you'll see in the pics, I still have space for fully functional Cowl Vent bracketry, and minimal intrusion into the precious underdash real estate.

I'm not sure if other Brittish makes used these cable driven wipers (Jaguar??)

This install was done by fabricator extroadinaire Ian Hardy in Melbourne, Australia, about 10 years ago, and as you can see....it's a cracker!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those that get something out of this.......Great!

For those that don't........stiff shit!

:)

Thaplumbr likes this.
  2. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Very cool, I was just wondering what I'm going to do for a wiper once the snow starts flying...

4. complit1107

complit1107

5. I used the wiper assembly out of an early TR 4 in my 50 F1 years ago .Marks right the wiper transmission fits great without having to cut anything. MG's Triumphs jags all use that cable drive. THe early cars are single speed and later are two speed .

6. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I got my stuff from Newport Engineering...I wanted something that works and has good service...