Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Teenagers '27 T-Bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bucket of T, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Hello, Me and my brother bought a 1927 model t last year. My neighbor was storing this diamond in his backyard for a friend. It has sat for 10 years, no tarp, no cover and got no attention. My neighbor is an avid car enthusiast, and same with us. We would see this car every time we went to our neighbors house, and it tore us up seeing it rot away but nothing we could do. I would read Hot Rods books, and dream of buying this car to fix up.

Well, the day came when the owner wanted to sell it. Our neighbor told us immediately, and told the guy he would either A. come down and get this car running and he could get more money, or B. sell cheap as is. We offered $3000 for it, and it took a while of deciding but the guy agreed. So me and my older brother decided we would split it, and buy it. One of the longest and best weeks I've ever had. We got it to our house and went to work getting it started. 30 minutes later we were riding around the neighborhood. Here is the day we pulled it into our driveway!

[​IMG]

I will posting many more pictures!

2. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

3. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Here are more pictures. I will post specs, ect. next post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

man what an awesome score!looks gooood! your gonna have a ball with that.

5. monsterflake

monsterflake

that has a very nice profile. it won't take much to make that thing right...

[​IMG]

6. Im liking it a lot. That sure will clean up nice.

7. rusty28a

rusty28a

8. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Alright Here's some specs and things we've done to it!

Drive-train
    -L98 block, 350 bored .30 over, Edelbrock Performer intake, holly carb., mild cam.
    -2 speed PowerGlide, b&m ratchet shifter
    - Ford 9 inch rear end
    -Sandersons exhaust

Brakes
    -Front corvette disc, rear drum, no power brakes
    Suspension
    -4 link front and back

Body
    -ALL steel with some rust
    -custom 17 gallon gas tank

Mechanical
    -vdo gauges
    -electric fan
    Rims/Tires
    -off my dads camaro he gave us, because ours were dry rotted. :D

I'm probably missing things.:cool:

Heres a rough outline of what we've done so far.

-all fluids, filters replaced/flushed
    -Rust repair in rear
    -rebuilt carb, alternator, distributor
    -Rear brakes got new shoes, wheel cylinders
    -front end got new seals, bearings, bushings
    -throttle cable/pedal replaced
    -new gaskets on everything
    -new master cylinder
    -much more

We have done a lot of painting and replacing little parts, that are hard to notice. It runs great, the tranny could use a rebuild however.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  9. F&J

F&J

I thought it looked like a real Ford body. Some of it looks old time, maybe some parts of the car remain from an old build.

..and I agree, the side profile is very cool.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
    Stogy likes this.
  10. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Great score! I like the stance.

11. Movinman

Movinman

Nice score! Where are you located in Florida? You need to bring that to Ormond Beach on September 3rd!

Attached Files:

12. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Here's a short background of myself.

I'm a senior at seminole high school. I take auto body at school and will have completed 5 years this year. Hopefully I will pass my ASE exam, and will be certified in paint and refinishing. I have worked on cars for a long time, my dad is rebuilding a '68 camaro, and '80 cj-7. We work in the garage a lot, and I have learned almost everything from him and my instructor at school. I worked pressure washing for a couple years, and saved all my money since I was a kid. My brother is in collage and we split all costs on the car. So it helps a lot when buying parts, insurance, tags, gas, and things like that. I go to a lot of local car shows, and the NSRA show in Tampa, and Daytona's Turkey Rod Run. We have done all the work ourselves, and all with our own money. We drive it a lot, I drive it to school. Here is a picture in my auto body class, I had done an alignment that day!

[​IMG]

13. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

I'm in sanford. How many cars are going to be there?

Thanks everyone for the replies!

14. greaser

greaser

Thats one sweet little T-Bucket! Great score!
    Now drive the wheels off it!

15. Awesome story and T Bucket!!, if I make the Turkey this year I'll introduce myself, you can check out my 26 P/U. Best of luck with that exam, TR :D

16. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

an awesome score keep on hot rodding ,

17. Sanford, that's cool, my wifes folks are in Deland. I first thought you were on the other coast by Tampa when I heard Seminole H.S. In Rockledge is J.W. Performance, they build some of thee worlds best tranny's and converters ever. Powerglides are thier specialty, I have one, been dynoed and build for 800 H.P., full manual, its incredible!! If you ever need anything built by them, PM me, and I'll put you in touch. TR

18. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Congrats!

Awesome score!

19. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

I'll probably be at Turkey friday and saturday, have you thought about NSRA's Tampa show/swap meet?

Thanks! The exam is in May so I have all year to study for it. There is like a 75% failure rate, so it shows a lot if you have it. Not necessary going into the auto body career but it will be a good back up plan, if all else fails.

20. We will all be pulling for you to ACE that test!! The NSRA meet is very iffy with my schedule, but thanks for asking, TR

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I think you bought well, as the auction guys say. But I wouldn't call it a bucket, myself. It's a diamond in the rough, to me. If you ever get the time to tear it down (ie stop smiling and run out of gas money) and repaint / rebuild it, it will be a gem. Gary

22. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Well I have just got back to work on it. been welding things up and fixing rust on the body. The plan for the most part, it to get rid of all rust(probably 50% done), and have the body work fairly complete before we take it apart. then take it all apart, paint everything, rebuild transmission, assemble then do interior within a few months. However we are waiting for my dad to finish his camaro so we can have more room in the garage, and also funding this operation is not something I want to do as of right now.

23. RodStRace

RodStRace

Great story! Best of luck on your testing, but ASE doesn't give you a certificate or patch unless you also have 2 years work experience.
    Hope some of the schooling can count toward that.

24. fleet-master

fleet-master

what an awesome car to drive to school in !!! (btw its a 27 roadster not a t-bucket per-se...but whos splittin hairs :D:D:D)

25. Movinman

Movinman

We are expecting well over 200 cars, plus a swap meet, live music all day, and some great people.

26. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

yes, my hours in the class count towards that!

hmmm I call it both, just what ever comes to mind... but what exactly is the difference from a T bucket and a roadster? Obviously its a roadster but isn't it also a t bucket as well?

27. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

t buckets have turtle decks or short pickup beds and they stopped building "buckets in 1925 if I remember correctly but 1923 is the popluar year t- bucket

28. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

29. Pete

Pete

VERY cool boys! You are gonna get so much ass in that thing! Enjoy!
    Pete-

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is one great buy! Very few people start out with something that nice, that they can put on the road without a lot or work or cash outlay. Have fun with it!