Register now to get rid of these ads!

RockAuto? they ROCK.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62rebel, Aug 17, 2011.

1. 62rebel

62rebel

ordered the gas tank for my Falcon on Sunday, it's on my porch when i get home from work today. what retails for about $390 in our local parts house, i got for less than a C-note. with the sending unit and shipping, it was STILL way less than HALF what the tank alone would have cost.

two-three days wait is well worth the savings. shit, who am i fooling? the local guys would PROBABLY have had to ORDER it from RockAuto as well!

now, too bad i work late the rest of the week and have to wait until Saturday to install and plumb it.

2. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Amen.........

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dang! that's awesome!

4. dexleo2

dexleo2

I wish I could have that kind of luck. I order parts Sunday and they show up Friday or later. Good for you

5. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

Rock Auto has been great every time that I have dealt with them. Good prices, fast shipping.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

sounds impressive, never used them but will look into them

7. N2hotrods

N2hotrods

I have been using them for a few months now and I am impressed with the prices and quality I have received name brand parts.

8. Dapostman

Dapostman

Nothing but good luck here. Found some really hard parts too.

9. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

We ordered a hard to find part for my son's OT Jeep from Rock Auto one afternoon and It was at our door at 10:30 the NEXT morning needless to say I was Very impressed.

10. Been using them for years, always fast shipping, great prices

11. 62rebel

62rebel

and for those of us who peer through parts catalogs for our daily bread?

their online catalog is damn near idiot proof.

i wish Volkswagen had one our customers could use.

(actually, no, i don't. i get a perverse kick out of them.)

12. Rock Auto downright rock.

Used them several times and have had nothing but 1st class service.

Friend in England ordered some parts Monday last week...they arrived Thursday!

13. TheMonkey

TheMonkey
    from MN

there's always a 5% discount code floating around the internet (google) for them too.

i've had good luck with them. silly fast shipping.

14. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

I agree with everything already said. Great products, prices, & shipping.

15. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

Glad to hear this. I am getting rady to put in an order but wondered how they were.

16. I bought quite a bit of parts from Rock Auto lately, but sometimes on a larger order they have to ship from multiple locations and the total shipping cost can get out of hand.
    I also compare the price to O' Reilly's sometimes cheaper to buy local even with the sales tax than a cheaper part plus shipping.
    I do have to admit it is easier to sit at the keyboard, order parts, and have them dropped of at your door in a few days.
    Their web sight also makes a great research tool too.

17. They're good on anything that ships for less than local sales tax. Some chains will price match them, though. So anything big I try to buy local and get the place to price match - I had a bad time with a part I bought that didn't fit and they wouldn't let me return it on their dime - which is okay, except it was going to cost me $40 to send it back, it ended up being cheaper to change the manifolds to make the thing work.

18. I use them all the time ,have had excellent service. Just ordered some ot stuff today.

19. toolman1967

toolman1967

Nice to know that customer service still means something. I have been going to their site but havent ordered yet due to the "Unknown" factor. I am going to order the brake parts from them tomorrow though.

Thanks for letting everyone know what a quality company they are.

20. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I've had nothing but good experiences with them too. I like that they have a wide selection on each part and you can save some serious $$$ if the project can wait a couple of days on parts. I was really surprised that we were able to get a gas tank, straps, sending unit and a bunch of suspension and brake stuff for my Dad's '62 Nova.

21. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

If I need something right now, I'll use my local parts store. If I can wait a couple of days, I order from Rock Auto. I've had good luck with all of my purchases and save a lot over the local stores. I buy all of my filters from them. In one way I hate to not support the local stores, but after finding out that I save almost half what the local parts store charges, it has become easier to order on-line.

22. 53 effie

53 effie

I've been using Rock Auto for several years. I got my Ranchero floor pans from them and had the parts in less than a week! The only issue I've had is the multiple shipping locations that can drive up shipping costs. So yeah, be aware of that when you are placing an order... Other than that, they ROCK!!

23. VonWegener

VonWegener

Well I guess I must be the exception. Ordered wiperblades an antenna and trunkseal for a '79 Mercedes. Total weight maybe 5 pounds. They charged me $34 shipping and only the wiper blades came with FedEx. The rest is MIA and since the other pars come from "another warehouse" it is apparently nobody's fault. So I paid $34 freight for $3 wiper blades.
    I will not shop there again.....

24. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I got all my brake system parts, wheel bearings,and universal joints from them for my 62 galaxie resto.great prices fast shipping.