Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else had problems with jamco?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattooedLew, Aug 14, 2011.

1. tattooedLew

tattooedLew
    from Mesa Az

I ordered the 49-51 engine conversion kit. Showed up with no hardware. Just got my Dual master cylinder kit. No instructions. Called and left several messages and emails and no reply? Anyone else have this trouble. Jamco is awesome and ill order again just a little disappointed.

2. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

I have never heard of missing parts, but they have been a bit slow in shipping lately.

3. tattooedLew

tattooedLew
    from Mesa Az

yea kinda weird. Sucks going to hardware stores trying to make stuff work though and installing stuff based off of pictures i google lol

4. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I bought the front sway bar for my 50 Ford last summer and it came with only half the bolts. The bolts it did have were not long enough. I called them and they had them ready to install the next weekend. I have bought a bunch of stuff from them had a few problems but overall they have always done it right.

5. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Ive emailed them twice recently and not even had a reply. Pretty disappointing and kind of ironic when they promote themselves by sending me emails! Ive been told its easier to buy their stuff off evilbay.
    Andy.

6. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

A buddy of mine has been waiting a while for some parts, he ended up going to pick them up and it turned out good.

Their products are top notch though!

7. We have a 49 ford in the shop, the owner spent alot of money with them. New front suspension, motor & tranny mounts, sway bar, disk brakes, power brake pedal kit, etc. Like mentioned here, alot of hardware was missing, also the front sway bar took about 9 months to get, most of the parts took forever to arrive, and came at all different times. The parts were pretty nice though.

8. slammed

slammed

They have had some difficulties lately. They will come through.

9. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

tattooedlew, send me a PM with your Phone # and I will give you a call. We had about 5 sets of motor mounts go out with out hardware the last go around. I thought we had everyone taken carre of. As for the instructions for the master cylinder, I can email you a coy of those or get a set in the mail to you.

10. cederholm

cederholm

My POSITIVE experience with JAMCO...

I order a frontend lowing kit and some rear block for my 53 Chevy online. After reviewing my order someone from Jamco called me to ask if I had modified rear springs because what I order wouldn't fit the stock ones - I ordered the wrong size blocks. Not sure who it was but they cared that I got the right part and took the time to correct MY mistake. Most other places would have filled my order and shipped!

Parts came pretty quick and fit as designed - car looks and drives great.

I'll deal with them again!
    ~ Carl

11. FyUoCuK239

FyUoCuK239

I bought the deluxe lowering kit for my 49 ford, over 2 months ago Im working from the back of the car forward so the ass end is up off the ground so far Ive received the coil springs, the sway bars with no instructions on mounting the rear I cant tell from the set up when holding it in place Im not even sure I got the right kit. I received the dual master no installation instructions I have no leaf springs no blocks which of course hoped would be here first because as I said the back of the car is apart. No spindles yet, I called about 5 times waited a few weeks for a response sent another e-mail and 2 more phone calls. Nothing I didnt wana come on here to complain but I am really very disappointing in the service, because they've come so highly recommended and Jim is revered for his parts, and that's very good but I have a car that needs to get done.

12. only thing I don't understand in this whole thread is people complaining about incomplete orders, missing instructions, no response to complaints or e-mails and yet guys saying they'll deal with them again. makes no sense to me as they're not the only game in town. Anything you can buy from JAMCO is also available from Fatman and others.

Back in the days before the Internet when mail order catalogs were KING I developed a way of testing companies. If I was considering a major item/items from anyone would search their catalog for a real cheap part that I could use and order it. Figured how a company treated a couple buck order would be pretty much the way they'd treat a bigger order. Now with boards like this one you can get an opinion on just about anyone in the business.

Not sure what the issues are at JAMCO these days, but there are enough headaches involved in any car build that personally I wouldn't want to be part of any companies turn-around. Hopefully it will all resolve itself.

A very astute businessman told me once," in good times even the worse managed companies can make money, its in bad times that the best survive and even flourish". Only time will tell where JAMCO fits in.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  13. chevydude#1

chevydude#1
    from louisiana

Seems like this topic has been talked about b4. It took me forever to get my parts. I got lowered uprights and shorter coil springs. They answered 2 out of about 20 phone calls and returned zero of the messages I left. He did reply to a PM here on the Hamb Though. I was still gonna give them another chance until I finally had to call the manufacturer of the uprights for some answers. I hope they can get get their stuff together, but from what I'm hearing It doesnt seem so. I moved on and won't be a repeat customer. Just my two cents worth.

14. Ordered some shocks for my 3" drop, took a bit longer than I hoped to get in but they arrived.

Talked to Jim on the phone, he was very helpful. I'll order for them again, just might take a bit longer than others.

15. 47convert

47convert
    from Arizona

I ordered lowering blocks 2 months ago from Jamco. I am one of the few on this post that will NEVER do business with this company again. BBB of California has them rated "D". Wish I had looked before they took my money. Filed a report with BBB, they will not even respond to that.

16. greedyown

greedyown

17. 5window

5window

Not in dispute. But you resurrected an old thread to offer an opinion with zero details and zero information. What's your complaint, what have you done to resolve it, and what's your point?