Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > The H.A.M.B. Marketplace > The H.A.M.B. O'Dex

Old 08-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
ChrisBlattie

Cool GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Let me introduce myself again (my original thread died in the HAMB crash of August 2011).....

My name is Chris and i'm a 15 year Master Glassman in Billings, MT. I have specialized in cutting, shipping and installing glass for hot rods since 2005 and take an extreme amount of pride in my glasswork. I have a nearly complete set of NAGS (National Auto Glass Specifications) patterns that go from the early 30's clear through the mid 60's.

I cut my glass by hand, starting with sheets of glass that are 6' x 10', then I seam and polish any exposed edges with my wet seamer, in various stages, ending with a cork belt which polishes the edges to a "jewelry" quality. I think my glass is beautiful, and i'm absolutely sure you will too!

Ordering from me is very easy! You can either send me a PM, an email, or just gimme a call or text me on my cell phone @ 1-406-690-6467. If I don't get to your call, please just leave me a message and a phone number to call you back on, I WILL get back to you asap! I use my phone a lot for answering PM's and emails and am usually very quick at responding.

I can do tempered safety glass too!! I have the great luxury of having a glass tempering facility close enough to my shop I could almost throw a rock and hit the place! I can usually get the order cut and back from the temperer within a few days so my turn around time is pretty quick!

Here's a quick lesson on glass types...
Laminated Glass- this is what all windshields are made out of, even nowadays, and up until the mid 60's, all the side glass on cars was laminated as well. Laminated glass is made up of 2 layers of thin glass with a layer of plastic like stuff in between the sheets. It's just a hair under 1/4" thick altogether and will get cracks, but usually keeps its structural integrity and stay in place.

Tempered Glass- regular ol' 1/4" plate glass that's been heat strengthened. The temperer takes the glass and gets it glowing red hot, then quenches it with cool air, making it very very strong! Its the type that when it does break, it busts into a million little tiny pieces. They used tempered glass for backglasses in cars back in the late 40's and that's why most of the old iron you see from the late 40's and the 50's and 60's still have the backglasses intact. It's strong glass!

I tend to prefer the tempered glass in the hot rods i build myself, because of that strength, you should never have to replace it again. I have had customers (and i've even done it myself) actually crack laminated pieces while trying to install them! Its easy to do on a real hot day.

Either way, you will not be disappointed in my work. I have GREEN, GRAY, BRONZE and CLEAR glass and my prices are the same for any color, any type. I keep it simple so I can focus on doing a good job rather than trying to keep track of 15 different pricing formulas!

Its all about the size of the piece and how much polishing I have to do to it, but at least you'll have some idea what it'll cost ya. Please get a hold of me if you are ready to order and i'll give you the total including the shipping. I'll also bet my prices are at or BELOW whatever your local glass guy would do it for, even with the shipping. I've been buying glass from my supplier for a long time and buy in bulk, so I know I should be competitive.

I WILL ALSO TRADE MY GLASSWORK!! (I collect all different kinds of things, i'm partial to GUITARS and musical stuff, for my outlaw country/southern rock band the Knotty Pines! but i'll look at anything as long as I don't hafta feed it) i'm also building hot rods in my spare time so can use lotsa different parts.

Lastly, I can do glass for your chop tops and customs too, I just need ya to send me some patterns. PM me if you want some pointers on how to go about making me some patterns, i'm glad to help!

I sincerely hope to earn your business and look forward to talking to ya about some GLASS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-12_08-36-42_677.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	1393341   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-03-28_08-41-00_785.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	1393342   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-04_16-33-01_507.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	1393343  

Name:	2011-06-29_06-58-28_76.jpg
Views:	1165
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	1393344   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-04_16-30-22_380.jpg
Views:	1103
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	1393345   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-02_14-15-43_549.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	1393346  

Name:	2011-08-04_13-14-01_131.jpg
Views:	1109
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	1393347  

Last edited by FLAT-TOP BOB; 09-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Second Amendment
Alliance Member

Default Re: GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Chris did my 29A sedan's glass.
Great service, excellent work, good price.
I highly recommend him.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Verbal Kint
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Repost -

Chris was nice enough to set aside a Friday afternoon a couple weeks ago to cut and install all new glass in my project truck. I couldn't be happier with the quality or the install - top notch.

Since pics are always good

Before

During

I forgot how clear new glass is.. tough to tell from this pic that the side glass is even there

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Von Rigg Fink
Old School HAMBer

I got all my glass from Chris for My 28 Tudor a project.
This guy and his glass is a class act. I would use him again in a heart beat. as soon as i get done messing with this A , I have a rear side glass in my 53 thats going to need to be done..Chris will get the call

Priced right, done right, great attitude.

Some guys could fuck up free lunch.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
gary garlock
Grenade Inspector

got my windshield about two weeks ago and its perfect. now i'm afraid to put it in and screww it up. chris did a great job and quick. i will definately use him again
Old 08-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
mow too much

We (ol geezer) and myself each bought a set of glass for our 35 Ford pickups from Chris, you worry about glass being shipped but the way these things where packed there was no way of them being damaged. Chris was great to deal with and actually appreciated our business what a concept in a world of companies that think their doing you a favor. I highly recommend Chris for your glass needs
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
101Scout
FNG

I bought a glass set for my '29 Model A sedan from Chris and have to say, he's a great guy to do business with. He's friendly and easy to deal with, answered all of my questions and I had my order within a week of ordering it. The shipper had evidently tossed the box out of the truck or something as one of the pieces had gotten damaged in shipping. Chris mailed out a new window right away so as not to hold my project up, at no further cost to me.

His glass work is fantastic as well. Very cleanly done, with very highly polished edges. Since then I have purchased a door glass for my '64 Studebaker from Chris that was made to the same high standards. And he had the pattern on hand! I'll definitely be using Chris in the future when I'm ready to do my '36 Chevy coupe.

Dave
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
inline 292
Grenade Inspector

I just opened up the box of grey tint side glass for my '55 BelAir that Chris made up. Super quality & he's a really nice guy to deal with. If I should ever need auto glass again, I'll be calling for you, Chris.
Doug
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Fordor Ron

Got the glass cut for my 32 Fordor sedan from Chris. Turned out great and even though we had a problem he made it right at his expense.

Great guy and great communication. Will do business again...

-Ron Eldridge

Austin TX.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #10
Budolson
FNG

Chris did the glass for 1930 2 door model A. He did he so quickly I was really impressed! That was just the beginning. He actually delivered the glass to my daughter as he was going through the city where she lives. Her address is not the easiest to find, he found it and personally delivered the glass to her!!! Now that is service! Did a great job on the glass, unbelieveable cusomer service! Saved me shipping costs at no cost to me. I typically don't give a testimony like this one to anyone, but this guy deserves it! I will be buying any and all glass needs for my vehicles from him in the future. I am truly amazed!

Bud
Old 10-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
Fireant
Grenade Inspector

Chris cut the glass for my truck. He was awesome to work with and did excellent work. I wouldn't use any body else.

Ant
Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
wouterftw

This guy's good!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
ChrisBlattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouterftw View Post
This guy's good!

THANKS for posting your pic!!! I'm truly honored to have some of my work included in such a sweet lookin' Ford!! You did a great job on that car Wouter!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
bondolero
Alliance Member

This guy does some of the best work I have seen. Even in larger metro areas, its getting harder and harder to get big glass shops to mess with us old car guys. Great price, high quality, and knows how to properly ship glass.

thanks
Larry
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
POLYFRIED 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
This guy does some of the best work I have seen. Even in larger metro areas, its getting harder and harder to get big glass shops to mess with us old car guys. Great price, high quality, and knows how to properly ship glass.

thanks
Larry

I agree Larry .... awesome work and a great price!

Thanks Chris!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Bluedot
Grenade Inspector

I only happened onto this thread today, and was impressed with all the testimonials. Decided to email Chris to ask about glass for my chopped A coupe project. He replied within a couple of hours with a quote, a little more explanation about laminated vs tempered glass, and a great tutorial on how to make patterns. This man knows the meaning of customer service. He will get my business in a couple of months when the coupe is ready. Gotta lotta work to do before then...
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
hbrown

add me to the happy list!!!!

and my 40 is in the garage with a big smile on her grill.

just got my glass today and all i can say is WOW!!!

the packing should of cost more than the glass did. wrapped in padded shrink wrap, shrinked together with rubber padding and styrofoam pellets and all put in a bad ass wooden crate with a convienent carry handle. made it from the top of the world all the way down to texas in mint condition.

the glass is beautifull. the tint on the side glass and rear is perfect. the best is the polished edges. mirror smooth, unbelievable craftsmanship for a very affordable price that us poor people can afford!!!

will be ordering all the glass for my dads 37 studebaker dictator from Chris soon!!!

thanks again Chris for sharing you craftmanship with us.

howard
Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
26Tudor

Location: Northern California, where the Redwoods meet the sea

Gent's, this guy will go the extra 1,000,000 miles, and his glass looks like friggin' jewelry!!
He ships the glass right away, packed to withstand a nuclear holocaust, and did I mention his glass looks like jewelry?

Chis is da MAN.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
ChrisBlattie

I WANNA GET FAMOUS FOR THIS SHIT GUYS!

I wanna be your 'go-to' guy, every last one of ya! I got a brother hamber bringin me his truck cab clear down from british columbia in a few weeks to have me chop a new windshield & backglass for him & install it!

I do work for the best of the best!!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
roadster36
Grenade Inspector

I bought a set of glass for my '36 3-window coupe. It just arrived in perfect condition. I could not be more happy with his work.It arrived when he said it would, packed in a secure wood crate, at the price he quoted.I call on him again soon for my '34 3-window coupe. Well done, Chris, thank You - Dennis
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
vintageauto
Alliance Member

I ordered glass for the 40 Coupe....its on the way. Chris has been very helpful....he knows his business.

Murph
Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
cryobug
Grenade Inspector

Best glass work I have ever had done. The finish work is unbelievable
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
kustoms36
Alliance Member

received my 36 windshield in a bullet proof package,nice work very good communications top on my list!!!thanks chris
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #24
Junkbike
Grenade Inspector

Use this guy! he is a pro. Full set of glass in my 51 Chevy pickup turned out great. think I will make a work bench out of the shipping crate he made.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #25
daddy_o's_diner
Alliance Member

Chris did the side and back glass for my '34 5-window. Nice stuff. Fit well and the finish on the edges was great. As mentioned above, the packaging is first-rate also.

I'll be getting the glass for my sedan from Chris when that project gets further along.

Bonneville inspired '32 ford 5-Window

Build thread
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=727871
Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
blakcat2
FNG

Received my glass from Chris today, excellent service, excellent packaging and excellent product and price. Will use again and again. Thanks Chris
Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
pspiak
Alliance Member

received my glass for my model a pickup-Chris is the man anyone needing glass give him a try you wont be disappointed-Phil-troy ny---he knows how to ship glass!!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #28
enfieldjoe

Just received windshield glass for my 50 Merc Coupe. Bulletproof packaging and outstanding service!

Well Done Chris! You have my repeat business.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #29
johnc451
Alliance Member

I am installing the glass set I got from Chris for my 40 Ford. PERFECT!!!! As a kid in college in the 60's I had the good fortune to work in the glass business and learned from old world trained German and Italian craftsman. When I opened the incredible box Chris sent the glass in and looked at his work, I knew immediately this guy is the real deal. A good man to work with and glass edges polished to perfection--the kind of craftsman you always hope to find. John
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #30
krusin
FNG

Chris cut all the glass for my 36 four door sedan tinted and tempered,clear laminated windshield, it looks great super nice on the edges.can't wait to install it, GREAT JOB-FAST SERVICE Thanks again Chris
Skip KRUSIN
Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #31
rld14

Just ordered glass for my Lincoln... Chris said he could make it today and ship it tomorrow! I'm stoked
Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #32
rld14

Got the glass on Friday, and I thought I posted a review but realized I didn't tap "post" properly, My bad!

First, the shipping was FAST, communication was AMAZING and Chris is a super cool guy.

Now, the only way that Chris could package this any better is if he had it hand carried by Marines on Air Force One. It came in a super sturdy wooden box, and packaged perfectly.

Oh yeah, the glass? It's GORGEOUS. The color is spot on, it's beautifully finished and looks great. Unfortunately the stupid Lincoln got sidelined, so I didn't get to install it last weekend Saturday is a Holiday for me but I'll shoot for Sunday. I can't wait to get it in, it's just THAT nice.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #33
k5hart
Alliance Member

Chris cut all my glass for my '39 Ford Sedan. Beautiful work! Fast turn around and shipping. The packaging (crating) is amazing. I recommend him for any of your glass needs.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
chemong55
FNG

Just recieved glass for my 30 Chev Coach and all I can say is Awesome.Color finish,shipping,packaging and service all excellent.If you need any glass work done Chris would be my only choice it is that good.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #35
RAR1947
FNG

Got my windshield and all door glass from Chris and am very satisfied. Easy to work with, packaging was great, quick turn around and the edge work on the glass is fantastic! Highly recommended.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #36
Dan

just picked up the glass for my second car that Chris has done and its perfect...cannot stress enough the incredible quality and service...
If you need glass this is the only place to go-
Old 06-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #37
big vic

just got my new glass for my model a and it was beutifull!!! very nice job cutting and polishing and the shipping crate would have made it through an explosion thanks a bunch
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #38
Tatorboy
Grenade Inspector

Nice work! Fast service!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #39
hatesuserid
FNG

Hi all, Chris supplied my glass for my 36 Ford. Good price, great quality, and great service. Thanks Chris, on my next car, I will call you again for the glass! Steve, Clovis, Ca.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #40
ebtm3
Alliance Member

Chris cut some glass for my Willys station wagon to replace the two piece side windows with one solid, non opening piece. Every thing that guys have said in previous posts is spot on. I think that the glass could be dropped from a low flying airplane, the way he packs it! Quick turn around--and the best part of all is the price.

The stock arrangement is one fixed, and one sliding window. Guaranteed to leak, and rot out the under-window area. This is why I wanted to go with a single piece on each side If I had bought the glass from any of the Jeep sources, it would have cost more than 3 times as much - PLUS shipping - than Chris's price including shipping--and I know that there is no way the packing would have been as good. What more is there to say? Customer and quality oriented and a great price, instead of the "who needs you" attitude all too common in today's business world.

I had some concerns about putting some of the glass that the car came with back in, without breaking it--particularly the windshield.
Now, I dont give a crap if it does break, and I have to buy new from Chris. It's that much of a pleasure to do business with him!

Herb Kephart
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #41
ChrisBlattie

I wanted to let you all know that I am now doing window parts restoration! I have been having some guys send me their window frames and channels and misc window parts, and I've been restoring them, mounting the glass, and sending them back ready to install!! It's been working well and I've been told I do good work, so I'm adding it to this thread and will start gettin' some feedback on here! I'll try to remember to do before & after pictures on each one & post them!

I can polish the chrome, repaint, install the glass onto the channels, get new rubber seals, gaskets, the whole 9 yards. PM me for a quote and more information!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-05-18 09.54.46.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	1683024   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.56.37.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	1683025   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.57.13.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	1683026  

Name:	2012-05-18 09.58.27.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	1683027   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.54.56.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	1683028   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-28 16.07.25.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1683029  

Chris Blattie
Montana Glass & Shower Door
139 Moore Lane
Billings, MT 59101

CBlattie@aol.com

1(406)690-6467 (cell#)
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #42
18n57

Just got the new glass for my '34 from Chris and he did a great job!! Packing crate looks like it could withstand an earthquake!! I will recommend his services to everyone looking for new glass...
Thanks, Chris
Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #43
KJSR

Thanks for the glass and the outstanding service. You will get my buisness for future glass.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #44
Halki
FNG

Hey y'all!

I just got my full set of glass (9 pieces) including some restoration on the vent frames and door/quarter glass mounted on the original rails. (pic #6 up there is my glass)

From the get go working with Chris has been fantastic, he enthusiastically answered all of my questions and really helped me make the right glass choice. I had been getting quotes from a lot of places, but the customer service I was getting, and the reviews here put him over the top.

Chris even helped with tips to get the rails off of my existing heavily cracked and de-laminated glass. I sent him the rails and vent windows still in their frames for him to work his magic. The vent frames look amazing. The door and quarter windows are mounted and he cleaned them up as well even though you wont be able to see them.

Everything arrived in wooden boxes with handles! The packaging, as has already been reported was outstanding. The thing that really struck me when I finally got the windows free of their cocoon was how perfect the edges look. Smooth, rounded, just incredible. The only down side, is my camera is crap and I cant capture how awesome this glass is.

I can say without a doubt Ill be getting any other glass work done by Chris, I cant say enough good things about the whole experience.

Extra bonus! Here are a couple of pics of what the vent frames looked like before and after.
Before

Also Before

After

Also After

Last edited by Halki; 07-17-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Pics didnt attach properly.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #45
Terraizer
Grenade Inspector

I ordered 2 sets of glass from Chris for my 1941 International and 1955 International a few weeks ago and got them this week and they are prefect, the price is awsome, i got both sets shipped for less then one set from another glass vendor, packaging was bomb proof, polished edges are really nice, will be ordering more from Chris once i get going on a few other projects. Thanks agian Chris
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #46
Givens

I just opened my 1941 Dodge pickup glass. This stuff is awesome! Bomb proof package and great price. Customer service was above and beyond any I have ever had. Would not go anywhere else for glass.
Thanks Chris!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #47
kgp50

Got my glass for 40/41 Ford PU today. Big-time DITTO on the quality of product and service from Chris! I'll be back too. And ... you've got to see the crating to believe it-- too good to throw away. I'm thinking of re-purposing it as a suitcase!!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #48
562roadster

Chris did an awesome job on the glass for my '29 coupe. Great quality and the packaging is bulletproof! Thank You!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #49
66galwag

Another big thumbs up for Chris! Got the 2 windshield halfs for my '48 Plymouth Coupe the other day and they look great and were superbly packaged. Will definitely go back when I need glass again.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #50
The Rabid Whippet

I got my back roll down glass for my 1936 Ford Coupe. As was said, the packing was great, the glass is tempered and has polished edges. This glass made the previous owners ebay purchase look like he bought it from a child that did it. Chis is also awesome to deal with!! I'm tempted to smash my new glass from him just to do business with him again and get a spare crate. Chris, keep your prices fair and you will be the go to guy!!!!
online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #51
Big A
Alliance Member

Quote:
I think my glass is beautiful, and i'm absolutely sure you will too!
I just got the glass for my shoebox and it looks amazing. As everyone else has said A) the packing job is fantastic. B) the glass looks freakin' perfect. C) Chris is a good guy to deal with. Walked me through making my templates, answered my newbie questions etc.

All this, shipped in a fancy crate, for less than any local guys I could find quoted. I'll be ordering from Chris again.

Now I just need to get the car to a stage where I can actually install the glass!

My shoebox build... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626123
Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #52
wayfarer
Alliance Member

Chris made some new vent windows for my '53 chevy wagon. He even threw in some glass setting tape so I could install them. Great guy to deal with!

Looking for inside visors for '50 Chevy hardtop
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
vert1940
Grenade Inspector

just got our glass for the 30 coupe...don't know what to add that has already been said...awesome work...edges polished...bomb proof packaging..even had a handle on it so the fed-ex guy could carry it easily...chris called with the tracking info,and had a nice conversation with him..all around great guy
Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #54
Big A
Alliance Member

This is the second time I'm attempting to leave positive feedback for Chris. First time I got a message saying "Your message will be posted once the moderators approve it" or something like that. It never appeared. It was all good, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have passed muster. Anyway...

Chris just cut the glass for my shoebox project. I haven't got the glass in the car yet, but it looks great and is spot-on my templates, so I don't anticipate any problems. Chris has been good to deal with, answered a lot of my dumb questions and stayed right on top of the job. Very much appreciated. I'll post pics once the glass is on the car. Thanks Chris!

Now hopefully this message with make it past the gate keepers.

My shoebox build... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626123
Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #55
mccsix
FNG

Chris is absolutely the best to work with. His effort to give you the bets product for the best price puts him way above any others in the glass business.
My Model A truck is looking better.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Model A arriving 005 (Small).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1760993  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #56
cryobug
Grenade Inspector

My upholstery man broke one of my door glass for me and after seeing the quality of Chrisís work I didnít even bother looking anywhere else. BEST GLASS WORK YOU WILL EVER SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #57
hotrodgypsy
Grenade Inspector

WOW...IS ALL I CAN SAY !!!!!just recently received my bomb proof package from chris...upon opening the package i was speechless......well packaged glass,perfectly polished edges...quality craftsmanship and goods...quick turn around time,good price..chris is the hotrodders ....rodder.....he is a artisan..i dealt with a lot of local glass shops,but the quality wasnt the same...wish id live near chris,he'd have ALL my work....we'll be installing the windshield and back glass tuesday night..ill probably call chris(MY COACH)for some coaching and reassuring words...chris welcomes calls for guidance....he's a good guy...thankx,chris,glad i e-mailed you..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #58
Dan

Just getting ready to install my third set of glass that I have had Chris cut - as usual the work is top notch!
Wouldn't even consider having anyone else do the job, the product and service is outstanding!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
Junkbike
Grenade Inspector

Repeat customer, same as first time, great glass, and service
Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #60
kodiak621
Alliance Member

My first time ordering from Chris. Ordered a complete set for my 53' Studebaker 2R5, great customer service, price, and delivery. Will order again when the next project is ready.
Thanks!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #61
The Rabid Whippet

I am also a repeat customer. Super nice guy and is supperb at packing, shipping, cutting glass!! He will always be my go to guy for glass and I will highly recommend him.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #62
Chooglin
FNG

Just picked up the glass for my 54 Chevy 3600 from Chris a few days ago and couldnt be happier!

This guy does amazing work and like has been said, gives it an incredible jewelry level polish. Chris was super easy to work with, quick to return calls, and was completely flexible and helpful with what i wanted.

I highly recommend him.

Chooglin
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #63
Greg in Jax
Alliance Member

Everything positive that everyone above said is more than true. Chris cut a windshield for my '38 Bantam roadster without a pattern, just my tracing of the inside of the windshield frame. Perfect fit, incredible shipping carton and packing, great communication and really quick completion and shipping. I will definitely be back for glass for my other projects. Can't say enough positive things about him and his service. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #64
41fastback
Grenade Inspector

Another satisfied customer here. Just received glass for my chopped '31 A coupe. Took advantage of Chris's Fire Sale and glad I did. Top notch work and service at a great price. Order the glass and it arrives packed liked nothing you ever received. No running around to glass places. What else can you ask for? I recommend him for your glass needs.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #65
melsfine39
Grenade Inspector

Never met or talked to Chris Before this but, I took a chance because of the post on here and I can say, I've NEVER been HAPPIER with money spent!! Took about 15 days total from first contact to showing up at my door. All excellent pieces,well packaged, and a GREAT deal!!!!!!! Thanks Chris !!! I WILL BE IN TOUCH !!!!
Mel

Last edited by melsfine39; 11-23-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #66
hotrodgypsy
Grenade Inspector

Chris is a good guy and a top notch glass craftsman....good to talk you through your installation process...he's your hot rod glass source..period !
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #67
alwaystiredlong

Chris did a Great job on my glass order. I will definitely use him again. A joy to do business with! Thanks Chris,
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #68
castironkev
FNG

Well, I'm in the UK.
Took a trip to California on a car buying mission.
Contacted Chris and ordered glass for a 61 Desoto and glass for a 60 Continental.
He cut the glass and shipped it to my buddy in Cali who then shipped them to me in the back of a pickup we shipped to England.
The glass fitted perfectly. I will never go anywhere else for glass now I know Chris!!
The wooden packaging was exquisite too!! I have waxed it up and use it as a piece of furniture!! ( not really........... but you could!!!)
Thanks Chris,
Kevin. ( castironkev)
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #69
papa's 39 koop
Grenade Inspector

found Chris on ebay He did a great job on the glass for my 39. Another satisfied customer here.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #70
sine-bar
FNG

Just received the glass for my 41 Plymouth truck. It looks great, was packed great and got it in a little over a week.

Brent in Iowa
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #71
ChrisBlattie

Hey if any of you fellas are on Facebook, send me a friend request! I'd love to keep in touch with more of my customers and keep an eye on these hot rods you're building! Find me under Chris Blattie on there.

And i also just would like to THANK you all again for your support, and THANKS to the HAMB for making it possible for me to mostly do this glasswork for a living!! Someday i'd love to find a business partner who can help me REALLY grow this business! Its hard work to make these pieces of glass and while i'm only 35, my body is already telling me that i won't be able to do this forever!

Also, don't hesitate to PM me with any technical questions....i've installed most everything and can remember the jobs pretty well, so if i can help, i sure will!

Chris Blattie
139 Moore Lane
Billings, MT 59101

CBlattie@aol.com

1(406)690-6467 (cell#)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #72
Greg in Jax
Alliance Member

Another great windshield from Chris. As before, terrific quality, amazing shipping and the best customer service going. Thanks, and I will be back again. Greg in Jax
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #73
BigAl1961
Grenade Inspector

Just got my glass for my 37 Chevy Coupe, VERY pleased. Would recommend highly to anyone needing glass!!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #74
big vic

One more time chris shows great cuctomer relations and came through with a top guality product I needed a window pretty fast and chris came through thanks again chris
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #75
ChrisBlattie

Credit cards now accepted!!!!

Chris Blattie
139 Moore Lane
Billings, MT 59101

CBlattie@aol.com

1(406)690-6467 (cell#)
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #76
Bluedot
Grenade Inspector

Received all my '30 A Coupe glass from Chris today, and golly, I dunno what I can say here that hasn't already been said dozens of times. Let's try this.
In a past employment, I was taught the Crosby Quality process. In that, they teach that quality is not goodness; rather it is meeting clearly defined requirements. Usually the customer defines the requirements, and the vendor is to meet them. But when it comes to windshields and windows, most of us don't know our glass from a hole in the ground. (Sorry 'bout that! )
Part of the Chris Blattie difference is that he'll help you up front in defining those requirements. He spent time teaching me how to make patterns and templates (the car is chopped), and about when to use safety and when to use tempered. When I sent my templates and payment, he stayed in touch, did what he said he'd do, and shipped when he said he would. Simple enough I guess, but those actions are all too rare any more. It's called customer service.
No point in showing you pics of the glass which came thru in perfect condition, but below's a pic of how he shipped it (FedEx BTW). He takes more pride in his packing than some folks do in their actual product.
So - great product, superb packaging, close communications, fair pricing, and a nice guy to boot. Others have said it, but worth repeating: no point in going anywhere else. Don't let shipping cost scare you to use a local source - he includes shipping in his quotes.
THANKS, CHRIS!!
Here's t he wooden "suitcase" he made for shipping - note the handle, which encourages the FedEx folks to keep it upright. Details.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02103.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1899666  
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #77
boutlaw
Alliance Member

Very happy camper here! Got my glass today for my 52 F1, packaged in this incredably stout box. Very pleased with Chris's customer service and well made and packaged product, and even more important I saved more than $70 from what the glass would have cost locally and that includes the shipping from Montana. What a deal. Great guy, great service.

Brad Outlaw
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #78
Sir X Loin
Grenade Inspector

Chris hooked it up! Awesome glass for my 51 Chevy. Packed like a pro. I wish I had the cash to do my whole car! I will be back in touch for the rest! A+ dude!!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #79
1937 Fordor
Grenade Inspector

I would like to thank Chris Blattie.

I finally got my windshield back together--it took three tries. I had to go with thinner glass setting tape. I thought I measured it right but it turned out that I needed 3/64ths instead of 1/16th setting tape. I cut pie cuts around the bends.

I would like to thank Chris Blattie for his advice. I looked up Chris Blattie on H.A.M.B.; I read all of his threads and posts on glass and messaged him. He got back to me right away. He was very encouraging. He congratulated me on not breaking the glass on the two previous unsuccessful attempts. Chris offered up some advice and was a tremendous help. It turned out great. I will put in the windshield seal and re-install the windshield on the car this week. Although I was not one of Chris's customers, he was ready to help me with my glass install. Thanks Chris.

TonyMireles
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF6980.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	521.3 KB
ID:	1934514   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7249.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	1934515   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7244.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	504.6 KB
ID:	1934516  

Name:	DSCF7245.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	1934519   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7247.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	515.0 KB
ID:	1934520   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7253.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	504.2 KB
ID:	1934521  

Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #80
rustrodder
Alliance Member

I got glass for my '31 Model A from Chris-great job! Awesome service and great product at a decent price. Plus he shipped it in a nice wooden box so it would survive the trip. I will be ordering again on the next project! alex
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #81
Gottkts
FNG

Blattie is the man, just got my windshield today and like others have mentioned it was packed tight in a wooden suitcase lol. Great turnaround and awesome communication.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #82
danamy99
FNG

Thumbs up Re: GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Just put in my glass for my 60 Galaxie I got from Chris. Looks a lot better than I ever could have imagined. He was the easiest guy to work with. He knows what he is doing and gives you what you want and exceeds your expectations. Got the glass to me quick with no problems what so ever. Don't go with anyone else for the old rides. Thanks Chris for the great job.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #83
The Rabid Whippet

He also will give you tempered and polished edges for close to the same price. I will always use him. And he is easy to deal with and packages the glass in a great wooden box.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #84
geoz3
FNG

Ordered my glass from Chris 5 weeks ago, payment made 8/8/13, still no glass, no call backs, WOW..if he's that good, I'm glad I'm not using a bad vendor....
Old 09-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #85
ChrisBlattie

Just to clarify on George Covelli's post up there, he ordered a custom KIT for his 37 chevy pickup where he removed the windshield frame and wants to glue in the glass right to the body. I have his number saved in my cell phone and I've talked to him about 3 times on the phone and he always seemed pleasant. I also told him from the beginning that this wasnt normally how i do it but i'd do as he requested and make the kit, including painting a black band around the edge of the glass and supplying the rubber moulding to cover the edge of the glass. His glass was shipped last week and i did as i almost always do and called him to give him the tracking number. He still seemed happy then too, so i'm not sure why he posted this today! The only time i didnt call him immediately back was when i went on a fishing trip and didnt have my phone for a few days.

i've learned that you can't make everybody happy all of the time, but i still do my best to try!

Chris Blattie
139 Moore Lane
Billings, MT 59101

CBlattie@aol.com

1(406)690-6467 (cell#)
Old 09-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #86
geoz3
FNG

Chris is correct, I posted after leaving 2 messages last week, with no call backs from Chris. I called a thrid time and he answered, gave me a update and call backed with the it's shipped info.

Chris has been super to work with, and I will order more glass from him.

I made the post thinking I had been ripped off. As you can see, I have not, as I stated, I will buy more glass from Chris, I'll just budget a couple more weeks for delivery...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlattie View Post
Just to clarify on George Covelli's post up there, he ordered a custom KIT for his 37 chevy pickup where he removed the windshield frame and wants to glue in the glass right to the body. I have his number saved in my cell phone and I've talked to him about 3 times on the phone and he always seemed pleasant. I also told him from the beginning that this wasnt normally how i do it but i'd do as he requested and make the kit, including painting a black band around the edge of the glass and supplying the rubber moulding to cover the edge of the glass. His glass was shipped last week and i did as i almost always do and called him to give him the tracking number. He still seemed happy then too, so i'm not sure why he posted this today! The only time i didnt call him immediately back was when i went on a fishing trip and didnt have my phone for a few days.

i've learned that you can't make everybody happy all of the time, but i still do my best to try!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #87
BigChief

Another satified customer!!! Chris was excellent to work with and the glass showed up when he said it would, unscathed in that awesome box. Excellent product! Excellent Service!

-Bigchief
Old 10-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #88
Gasser1
Alliance Member

The man does great work

First set of glass was for my 53 ford and this set was for a 58 Edsel 2dr ht sent the old glass with frames this time ( I hat putting glass in the frames the traces are bad enough) both sets tinted tempered glass THE ONLY WAY TO GO laminated bubbles between the sheet of glass after years of Texas heat

Tinted glass will never need retinting it cant bubble the tint is in the glass

Cost is about the same around here, but there is a lot more attention to detail then the local glass shops give

And do not worry about getting broken glass he know how to pack it

THANKS again
Dan Dagel "AKA gasser1"

DBA DAGEL'S REPAIR
5025 Sherwood Dr.
River Oaks Texas 76114
Your low cost rod shop
we only build driver no trailer Queens here
Old 10-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #89
Thaplumbr
Alliance Member

Chris did me an awesome job on the glass for my truck,I could not believe the quality,and am truly happy!!!,I will be ordering again in the future for another truck me and my dad are building. Great quality,excellent packaging,a real pleasure to deal with!!
Leroy in Arkansas
Old 10-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #90
BigChief

I still get a kick out of my 80lb glass filled suitcase! LOL!!!

Gotta love it!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #91
herbh
FNG

Just had Chris cut the windshield for my chopped 65 Chev. panel truck. wish I had heard of him two years ago. I was on my third one. another VERY happy customer. great job. Herb
Old 11-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #92
Greg in Jax
Alliance Member

Another terrific set of glass from Chris, same excellent quality and very quick sefvice as the other two. This was a pair of '32 Austin Bantam Roadster windshield pieces that he cut from a tracing of the frame. Highly recommend his work, and his price including shipping was half the price of having it done locally in Jacksonville, Florida.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #93
ChrisBlattie

Thought I'd put some pics of the sweet panel I chopped the windshield down on for Herb down in Sheridan. Yes you sure can cut curved glass! I did this whole job in less than 3 hours & it fit awesome.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_276100598601734.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2079216   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_276105682247826.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2079217  

Chris Blattie
139 Moore Lane
Billings, MT 59101

CBlattie@aol.com

1(406)690-6467 (cell#)
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #94
birdman1
Grenade Inspector

Smile Re: GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

I got a set of glass for my 1939 fORD COUPE, BRONZE TINT, IS EXCELLENT!! HIGHLY WRECK-O-MENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #95
56don
Old School HAMBer

I just got my set of glass for my 34 truck from Chris. Like the others said, you won't have to worry about breakage in shipping because he really know how to package the glass! I have yet to install it, but it looks good with a nice tint like I wanted.

Thanks, Chris, I will definitely make you my go to man on glass from now on!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #96
kraz13

man this glass is perfect. fitted rite too. best service ever and thank you chris !
Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #97
mightymike
FNG

14 January,2014
Hi everyone I would like to say Chris is an outstanding glassman. He has
made a perfect set of glass for my daughters 5 window coupe. From the
time I called him to the time I received the order was only two weeks.
I have talked to folks who do this special work in my state and as
soon as I said old car the price went to the moon. All were not confident
about shipping. Chris performed his skill as a total professional and went
the extra mile to insure the glass was protected long after it left his shop.
I would refer Chris to all I come in contact with and will be contacting him
soon for my 57 Chevy's needs. Mike
Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #98
2345.coupe
Alliance Member

the "glass man".....C. Blattie......great price,great fit, great communication, great shipping container.......
next time I need glass I'm calling C.Blattie, aka... the "Glass Man"

Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #99
Dog_Patch
Alliance Member

Got the glass for my 46 Sedan Delivery. Fit and finish are excellent! Finally have something to hold the heat in. Thanks Chris!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #100
Fordgasser1

I needed a door glass for my 34 Ford 5 window and was about to order from an old ford parts supplier when I saw this thread..Chris gave me a great price with shipping and was able to deliver it quickly..Just installed the glass today and it came out great..Highly recommend him and will get Chris to make the glass in my chopped '33 coupe when shes done..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GG-Cu...688460?fref=ts
Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #101
Bulletnose26

So, I cut a luan template to fit my windshield post. Not knowing jack about glass, I relied on HAMB member recommendations, and sent Chris a PM. He asked me to trace a full size paper template from my luan, and send it to him.
A few quick text messages, a quick payment, and bam, I got my glass. No hassles what so ever. Packaging was bulletproof!
A true pleasure. He answered every text I sent him, in a very timely manor.
Thanks Chris!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	2172465  
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #102
Bulletnose26

Sent a PM to Chris about my windshield. Text messages made communication very quick and easy. Great price, great crate and great glass.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	2174410  
Old 04-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #103
Deadelvis2000
Grenade Inspector

I cant say enough....an amazing job. Chris was exact on the cut from my pattern and gave me a nicely polised top edge. Check out the shipping crate. I might add...a pleasure to deal with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	2176748   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	2176749