Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > The H.A.M.B. Marketplace > Classifieds > Parts For Sale

Old 07-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
sledillac
FNG

Default 1957 Chevy Powerglide transmission

CAST IRON POWERGLIDE TRANSMISSION thru (1955, 1956, & 1957)
  • THIS TRANSMISSION FITS CHEVROLET MODELS 1955 THROUGH 1957.
  • IT MAY FIT OTHER YEARS THAT ARE NOT LISTED.
  • TRANSMISSION IN PICTURE IS FOR A 8CYL.
I ALSO HAVE THE BELL HOUSING ADAPTER, FLYWHEEL, DUST COVER PLATE, AND TORQUE CONVERTER FOR THE MATCHING UNIT...included ! !
I am selling a complete cast iron Power Glide transmission set-up that was just removed from 1957 Chevy Bel Air driver, in (June) With only 900-1000 miles. The paper reciept is correct and true. I know the date seems like it has been a long time. 11/09/01 His car was rarely driven. It came out of my friends 1957 Bel Air. He is a true gentleman., I stand behind this unit. (As I would not want any negative feedback)
This is complete and ready to be installed except for mounting brackets, mounting bolts, and linkage up to the carb and neutral safety start switch.

I also have the reciept:
Shop that rebuilt it is:

THE TRANSMISSION SHOP
2695 S. DECATUR BLVD., SUITE 250
LAS VEGAS, NV 89102
PH.(702) 365-6411
FAX (702) 365-1926

The trans was rebuilt on DATE: 11/09/01 - TOTAL $799.67
And had been driven in a pampered Black 1957 bel air hardtop a real sunday cruiser...Always garaged in Guarded and gated community. Was pulled out and replaced with a 700 R-4 for the lower rpm's.

NOTE: There is no neutral safety start switch and the engine will start with the trans in gear.

I estimate this unit weighs 200-275 lbs. I am able to ship to ConUS addresses (48 states). For foreign countries, I will ship to a US based international shipper of your choice for them to handle the international shipping portion which will be at your expense.

I am located in Las Vegas, NV and will be willing to meet the buyer along the Interstates for the price of gas. This may save shipping and crating costs.

PLEASE NOTE: I have lowered the Amount for this listing.
This package includes the correct stall converter, trans linkage, and shift quadrent.

Amount is very reasonable for this unit. I am not looking to make a fortune on this item at the buyers expense.

Casing by dipstick: GM 3709098
Rt rear : 3709050 GM 13x
Tail shaft housing: GM 3T0S24 1 OR GM 3T0824 1 ? ?

Casting # for date and year: B157 (Bottom) of trans.
B257 (Bottom) of Bellhousing

Valve body cover: 148 GM22 3718251

Dip stick cover: GM 3709098

I am not at expert by any means but have tried to report this unit based on what others have told me. This is a working transmission that was professionally rebuilt by a professional transmission shop. It is being sold as described, as is, where is.

I can send any other pictures you may be interested in.
So please ask what charges will be and how to handle item to your location. Total payment will be made through Pay-pal and is due within 3 days of close of auction.
Ask any questions now to avoid problems and returns.

NOT COVERED FOR RETURN: Normal Wear And Tear Removal And Installation Labor Damage To Other Components Shipping, Down Time And Fluid Costs Failure Due To Improper Installation Or Maintenance
ADDITIONAL INFO:
: A properly rebuilt automotive part.

Transmission has less than 1000 mi.

*PRODUCT WILL BE SOLD AS IS WITH NO WARRANTY*
THERE IS NO! $400 CORE CHARGE
**CONTACT ME BEFORE PURCHASE TO RECIEVE SHIPPING CHARGES.**
AS I HAVE A FLATBED TRUCK WITH LIFTGATE AND MAYBE ABLE TO DELIVER TO RESIDENCE.
Please be sure to read the description carefully and review the pictures. I will be happy to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability. Every effort has been made to describe the listed items correctly, including any and all defects. If there are experts out there, your input or comments are always appreciated.
THANK YOU
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
sledillac
FNG

Default Re: 1957 Chevy Powerglide transmission

btt
offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)