Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > The H.A.M.B. Marketplace > Classifieds > Parts For Sale

Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
ClutchDumpinDan
Alliance Member

Default Shoebox Ford T5 Conversion Throwout Bearings!

Location: Fredericksburg, VA.   Price: 150 w/ Free Shipping   
In March of 2011 I swapped a T5 into my '50 Ford. After much research I located all the necessary parts for the conversion except for a way to re-use my stock clutch fork and throwout bearing. No one made a part to do so. After a little tinkering I came up with my own hub that allows use of the stock clutch fork, stock throwout bearing and stock pressure plate. Due to the interest I recieved after telling folks about it I've decided to produce them. They fit GM T5 transmissions.

The hubs are machined on a CNC lathe and the top portion is laser cut. They are then TIG welded together. A new original style spring is riveted on and a new original replacement bearing is pressed on. These are 100% assembled and ready to intsall.

Here's a link to my '50 Ford build thread to see the entire conversion process ---> http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=568131

The conversion hub with new bearing and spring is $150 and that includes FREE Shipping in the 48 states.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or call me at 540-850-0115

Here's a PM I recently recieved from Hamb member cliffordean that purchased one of my bearings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifforddean
Hey C.D.D. my name is Cliff I bought a bearing from you back in march or april, just wanted to tell you it's been working great no problems. I just got back last weekend from Hot Rod power tour drove from Michigan to Texas and back again went great. T5 swap best thing I did for drivability. Thanks again Cliff.

In stock and ready to ship!

Last edited by ClutchDumpinDan; 07-09-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelling & New Pics
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
JDiGio1960

Default Re: Shoebox Ford T5 Conversion Throwout Bearings!

rad! may i ask what engine you bolted the t5 to? im trying to bolt one up to my 302 sbf. any tips or pointers? maybe parts help? thanks
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
ClutchDumpinDan
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiGio1960 View Post
rad! may i ask what engine you bolted the t5 to? im trying to bolt one up to my 302 sbf. any tips or pointers? maybe parts help? thanks

It's for a flathead in a '49-'51 Ford car with the stock bellhousing. There's a link in the description that shows the conversion process and parts used.

I haven't put a T5 behind a 302 so I can't be of any help there. When you get it figured out, post it up on the main board for the next guy that has the same questions.

-Dan
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
ClutchDumpinDan
Alliance Member

Bump
Old 01-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
ClutchDumpinDan
Alliance Member

Bump
Old 02-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
ClutchDumpinDan
Alliance Member

Bump