Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 GoodGuys Columbus Meet & Greet Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 28, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The Columbus GG event is just around the corner, July 8-10th so I thought I'd throw a Meet & Greet thread up.

How about the same place, same time, rain or shine, on Saturday for the Meet & Greet? That would be 12 noon on Saturday the 9th, on the front steps of the registration building. Not the side where you walk in to get your credentials, but around the corner, toward the front of the building. There is always plenty of room to drive your hot rod over and park it on the grass on the front lawn of the building. The steps make it nice for the M&G photo.

Sometimes the gate nazi's want you to have your entrance ticket PLUS your hand stamp to enter back into the fairgrounds so just be prepared so you don't have to walk all the way back to your car. Also, the skyline thing starts/ends right at the registration building so thats a good way to get there and/or back as well.

I'm bringing Big Olds, Dad is bringing his black and silver '56 Olds.

Also, since we've just decided to attend we don't have a room yet. I've called a few places but nothing yet. Anyone got an extra room they won't be using??

So roll call, who's coming and whatcha bringing? A photo would be great so I know what to look for.

I'll be in this
    [​IMG]

and Dad will be in this.
    [​IMG]

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be at Columbus

3. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

booboo's gang will be there as always just sitting under the tree

4. We will be there Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone! I think we are taking the 51 chevy truck this year. Last year we took the bare metal burb.

5. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

Very tempting. Unfortunately I don't feel worthy just yet, as my '60 Cad drips trans fluid and needs some touching up...

6. Thursday afternoon thru Sunday. Dove grey '34 Ford 5-window with HAMB license topper.

Jim

Attached Files:

7. fms427

fms427

Hi, Denise - we'll be there in the campground - in ONE of these - depending....

Attached Files:

8. 53woody

53woody

Hi Denise,
    "Been going to Columbus for years---first year as a hamber. Looking forward to the meet and greet.:cool:

9. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Be there!!!

10. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

We'll be there in the deuce 3w..in Des Moines now, heading to Columbus on Monday

Attached Files:

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Will you please set aside some time to chat about brakes with me? I've like to pick your brain regarding my setup.

12. I will be there..... I am not a rep pinstriper of Goodguys but am a very good pinstriper. i will be there and have all my paints and brushes. Hope to catch a few stripe jobs off here... CHeck my work out... I am known and not just a geek off the street!! Mr.Oz..... Look me up.. facebook pinhead lounge.. wherever.. If you like my work get ahold of me and book something 614-571-5348

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Hi Denise,

Gld to see that you are going to be at columbus, but sorry to hear that you don't have a place to stay as yet. We're staying at the Best Western south of town (sorry, we are in San francisco right now and I can't get access to my itinerary, so don't have an exact address) and I think that they have rooms available. You might want to try them. good luck - hope to see you...

John

14. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

Going , still not in my rod ! :( but yes i'm going

15. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

I will be going i,ll be there wens afternoon. I will be in a primer grey and black hiboy 31 ford pick-up. First run with the truck it only has 80 miles on it wish me luck.

16. fms427

fms427

Sure - glad to - either there or give me a call - you have my number! We will be staying in the south campground near the fairgrounds entrance from Thurs to Sunday - stop by and have a beer.....:D

17. millersgarage

millersgarage

I'll be there late Thursday night, staying thru Sunday.

I'll be in this
    [​IMG]

18. diamond dave

diamond dave

coming in friday late. will be bringing my blue and white 58 chevy wagon.

19. Tripple G

Tripple G

Leaving early in the morning for 3-days worth, just not in my coupe.:( Finished it in time for Goodguys, but couldn't get it titled soon enough, oh well...always next year. Still looking forward to the Nationals, always a great time!

20. 1959apache

1959apache

coming for the whole weekend, looking forward to seeing you guys there.

21. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

I'm leaving in the morning. Unfortunately, the Friday forecast suddenly looks questionable, but I'll make it!

22. Tripple G

Tripple G

40% scattered T-Storms.....that sucks.:eek:

23. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

It's supposed to be good for Saturday & Sunday, at least that's what my buddy up there says.

24. I'll be there Saturday looking around and taking pictures of ideas I like - perhaps I will wander my way over there and meet some of you fine people. I'm not new to performance vehicles - but kind of new to this segment.

25. kdorfner

kdorfner

I'm there now working at the Nostalgic Air Parts booth. I need a pair
    of rear springs for my shoebox. Does anyone know if and where
    Posies is set up. His web site said he was going to be here. I don't
    get much chance to walk around too much because I am working. Thanx.

26. I came down yesterday to sell in the swap meet. Saw a few HAMBers today. Sold a few things and had a great day visiting.

Stop by - my space is on the back (west) wall inside. You can recognize it by the wheels down the center.

Charlie