Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic Request: '51 Mercury Firewall & Front Frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doctor Detroit, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello Everyone,
    I'm about to begin putting my '51 Mercury back together. I bought it without an engine or transmission, and some areas had already been disassembled. I'm putting a Flathead back in it. I'm looking for pictures of a stock Mercury '49-'51 so I can see the firewall (inside and outside), and how things were laid out. I'm also looking for pictures of how the master cylinder, brake pedal, gas pedal, etc were installed. If you have any to share, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Joe

2. Here's a couple I have on hand. I have a few more, but can't find them on my hard drive at the moment. :/

Attached Files:

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody else have pictures to share?

4. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quick bump.... Still looking for good underhood pics of the firewall from a Merc with Flathead, or under floor around master cylinder

5. Here are a few more I have on my phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks drdave, all of your pictures have helped.

7. What specifically are you needing to see? Just the firewall in general and how all the stuff goes back together, or something specific? I might be able to dig up some more on specific stuff if you need it. I have had to redo the entire firewall on mine, so have been collecting pics as I find them for reference.

8. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be putting mine back together in the near future, and I didn't take it apart. Pictures showing where everything is located would help. I'm trying to collect pictures for reference also.

9. I'll tell you where a lot of mine have come from and that is ads for Mercs for sale. I get em off ebay, the HAMB or anyplace I might be cruising classifieds. Any time I see good reference pics of stock Merc engine compartments (and nice custom ones, too), I copy them. I have also picked up good pics off of build threads here on the HAMB. I'll see what else I can dig up that might be of help.