Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today was a good day....three new 54 Buicks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilkazeevil, Jun 14, 2011.

1. I pick up a local trader paper today and after reading just a bit a see an add that says 3 54 Buicks. Lots of extra parts new and used, and a phone number. I call, an elderly lady answers and tells me they are all three two doors and they arw only about five minutes from where I was at my parents. I get there, the first car she showed me blows my mind. Its in the garage, a 54 2 door hardtop Riviera. Very very clean, minor outer rocker rust but new rockers with car. Rebuilt original motor setting beside car on stand. Second car ix just outaide the garage door. It also is a two door hardtop Riviera, but is rusted bad and is just a parts car, third car was out in a field. She explained it as a junk sedan parts car. I get over there, its completely covered, its a two door sedan post car but is damn near as nice as the first car. There is ask so two extra motor and trans, tons of other extra parts including trim galore. These cars belonged to her recently deceased husband. I asked her to price them but she seemed knowledgable and I was a little worried what she would say. She said $2500 for everything! I about fell over. Picking them up in the morning and will post picks.

2. resinjeff

resinjeff
    from detroit

thats everybodys wet dream right there.....

3. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

4. 76formulafiend

76formulafiend

5. shadams

shadams

Damn dude! I'd be all over those myself, even pay more for em too. Good job and pics ASAP....

6. chopt49

chopt49

I would give her a little extra cash when you do the deal.

I did when I bought my '26 Roadster from a recent elderly widow, and she was happy to get more cash to live on.

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wow, that is a great find. I hope you sell one or more of them to ME!

8. skoh73

skoh73

Subscribed!!!

9. sololobo

sololobo

Yikes, hard not to want to be over there pronto. I am pleased that these are moving on and the lady has some bucks and the stuff out of her life. Good job bro, two-door post, yes--cool!! ~sololobo~

10. can't wait to see pics...nice score

11. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

Huge score congrats can't wait 2 see pics!!

12. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Sick, post pics please

13. I was actually prepared to pay much more actually. She made it clear that she really didmt need or care about the money, she wanted the space. She described her husband as a horder. They have a nice cedar sauna in the garage and it was full of car parts. Funniest thing i've ever seen. Will have pics up around noon tomorrow. Going to keep thw hardtop for me and save the post car to later give a haircut and build for my daughter to drive to school in a couple years.

14. morange

morange

No, thats taking advantage of a widow women that didn't know what she had. Giving her a fair price would have been the morally correct thing to do.

15. Maybe you didn't read the part where I said she is very knowledgable and knew what she had. She explained that her husband had left her very well to do and she wanted aomeone to get the cars that would love them, which I will. You dont see them listed her for sell nor will you and thats what I do, buy, sell, trade, and broker antique cars. However these cars are for me and both she and I left with smiles on our face and happy.

16. big creep

big creep

wow you scored big time!!! you should give her a few extra bucks. round it up too 3g, well that what i would do, but thats just me.

17. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My dad raised arabian horses. When he died, my mom sold them for 10% of what they were worth. She didn't care; she just wanted to not have to take care of them. She said he got his enjoyment out of them but they meant nothing to her. Sounds like the Buick lady felt the same way.

18. Trailer hooked up setting and waiting. Supposed to be there at ten, cant wait. Been up since five.

19. Deu55

Deu55

Waiting to see pics...nice score...

20. had a simular situation, woman had given me a great deal. i helped her out, hauled away some old paint and scrap wood and moved some furniture and other heavy objects. i didn't have to, she was happy with the deal, but i felt better. good luck and great score.

21. 73super

73super

Ha! Love it.. Boy do I know that feeling. 2 years ago I was waiting for my '55 Buick to be delivered. I'd never seen it in person.. just pics. (It was a close friend's Bro-inlaws)...
    It's that ANTICIPATION that I love.. the millions of things that run through your mind while you're waiting .... YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN!!!! :D

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

WTF!
    Good for you! those tri5 Buicks are really growin on me lateley, and great that you plan on buildion a chopped car for your daughter. i bet she is stocked about it too.

23. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

good for you man. can't wait to see the pics.

24. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

So , I guess since you got such a good deal , that you're gonna send those '31 Plymouth doors to me as good karma?:D:D:D

25. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

I'd volunteer to help but my day job gets in the way. Looking forward to photos. (I hope you take some where the cars are now, to give me the enjoyment of trying to figure out where they are from the photos.)

26. Ratroddude, I told you I would hook you up, but still might rather buy your sedan. bob, they are up on Barger Hill in Kenova. I found them listed in the Big Eagle trader. I definetly will take pics as they set.

27. von zipper

von zipper

Can't wait to see!

28. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

waiting. Im kinda pumped

29. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I've been waiting for a Buick like you to come into my life (Foreigner).