Register now to get rid of these ads!

For you Fleetline Lovers out there (PIC)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aeroman, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Aeroman

Aeroman

2. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

3. Squablow

Squablow

That's really my dream car. When I started in on my '40 Chrysler I wanted to give it as much style as I could to look like one of these. The fender skirts, sun visor, WWW's and caps are all a perfect match for this car. I even had a set of the Aerosedan fender stainless pieces to try to incorporate them into the Chrysler, but they just didn't work. I can't think of any 40's car that looks better than that. I even like the color. Very nice.

4. Squablow

Squablow

Is it just me, or does the front hubcap look like it's way off center?

5. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

thats the reflection of the inside of the fender

6. Tony

Tony

I thought the same thing, 'til i looked closer and realised it was the shadow of the fender that made it look that way..
    Wayyyyyyy cool ride!

7. Aeroman

Aeroman

Thanks, this is my friend's car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Squablow

Squablow

How's that mirror setup work? What does it do? I think I've seen that before, but I don't understand what it does. The car looks fantastic. I have one of those steering wheels laying around somewhere, and I know where there are 2 of those cars in wrecking yards with the fender stainless on them. Maybe tomorrow I'll go salvage a set of those trim pieces, I might have one of those cars some day ;)

9. Aeroman

Aeroman

Its a passing mirror, so you can see if there is a car coming the opposite direction, instead of going to the other lane and find out the hard way...

10. Squablow

Squablow

That makes sense. I like it. Your friend has a real knack for finding original parts and making them work together. I don't think there's an add-on piece that he doesn't have, and yet, it doesn't look cluttered up or overdone. Is that thing bagged? Sits just right. Not that anyone cares, but here's a pic of my not-nearly-as-cool '40 that I wish was an Aerosedan.

11. Aeroman

Aeroman

Ah man, that '40 is tight! Made my eyebrows go up :) That must be a Plymouth, right?

Yeah, my friend's car is bagged. I am doing the same to my '47 Fleetline but much much different. I got the body off the frame right now and I am trying to figure out the rear end before moving forward with the project.

laters...

12. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

aeroman, you have just inspired me to gett off my ass and get back on my 47 fleet aerocoupe. the sign above it says it best.."god bless america"

13. Elrusto

Elrusto

Is it on she stock suspension or is it clipped (Mustang, Camaro........)?

14. My wife wants the chrome back on mine if you find some extra pieces let me know.... Jimmy

15. Art Deco kicks Ass! And so does that car.

Jay

16. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

FIRME HOLMES,,,,i love fleetlines,,,one of my passions,,i sold my 48 project a few months back,,,sucks ,but oh well,,

17. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

just what eric said. boing. that car is amazing. its just got style. no ifs ands or buts. just style.

18. Aeroman

Aeroman

All stock on that green Fleetline. I am going with a Mustang II front end kit, GM 10 bolt rear, 4-link connection.

19. hey crew,

f'k me thats a killer killer car!

danny

20. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

That thing is beautiful. I can't wait to get my bro's 47 up and running... hopefully later this year?

21. Fleetlines are gorgeous cars those are great pics! You can do one about anyway and they look great!

Jah

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Aeroman, that car must give you a lot of motovation to get your on the road

What did you decide about your rearend?

Someday I want a Fleetline but with the wood package.. Always loved those.

23. Aeroman

Aeroman

Hey Boones great to hear from you! Certainly that green Fleetline gives me motivation to continue on with the project!

About the rearend, I am investigating on a rear end from a '70 Monte Carlo. I am pretty sure it is a bit wider than the '80 that I used. I am not happy and content with the '80 being only 1" clearance from the backing plate of the brake drum to the flange of the frame. If anyone knows about '70 Monte Carlo's, let me know! Once I get this squared away, I am going to re-enforce the 4-link set up and move on to sandblasting the frame. I will keep you all HAMB buddies posted....

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

If the 70 does not work out, try to find a 70-81 camaro rearend. they are the right width I believe.

Here is some info I saved for comparison. (you can measure your rearend and compare to see if one would work. (I know they are everywhere)

S-10 Rearends

*These are 10 bolt rears with a 7.5" ring gear, and 4.75 inch (GM pass. car) wheel bolt pattern. Axles are retained with C-clips.

*2WD rears measure 47.5" between backing plates, 54.5" from outside drum to outside drum, and approx. 38.5" between spring perch centers.

*4WD S-10 rear ends are wider than 2WD by about an inch per side.

*82-88 rears had 26 spline axles...89-up used 28 spline. Therefore, to interchange carriers between early and late rears, axles must also be changed, and vice versa.

25. vancec

vancec
    from yucaipa

Hey GOOZGAZ… Call me about your tires, PLEASE!
    Vance
    562 225-2741
    [email protected]

26. sawzall

sawzall

hey ken ME TOO.. But I want my fastback to have an olds grille!

man i like the look of that steering wheel.. is a stock gm (chev) accessory?

it appears to have "clear" sections..

jeff

27. Aeroman

Aeroman

Yeah, it's the Banjo Steering wheel (~$1200 for a restored one).

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I sure hope you got permission from that dude to take his picture.
    Nice car, though.

29. Aeroman

Aeroman

I sure did, he's my friend.

What if I didn't? :eek:

30. Aeroman

Aeroman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]