Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot August Nights pulling out of Long Beach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky Famoso, May 3, 2011.

1. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

People in Reno NV. upset with Hot August Nights Inc. for holding a music-and-cars event in Long Beach, California may not have to be pissed off anymore.

Hot August Nights officials had signed a five-year contract to hold a similar event in Long Beach. But the Long Beach Press Telegram newspaper is reporting Hot August Nights Inc. is pulling out of Long Beach, saying there's a lack of entries and sponsorships.

And the mayor of Long Beach is quoted as saying there are obviously problems with Hot August Night Inc.'s internal organization.

There has not been confirmation yet from Reno H.A.N. officials, but the paper reports there will be a news conference in Reno Tuesday to talk about the issue.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

H.A.N. trying to back into Reno/Sparks...

[​IMG]

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Screw Long Beach,there is always Phoenix,AZ and we will guarantee the August Nights will be HOT!

4. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

After turning their backs on Reno, maybe next year here (in Reno), there will be a "lack of entries and sponsorships".

5. 60'coupe

60'coupe

6. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

Lotta' money for a three day parking space.

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Too spendy for the average rodder, when we're bitching about $15-$20 cruise entries already. If you attend many shows the money really adds up, and with gas on top of it I'd rather drive my car than attend many shows.

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I agree,... and there's a lot of parts I can buy for my car for a $150.00

9. Weasel

Weasel

HAN got way to greedy and full of itself. Another example of a great show whose organisers forgot where it all started and got far too big for their boots... I cannot say that I honestly give a damn when the show organi$er$ wanted the paying entrants to be their bankers - gave up on it a few years back and it's no great loss to me....

10. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Probably too many officials trying to cash-in,as in the soup the scum always rises to the top

11. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

good......................

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the $150 is for the week, and it gets you into other events like the auction. yes its expensive but if you are going for a week and attend the various events, its not bad and you can special parking at various hotels. (what does it cost to valet park at the hotel per night?) not trying to justify the cost, just saying there is more then just parking for 3 days if you want it to be more

13. cruzr

cruzr

the days of high dollar events are done hopefully........we all need to get back to "grass roots" hot rodding........get togther with buddys ....take a cruise together.....

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

I stopped going to Hot August Nights back in 1995. It got too stupid and lame..

15. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Well said Randy , Very True.

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

I second that

17. I agree totally .....

18. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

really? duuuude...you are so confused, we only drive in designated "cruizing areas" and park in the designated "parking area" and only wear event specific clothes. If the show doesnt have its own neon/pastel imagery plastered on a shirt, so not going to be seen there.

19. blacufo

blacufo

20. 21tat

21tat

Oh, well. Whatever.

21. Rumor has it that Bruce Walters, the CEO, has resigned as well. No media coverage of it yet, but my sources are good. :)

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

$150 is ridonkulous. No wonder.

23. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

I'm not going back after the knife fight in the back lot of the hotel and a gun battle in the front parking lot. [two cars hit with stray bullets]

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Well that's not very awesome either.

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There are guys that would go for that very reason. "Dude! .45 caliber! An' I didn't have to put 'em there! See? Hot August Nights!"

The bragging rights would last forever, and the R. Rod value would escalate dramatically.

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

if this is true....it's a damn good thing,he'd be run outta town

27. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

^ good redence to that P.O.S

28. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

That's great news F/them 150.00 to put your car in a show I though Ink&Iron was bad! for the price!! they are in for the money ONLY they in it for the MONEY !!