Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>>2011 IRON LORDS Swap City Shindig (aka Charlotte Auto Fair After Party)<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Mar 28, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

It's that time again for us (The Iron Lords of Crown Town) to throw our annual Auto Fair after party on Saturday the 9th of April. Last year we had a great turnout and we're looking for an even better one this year!!!!

The Iron Lords will be supplying BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, Banana Pudding and Soda/Water as well as some other sides and it's all on us so chow down!

And just like last year, we're having our good friends the BELMONT PLAYBOYS provide some live music for the party. If you haven't seen these guys play live, their awesome!!!

I should add that it's a family even so bring along your wife, kids whatever. Just make sure that you keep a reign on the little ones since the party is on our shop and there are things that they could get into that could hurt them.

Here's some pics of last years event if you need a visual of the fun that goes down.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464603&highlight=the+came+they+saw+got+hammered

Bring your Hot Rods, Customs and Jalopies if ya got 'em!!! We don't have any running cars for the most part so we'd like to look at yours! Hahaha!!!:D:D:D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I'LL BE DURRRRRR

Dunno if I'm heading down Thursday or Friday yet, hell I don't even know what I'm doing later today, I need to get shit scheduled!

3. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

time/location?

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's at the bottom of the flyer but in case you're at work and they blocked your access.....

6pm on APRIL 9th at the IRON LORDS CLUB HOUSE!
    606 Church St. N
    Concord, NC 28025

5. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I will be there! I know there will be some other folks from our area coming up also. See yall on the 9th.

6. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

This was darn good fun last year. Gonna try hard to make it again this year.

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Looking forward to it. See you all there

8. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Heck yeah, we'll be there! Good time last year, and that 'nanner pudding is like crack!

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't feel bad if you have to unload one of those '32's you have now. I won't say no if you try to give it to me. And no laughing and my 5w damn it!!

10. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

thanks! yea, all i got was a red x before.

11. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I can't see the flyer JJ. But you know I'll be there!!!!!!

And April 9th is SATURDAY!!!, I've seen some people thinking it was Friday.

12. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

Please take some pics for us out here to the west.When i get rich im just going to travel around to everyone of these garage night/bbq's i see here on the H.A.M.B sounds like a damn good time.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Why is it that some people can't see it on the first time. Then perhaps a refresh helps? Hmmm..... Well the flyer is a pic of two guys putting a flathead in with some busty chicks hosing the car down with bubbles and shit. Then godzilla is in the background blowing fire on your truck terd because it has street rod wheels on the back. It's pretty sweet!!

14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

The flyer (which looks very cool btw) shows up on my pc but not on my phone.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Is it squished? The Flyer that is?

16. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Not gojira!!!!! I've got to se it now!!! But all I get now is the photobucket icon that says its been removed or deleted???

***EDITED TO ADD***

Nevermind, now I see it! I'm disappointed in the lack of gojira! But very rad otherwise!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Does it help if I add this to the thread?
    [​IMG]

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

19. I've been wondering "Friday or Saturday" myself. Glad you found it in your heart to fill us in!

Looking forward to getting together with y'all and your guests! Hey, Big D, is the sofa spoken for?

20. Awesome flyer DumDum!!

Great job. I look forward to seeing everyone and swaping some good stories.

Bring out your customs and hot rods guys.

See you then.

BloodyKnuckles

21. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I'll be there with my friends from the "great white north eh?". Delivering a set of FIRESTONE letters (for JJ) and picking up a set of 57-60 Ford truck doors (from Boobie) and pair of Cadillac valve covers (terd ferg). Wheelin and Dealin :D :D

Later, Bill

22. Right on!!! We are riding up your way. Not sure the hot rod will make it, but I will hitch hike to be there.

23. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

in like flynn. brignin pops and the boys with me.

24. hotdamn

hotdamn

what happend to your wheels bro?

if ya gotta hitch hike holla and we'll get ya a ride up:)

25. hotdamn

hotdamn

I'll keep ya posted bro, if STEPHEN FIELDS actually comes down he was gonna crash at my place. he mail bail though?

we'll find you a place to crash somewhere:)

26. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

JJ, my buddy Shorty from out of town said he could make it.

[​IMG]

27. luckystiff

luckystiff

why is there always never nothin' then 3 things happen on the same damn day. i'm gonna be in asheville seein' j mascis on the 9th. already probably gonna have to do a friday quicky at autofair. and then theres that damned ole vw show on sunday to. why does it always happen this way...ken....

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Isn't that the truth. Well if you came to our party you could get the best of both world with the Belmont Playboys playing and all. Cars, Food Music.....ummmmm what else is there?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lZNNbGnHmbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

29. luckystiff

luckystiff

yeah the tickets to the asheville show were and unexpect Vday gift from my wife. i really figured i'd be in charlotte for her to see Avett Bros that night. as much as i'm stoked on the show it also is throwing a wrench in the weekend in general. gonna be hard to do asheville til 2-3 in the morning and then get up and drive to farmington. which unless i get the front of this car buttoned up i won't be driving it there anyhow...

oh and got the same conflict in may. steel in motion and charlotte transporter show are on the same day to. i guess the good news is the pre party for CTS means camp there friday night, hang out some in the morning, then long as the car is running alright head to shelby mid day...ken....

30. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

To the top. Come one, come all. Have some bbq with the Iron Lords!!!