Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Ryan
Administrator

Default The Quest

After monday's post of the found footage, I got an email from Michael Brown. Michael has been making a feature documentary about the Le Mans Corvettes and the lives behind them - then and now. Throug...

To read the rest of this blog entry from The Jalopy Journal, click here.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
Tman
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: The Quest

Wow, very cool man.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Beachcomber
Grenade Inspector

Amazing Story.....
online   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Fuzzy Knight

God Bless the young ones who can carry on the dream!!
1963 1/2 Falcon Ranchero, Original factory V8 - 4 speed, Factory Tri Power.
If it's Bitchin it don't have to be Perfect !!!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
silverdome
Grenade Inspector

On a much lesser scale I can understand the man's passion to fulfill his fathers dream. My father died in 1990. That's what my avatar show's my brother and I driving my dad's cars at the H.A.M.B. drags. I recall our first pass my brother had a fuel problem in his '33 and I noticed he was lagging way back so I let off to make sure he was going to make the pass. We got it back in the pits cleaned out the fuel line with help from a friend and fellow HAMBER and he was able to make some more passes. I only got in one more as I had a wheel cylinder go on the next pass.

It was great fun and very memorable for us.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
racelance
FNG

Thanks a bundle for your support on our effort to spread the word about the world premiere for "The Quest" documentary. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation to help us achieve our mission (more at: http://chipmiller.org). Michael Brown, the producer and dear friend, was incredibly generous allowing the premiere to benefit a cause near and dear to my heart. We're all about spreading the word about amyloidosis, the disease that took my father's life in 2004.

So to HAMB and your supporters - THANK YOU!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
Rolleiflex

That looks like it will be really good!

I think we need a showing at the Paramount here in Austin around the time of the Revolution this year!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
dumpt_cabrio
FNG

Hey Lance, what are the plans for the movie after the Premier? I know I for one would love to see it either on DVD or on a screen in my area.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
21tat

Sounds good. We'll be watching for it!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
gunswanted

Sweet clip thanks for sharing! Where can I get the DVD?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
Slim Pickens
Old School HAMBer

Welcome Lance, To cool. Look forward to its release. How cool driving around with John Fitch. I met him years ago in Lime Rock, CT. Slim
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
JeffreyJames
Old School HAMBer

Damn it as I am watching it I can't help to keep looking up and staring at this. You did the layout on that didn't you Ryan? I can tell from your type selection.. If not it was made to be the JJ entry!!!! Looks like an incredible film for sure damn it!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
retro54

Jeffrey.. I was thinking along the same lines.. I'm not a huge corvette fan, but that layout alone makes me want to see the movie. Plus I am very close to the location.. haha! Cheers!

Rodder's Journals FOR SALE
Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
stude_trucks
Old School HAMBer

Corvettes don't in general pull me one way or the other. But, I have to say, that #3 car has got to be one of the baddest Corvettes out there as far as I'm concerned. If I had to limit myself to 1 car for the rest of my life, I could probably be pretty satisfied with that one.

And dig the story behind it too. I'll check it out for sure when it's out.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #15
racelance
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens View Post
Welcome Lance, To cool. Look forward to its release. How cool driving around with John Fitch. I met him years ago in Lime Rock, CT. Slim
Slim-

Let's just say it wasn't only my father's dream... it turned out fulfilling my dream as well . It was interesting sitting by his side, think about it... 50 years later in the same car around the same circuit at the age of 92 prior to one of the worlds grandest races. I looked over at John a few times during the lap and realized real quickly how this opportunity won't ever happen again - I didn't take a second of it for granted!

John Fitch is one of a kind, I really got to know him quite well during our "Quest" over to Le Mans. From being a POW to winning many incredible races - the stories were endless and priceless!

Hope you can make the premiere, it should be one of a kind... just like Fitch.

Life is good,

Lance
Old 03-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
racelance
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpt_cabrio View Post
Hey Lance, what are the plans for the movie after the Premier? I know I for one would love to see it either on DVD or on a screen in my area.
Dumpt_cabrio-

Glad you'd like to see the documentary, heck I'm eager to see it for the first time! Michael Brown is wrapping up final production as I type this... we're getting near. During our trip to Le Mans I was hoping to capture some pictures and short video clips, in my wildest dreams I didn't think I'd ever see a documentary about the journey!?! However we've got one and I know the passion behind the production and story, it should be incredible! Michael owns the rights to the movie and he's planning on selling DVD's at a later date as well. We'll keep you posted as things progress.

Hope to meet you sometime in the future.

Cheers,

Lance
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyJames View Post
Damn it as I am watching it I can't help to keep looking up and staring at this. You did the layout on that didn't you Ryan? I can tell from your type selection.. If not it was made to be the JJ entry!!!! Looks like an incredible film for sure damn it!!!
Nope... First I saw of it was this morning. Nice design work though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance View Post
Dumpt_cabrio-

Glad you'd like to see the documentary, heck I'm eager to see it for the first time! Michael Brown is wrapping up final production as I type this... we're getting near. During our trip to Le Mans I was hoping to capture some pictures and short video clips, in my wildest dreams I didn't think I'd ever see a documentary about the journey!?! However we've got one and I know the passion behind the production and story, it should be incredible! Michael owns the rights to the movie and he's planning on selling DVD's at a later date as well. We'll keep you posted as things progress.

Hope to meet you sometime in the future.

Cheers,

Lance
Bring it to Austin and I'll see it's met with a bunch of old cars and young folks. Promise.

Ryan Cochran

"Skating the same line since 1976..."
.................................................. ....
www.jalopyjournal.com - www.garagejournal.com - www.gearjournal.com - www.fordbarn.com - www.DOGFIGHTmag.com
Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #18
racelance
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Nope... First I saw of it was this morning. Nice design work though...
A good friend of mine did the design work. I love clean design work and he nails it every time! Glad you guys like it... all of our brochures, invitations, envelopes and posters have the same clean look/feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Bring it to Austin and I'll see it's met with a bunch of old cars and young folks. Promise.
That's an easy trip for Michael Brown! He's from your neck of the woods... I'll point him to the forum, I'm sure he'd be happy to chime in.

Thanks again for all of your support,

Lance
Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
HEMI32
Old School HAMBer

Very cool ... I would love the opportunity to see the film in a (Northern California) theater ... or to be able to purchase a DVD.

I'll have to admit that watching the trailer and seeing (a 92 year old) John Fitch behind the wheel of the #3 Corvette gave me goose-bumps! ... and it reminded me of another well-done documentary:

Name:  A GULLWING AT TWILIGHT.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  19.5 KB"A Gullwing At Twilight" by Chris Szwedo ... a film about 87 year old John Fitch driving Bob Sirna's (Lynn Yakel prepared) 1955 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing @ Bonneville ... for a preview, watch The Making Of A Gullwing At Twilight (a Quicktime clip).
Old 03-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
VETTEXAN
FNG

Lance is my 'soul mate' on this project for 'The Quest'. Couldn't have done it without him and his incredible story. I'm the producer/director of the film and thanks to everyone for the great initial comments today...and to Ryan for making our project available for discussion.
Everyone wants to know 'when will it be at a theatre near me'? Logical question...and I don't have an answer. It likely will not have nationwide distribution, but I'd love to consider venue by venue screenings. A DVD will also be available, I hope, by early summer.
I know most of the guys on this forum aren't necessarily into Corvettes, but this story goes beyond Corvettes and has multiple 'back stories' that almost anyone could relate to...family, loss and triumph.
Thanks for helping us spread the word about the Premiere...as it will totally benefit the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation.
Michael