Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects One of a kind 1933 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Mc, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

our pic`s 041.jpg our pic`s 022.jpg six pics 005.jpg our pic`s 011.jpg our pic`s 028.jpg our pic`s 031.jpg our pic`s 014.jpg IMG_0179.jpg IMG_0025.jpg One of a kind 1933 Fordor Vicky Convertible Sedan = Ford discontinued The Convertible Sedan after Producing about 1,100 units in 1932. the cost was one factor plus many customer concerns, they leaked wind and water around the top and when the top was down at speed the air swirled badly in the passenger compartment,they were flimsy and the quarter panel could crack at the beltline from closing the doors hard.the only storage was behind the rear seat and since the A&B-400's were produced as Tudors it was inconvenient to get to it....I studied Ford Service Bulletins about the A-400 and the B-400 and attempted to overcome the problems outlined in those reports when I designed my 33 by creating a scooped Front roofline which directs the air upward,I installed a Weatherstrip around the perimeter of the roof,also added more tonneau snaps,the First two roofbows are stationary ,to help deflect the swirling wind and strengthen the body also allows the top when down to be stashed in the package shelf under a boot,attacked the storage problem by creating a Trunk opening and Fashioned a Lid to fit....the Build took 4 years of nights weekends and any extra time I could put into it,the second picture is my Fordor when I brought it home and started dreaming about what I wanted to do .I posted most of the BUILD Pics in my album.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=24677

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    aussie57wag, woody jim and mgtstumpy like this.
  2. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

looks fantastic great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Mc likes this.
  3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good lookin ride

Dave Mc likes this.
  4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That's pretty slick, Great job very well executed!

Dave Mc likes this.

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Kinda cool that you kept it a 4 door. Nice workmanship as well.

Dave Mc likes this.
  6. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Very cool! congrats...

Dave Mc likes this.
  7. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

JelliPups5179 017.jpg Thanks Guys, I appreciate the positive comments. I forgot to mention ,I bought a Grampa's 92 Mustang GT Convertible with under 20,000 miles on it which had been rolled and totalled.and I used everything in my 33,I adapted a Gennie Shifter to the Mustang Floor shifter as The Ford unit has positive notches for each position and won't shift gears if you hit a bump.the accelerator I turned the 33 spoon upside down adapted it to the Ford unit as it has a cable under the floor so NO holes in the firewall. I polished the F.I. 302 engine and Auto Overdrive Trans. it has a Ford 8" Diff. with 411 ratio and Disc Brakes on all 4 corners,I even used the Mustang Fuel lines as they are one piece from stem to stern.the Front Suspension has Mustang Upper Arms and Spindles with a Fiberglass Transverse Monoleaf Spring with Mustang Ball joints at each end for the Lowers,the spring is similar to Corvette Rear spring only heavier as it's designed to support the Wt. of an Engine.The Interior is All Leather with all metal surfaces Woodgrained.it's been on the road for seven years now and still No Radio( shame on me ) Thanks Again for Looking .

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  8. oldman2

oldman2

Man, that's some beautiful work, wonder what Henry would think!! Like the Elka also.

Gasser 57 and Dave Mc like this.
  9. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Thanks for the positive remarks, I appreciate them :)

Gasser 57 likes this.
  10. tinhunter

tinhunter

Very nice car, Job well done !!

Dave Mc likes this.
  11. Very nice!

Dave Mc likes this.
  12. hasty

hasty

Looks immaculate

Dave Mc likes this.
  13. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Thank You, I really enjoy the car.when I cut into it only had an Idea of what was needed to finish the project,it all seemed to fall together pretty well,because I re-used almost everything I had cutoff.in other words ,it was made from itself.

14. Wow! nice work! :D

Dave Mc likes this.
  15. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

IMG_0210.jpg IMG_0209.jpg Thought I should add a couple pics with the Trunklid opened,not alot of Space but plenty for chairs,tools etc.much more convenient than the space behind the rear seat as with the assemblyline sedans of this model year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Gasser 57 and mgtstumpy like this.
  16. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

really cool

Dave Mc likes this.
  17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Stance, color, wheel & trie choice, top detail, Trunk, and Hollywood backlight (rear window!) all point to 'professional' execution.

That had to be a task, no way do they just 'fall together'. (not when they end up like this!)
    Extraodinary job! (and beautiful subject!)

Dave Mc likes this.
  18. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

you're right,it was "A Task" as you put it,I have been cutting cars up and putting them together all my life.My Dad was the Greatest Builder/Repairman.This was a true test of my ability and patience.I knew it was going to be a lonnnng project,but time passes whether we're doing anything or not,may as well try to accomplish something. Thanks for your approval.

19. So many fresh ideas in this car, Love it.

Dave Mc likes this.
  20. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely beautiful, and practical too! That strange sound you hear in the background is the prices of '33/'34 sedans going through the roof.:D

Dave Mc likes this.
  21. modeleh

modeleh

You should be very proud of what you have done there. Totally unique, beautifully done. I like that you made a one-off in the style of the era, it has a very traditional look to it, and even appears to be a mildly modified original car at first glance, though it is clear you have countless hours of hard work in it to pull off the appearance of a factory job. Congrats, and thanks for showing us.

Dave Mc likes this.
  22. Beautiful metalwork! Elegant, yet subtle, but still full of WOW factor when discovering
    your mods.....

Dave Mc likes this.
  23. 29ToyA

29ToyA

So COOOOOOOL!

Great job!

24. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0214.jpg 33DoorLock.jpg Here are some pics of the Door Locks I made for it,they work great ! utilize an upholstery clip for spring tension to keep them secure in either position

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    ffr1222k, drdave, Hamtown Al and 2 others like this.
  25. Very neat idea for the door locks. Nice car too!

Dave Mc likes this.
  26. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Sweet !

Dave Mc likes this.
  27. sololobo

sololobo

Fab orig craftsman ship, congrats on a beautiful original piece. ~sololobo~

Dave Mc likes this.
  28. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

IMG_0158.jpg Looking forward to good weather,has been a lonnng winter

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Gasser 57 likes this.
  29. daddio211

daddio211

I always love seeing your posts cuz your avatar is so bitchin. I could see it was a C400 but had no idea it was a fordor... C404?? :D

Dave Mc likes this.
  30. i seen one just like it once only it was a differnt year and was not a ford and it was a differnt color .yup.. but it was just like yers ....

lookin good master craftsman ship!

when do you start on the next one?

Dave Mc likes this.