Register now to get rid of these ads!

car names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tall Tom, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

I was looking in the Classified at the Cars for Sale and saw a 48 Ford convertable with some kind of name printed on the rear fender.

"Back in the Day", the late 50s, here in Southern Minnesota we would paint names or Song Titles on the rear fender. My brother-in-laws 37 Ford had "Big Iron" on it, my 46 Cushman scooter had "Little Devil".

Is anyone doing this now?

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Lots of people do it. I think there are at least 4500 Peggy Sues out there.

3. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Let's see some pictures.

4. Yep! Not to mention all those Miss Behavin's & Miss Carriage's...

5. flathead4d

flathead4d

One of the guys in high school (back in the 50's) had "Mister Period" on his Chevy. Turned out his girl friend was pregnant.

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Get in , HANG On & Shut Up.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I think so, But it seems People today are trying to Think Up Names and are Missing the Point Completely.

I have always Liked the Song Inspired Names & the Creative Names of the Past but lately I have seen or read on Posts here on the HAMB some pretty Fuckin Stupid Shit concerning Car Names.

Current cars being called " THE (owners name) ROADSTER " Is just as Lame as some of the names suggested here.

Go Look for past Threads on this subject, Seems the Popular one with HAMBers is "CumDumpster" ..... Fuckin Stupid !

8. teddyp

teddyp

my cars have names my chevy when it had a tried 327 in it it would smoke real bad when i got on it so i name it moody blue. my 58 ford was built with all used parts and many of my buddy help so the name is loose change and i,ve let a lot of buddy use her so the plates are puntha thats italian for whore ( it,s red and everybody had her)
    my 65 caddy name and plates were goomba 1 cause they almost used it in the sopranos but they couldn,t use it cause it was white

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Mine is "Mouse Trap", 'cause it's got a mouse motor squeezed under the hood.

10. chop&drop

chop&drop

Pretty common practice back then. I can remember two with song titles from the small Arizona town I lived in at the time - "Stagger Lee" and "Mr. Blue". Another one was a canary yellow limo (Chrysler product) named "Tweety Pie" after the cartoon character.

11. Troyz

Troyz

Here's mine. I'd rather it be called by it's name than just Troy's car.

[​IMG]

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

In High School (1960)I had a maroon '46 Ford 4 door, big lump of a body, and shortly after I got it the front spring broke somewhere in the leaf pack. The front end went down in to the coolest "California Tilt". Somehow, the then current song 'Ally Oop' struck me as appropriate for the 'ol Ford, so that's what went on the rear fender.

Ray

13. 76cam

76cam

Mine is the old rag. you can see it in my avatar. Ill let you think of how I came up with that one.....

14. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

This reminds me of something I read in a newspaper about 50 years ago. They were interviewing an elderly immigrant who bought a 1932 Chevrolet new and was still driving it. "Does your car have a name?" "Why yes, it is Chevrolet."
    I never named any of my cars either.

15. SlamIam

SlamIam

I don't name my cars, but my kids and grandkids do. They call my F1 pickup "El Fordo," our weird green 4WD "The Pickle," and my wife's SUV "White Lightning." They have no names yet for the 31 coupe or roadster pickup projects, but its early. Saw my 12 year old grandson sitting on a lawn chair inside the highboy coupe body the other day, had a steering wheel hung from the visor, so a name for that one might be forthcoming. Hope its not too embarassing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I nicknamed my coupe "Total Immortal" after a song I used to listen too a lot when I was younger, and in my mind traditional hot rods and classic hot rod styling will never die.

I don't go around calling it by it's name, just 'my coupe' and I sure as hell won't be putting it on the car anywhere haha

17. I've only got 2 named, but there both way O/T

94 Ford Probe is the anal probe:eek:
    The 93 GMC S-15 is the jimmy junk :D

18. bob-o

bob-o

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The practice is lame.

20. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I call mine Frankenstein

21. Greezeball

Greezeball

The name changes with my mood.
    Come on you piece of shit! Bitch! Fucker! etc.

22. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

20post and no "CumDumpster"?? My old drag boat was called "Phuqinitup" cause thats what I was always doin to it

23. turdytoo

turdytoo

'57 Ford called "Barfly". Model A coupe called "Cherry Popper. Banger Jeep called "Fourplay" and a boat called "Dawgstyle".

24. Muttley

Muttley

Yep.

25. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My '56 Chevy has "Nomad" on the tailgate but I'm pretty sure the factory did it.
    [​IMG]

26. I call my touring car "the tub"

Attached Files:

• 124c.jpg
      124c.jpg
      File size:
      111.4 KB
      Views:
  27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Calling things lame is lame.

28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

im going to name mine LOLA

29. willysrod

willysrod
    from upstate NY

Friend of mine once had a boat named "The Richard Knobby"

30. codeblu

codeblu

A friend of mine had a Candy blue 55 Chevy with a wicked flame job...across the decklid it read "Hot, Blue, and Righteous"....guess he was a ZZ Top fan as well.