Register now to get rid of these ads!

Almquist Sabre Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the way the front fenders cut in, and the way they matched that shape on the rear.

There's one (Sabre 1?) for sale on the Milwaukee c-list right now. BTW it's not mine, if it was it wouldn't be for sale!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. flamingokid

flamingokid

There's nothing I dislike more than a CL auction.They need to put a number on it.

4. Squablow

Squablow

I saw that too. No price on it though, which pretty much guarantees that the guy wants a ton of money for it. Too bad, could be a really neat car.

5. EZrider

EZrider
    from Waco, TX

I remember those when they came out, it was ugly then & it's still butt ugly (though not as ugly as a sack full of assholes).
    Bob

6. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I was just sitting down last night looking at some "little pages" I just picked up and saw this ad in a few of them. I remember that $295 price..... I was kinda curious what all that included and it seemed fair. Then I looked at the wanted/sell ads in the back and 29 Fords were $45..... running. Kinda seemed steep at that point.

7. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Do someone have production numbers on those kits? Any pics from any HAMB members? In my last trip to the US I bought a little reprint book by Almquist and started wondering who he was and what else has he done for the hot rod community and appears he has done a lot. I'm still learning.

8. autobilly

autobilly

Doesn't appeal to my taste either.

9. daddio211

daddio211

Me either, but what a cool piece of history! I'm trying to remember what Fords were 100" wheelbase. Deuce is 102", right?

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Without some racing or celebrity owner background that car probably isn't worth a whole lot except to someone who would like to get his hands on one of the glass bodies out of the 50's to build the car . That one has never one of the best looking ones of the bunch like the Devins or J-2,4 Kellison coupes but it still has potential.

11. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

12. Always loved the 50s and 60s Sports Rods, that Sabre isn't bad compared to many. I will build one someday.

13. When I was ten years old, I would sit and read the Almquist catalog and imagine what car I would build and what parts I would use, that was fifty or more years ago. The catalogs would wear out soon from over use.

14. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Straying from the topic a bit, but the "Mildred" Alliance membership ad below the Almquist bit caught my eye, and reminded me of a Mildred from back in college. One of my buddies was a rude, crude, say anything to the chicks kind of guy. We were at a party, this hot babe Mildred walks up to chat, and Ronnie says "How do you like your eggs in the morning?" Mildred didn't even twitch, and just said "unfertilized". Best shut-down line I'd ever heard from a girl. Ronnie slinked off into the crown amidst some jeering, and was pretty quiet the rest of the evening.

16. yeah that one on CL was my buddy jeff's car
    i think he sold it to the guy who owns the micro car museum here in Illinois for around 4 g's
    cool car
    i wish i could have bought it
    tk