Register now to get rid of these ads!

Andys picnic 74?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptop4, Feb 26, 2011.

1. choptop4

choptop4

Just found these photos of Andys picnic crow canyon 73/74? The 70sThe where good to me ,I think.The hulagons in the pix where the Devil Darlins c.c. for sonoma ca. Man it was hot that day,so after we went to The Wicked Eye to cool down.Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. choptop4

choptop4

Some more pix.My 56 and Paulies 32.He still has it.Still looks the same.The 40 was the Pasquini brothers ,had a 392 6x2s.and Von Dutch stripping all over it. Cheers

Attached Files:

3. Keither

Keither

I was at both '73 and '74 as well. It did get very hot and dusty up there but it seems like we were always pretty well lubricated so it didn't bother us as I recall. Andy and Sue used to have great bands as well. I don't have many stills but a fair amount of super 8 home movies that are a real kick to see.

4. choptop4

choptop4

Thats cool.put them on youtube.The guy in the roadster just got some 8mm of the car on a road trip to tahoe.I think he said mid 60s.Said it was wild.And yes,at the picnic they would fillup anything you had.Never went thirsty.

5. Great pics.....That Willys looks hot.

6. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

I miss those 1970's cut-off's and halter tops in picture 7.......

7. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

I see Joe McKean in the first pic, who else from Sonoma?
    Paulie was at my shop today, dosent quite look the same to me?!?!:eek:
    but the roadster does!
    Mario still has the 40 also. I dont think it's seen the road in 30 years though ?

8. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

We should have a complete Andys pic thread from begining to end !!! I went to most, what a great time! I have lots of old photos, need to get a scanner someday. :)

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Thanks for the memories of my teenage years from the early 70's . I sure do miss those those halter tops , short , short cut offs , bare feet and long hair babes ! They were so much fun back then and we didn't have to worry about a thing ! :eek:

Still my pic is for that beautiful black Willys Gasser with the flame head lights ! So 70's and still miss those great times ! :D

Retro Jim

10. choptop4

choptop4

Yes it was fun back then.But Iam still having just as much fun now.Here are some more I found in the bottom of the box.Glad to hear Mario still has the 40.

Attached Files:

11. 'JUS BAD' Anglia - Lenny Mendez.jpg
    click thumbnail to enlarge

FYI: The "JUS BAD" Anglia was owned & built by Nor Cal Early Iron club member Lenny Mendes.

This is a somewhat rare photo of the car still in primer ... Len (a painter by trade) covered his English Ford's body panels in shiny black lacquer! :cool:

Also of note is that Len's nephew is a HAMBer (1badnov).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  12. choptop4

choptop4

I love to hear the history of these cars.Like Rockie said the 40 is still owned by Mario.Had some good times in that car and Pauls roadster.You can't see it in the photo,but there is a moon tank on the 32.We used it for frozen beverages.

13. Keith

Keith

good times!

Attached Files:

14. Andy's T's and Andy's Picnic always reminds me of good times and fantastic cars.
    For you guys in the know, what year was the picnic held in Vallejo @ the fairgrounds? I attended with my son Brian, who was just a youngster. I had lived in Santa Rosa at the time and was amazed at the quality of cars that attended that day.

15. choptop4

choptop4

I never made it to the vallejo show.But ,your right the quality of the cars was great.I went to deuce day in Novato years ago. and the cars that come out of the garage for it was every cool.I brought my uncles 32 out for that show,it had not been out since 62.

16. Labold

Labold

Neat pics. ...taken the same year I was born.

17. Labold

Labold

Hell yeah it's hot, it burst into flames.

18. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Cool, thanks for sharing your pictures.

This one is just Killer!
    [​IMG]

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Sweet pictures! How ironic two threads were posted on the same thing from almost 40 years ago.

20. choptop4

choptop4

I was just thinking,One night on the set of american gaffiti.There was a slammed 56-57 Buick there.It was black and painted on the quarter panel it said CUBIC.Any one remember that car?or where it is today.I only saw it that one night,but it made an impression on me.

21. CUBIC is still around, it's blue not black. It was in a post from the Pleasanton Goodguys last year

22. choptop4

choptop4

That great ,thanks.I'll look it up.Cheers

23. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

That is a great pic. Thanks so much. I'm going to forward this to little len.....

24. choptop4

choptop4

Cool ,I hope Len injoys the it.I can't seem to find any pics of CUBIC anywhere.If any one has any please post.Cheers

25. choptop4

choptop4

Just talked to and old friend from way back then.He said the 40 Ford in second pic was in a fire.Not much left of it.