Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hell-o from Los Angeles

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sk6strng, Feb 16, 2011.

1. sk6strng

sk6strng

Hello folks. I have a 1956 Chevrolet Belair 9-passenger wagon that I have been using as a fun family wagon and slowly upgrading since my wife and I bought it about a year ago. We bought the car from the second owner who was in the Bay area of Northern California.
    It was a pretty straight and original old car with all the parts working for all the seats. So far I had the front end rebuilt, put in seat belts for 8, power front discs, cut the springs (lowering blocks in back) installed Bilsteins and large sway bars all around. Along the way we got the heat all working as well.
    Over the last two months I replaced all the weatherstripping and window felts, replaced some rotted-out cargo area plywood and installed a re-pro cargo area linoleum kit.
    Now the car is in the uphostery shop where an 'original type' pleated interior is being put in. (I hate the cheap feel of the re-pro interior kits)
    Although my 265/powerglide combo is working it is getting tired and a bit leaky. We purchased an awesome 350 engine from a fellow in No-Cal who built it for a car he ended up selling.
    I am assembling other bits to do the swap sometime soon (I hope), an ignition box, some glasspack mufflers, etc but mostly a good 700 R4 transmission. Sorry if this is the wrong location of this forum but if anyone has this trans to part with they can contact me at [email protected].
    Thanks and have a great day.

Attached Files:

2. check out brad at action trans in sun valley, sorry lost the number, he can set up the tranny for your motor.. cam, horse power, ect

3. sk6strng

sk6strng

Thanks studog51...I called him. He sounds like a great person to do business with.
    B.T.W, its TransAction Transmission.
    Thanks again.

4. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

5. banditomerc

banditomerc

more new blood to freshen up the place! welcome

6. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A