Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Roosters hot rods gets a 64 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roosters hot rods, Feb 5, 2011.

1. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

So since i sold my coupe and bought a 64 falcon sprint to build a gasser...I thought i would finally need a cool ole shop truck and something to tow my gasser with..And i thought how cool would it be to be in a 64 f100 towing my gasser to the track :rolleyes:...the hunt was on and after looking atabout 10 or so f100 i was getting to the point of not even wanting one..everyone i looked at had rot in the roof and floors:mad:..but i kept looking and found this barn fresh,one owner 64 custom cab short bed...RUST FREE:) from arizona..i had to have it !!
    its a 223 4speed and i plan on installing a 351w and a c-6 in the next 4 weeks and drive it to billetproof florida...i'll keep updating the pics and build stay tuned...rooster[​IMG]

2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

3. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

4. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Now that's a truck from back in the era when trucks were still trucks.

:cool:

5. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That's a cool truck brother. Great find too. Congrats.

6. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Im installing a 22gal 70 mustang gas tank..[​IMG]

7. Turbo Rocket

Turbo Rocket
    from Iowa

I have been wanting to move my gas tank out of the cab on my 64 F100. How are you going to do the gas filler?

8. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Nice. I did the same thing on my 54 project, I didn't like the thought of sitting on top of the stock tank.:eek:

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You didn't waste any time tearing into that now did you??:D
    Great find sweetie!

10. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

No i did'nt waste any time...gotta get it ready for billetproof.:D..i hope it all goes as good as its been so far...
    i will be cutting a gas door in the rear of the bed this week watch for pics..on the hunt for some rear shackles now to go with the new springs,hopefully i will have it rolling agian next week then onto the motor trans plant and some new exhaust..

Rooster

11. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

Looks good brother! hopefully I can swing by one day this week and check it out in the flesh.

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Anymore pictures of your progress?

13. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That thing needs a 2003+ Crown Vic IFS,look for my posts on the subject.

14. Those trucks make great shop trucks. I had this one for 6 years. Litterly wore it right out! I've been looking for another one for a couple years now, but have they same problems you were, their all rotted out!

[​IMG]

15. I am heading to Davenport Florida soon for a long vacation. Where and when is Billetproof?
    Thanks, Doug

16. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Doug, Billetproof is on April 9th at the Alachua County Fairgrounds in Gainesville. Come join us.

17. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Fantastic find. That's a dead ringer for my late grandfather's old F-100. I had a lot of wheel time pretending to drive it as a wee lad. They do make into some nice rodding material. Congrats on the find.

18. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

I did get the bed back on for mock up of the gas door and cut the bed floor...now to make a cool hinge for it...stay tuned... Rooster[​IMG]

19. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

John and Marty came down to help me with the truck bed today,thanks guys we got a lot done in a little time..we finished the gas door and removed the small dents from the bed floor,then rolled in the bed liner...stoked ![​IMG]

20. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

21. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

is that bed liner?

22. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I like it. Growing up I had a friend with one he put a 428? Pontiac in. He surprised a lot of people with his.

23. 53mercury

53mercury

You know these trucks came with 352 FE's from the factory. 390/428 are the same block and you can use factory mounts. The FE is a big torque engine and there are a lot of them out there for cheap and a whole new array of speed parts. Great for a tow rig. An AOD or a five speed Tremec and you have the best of both worlds. Great power and decent mileage. Just a thought. Nice score by the way. A few pics of my 66' F-250. Mike

Put two truck tanks in for 42 gal. capacity.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

25. Did the glass need to come out, or was the seal rotten?

Speaking of seals, a penguin takes his car into the walrus mechanic, the walrus says he's busy right now, but come back in an hour and I'll have had a chance to look at it.

So the penguin goes for a walk, he finds himself an ice cream parlor and gets himself a cone. He looks at his watch and sees it's been about an hour and starts back to the walrus's shop eating his ice cream cone.

The Walrus is walking out of his shop just as the penguin is walking up and the walrus calls out to the penguin "Hey, it looks like you blew a seal!"

So the penguin shouts back "No, it's just ice cream!"

26. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

yer not right...wtf

27. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

The ole six is comming out today..[​IMG]

28. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

We removed the ft axle for rebuild,new king pins and brakes,and some drop leaf springs..[​IMG]

29. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

30. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

My dad helped with removing the ole six today...worked out great,now on to cleaning and painting..[​IMG]