Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects So I didn't buy the whole '39 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adam M., Jan 29, 2011.

1. Well I came across this '39 Ford Deluxe forsale...well actually he was selling the engine, and then before I know it, we were talking about the whole car!

Well it sounded rough, it was pulled from a junkyard were it sat for about 30 years. Well I really like those cars, so I figured I'd go take a look.

When we get there, the engine was pulled and they were lifting the body off the frame. They are going to put the body on an S10 (the one we used in the pic!)!

So we ended up lifting the body, which left the floor pan on the frame, dragged the chassis out, then cut everythig off of it. The car was VERY rough! The frame was really bad.

So I bought the diff, front axle, wishbone, drums, spindles, wheels, steering column and deluxe wheel, pedels, etc. I passed on the motor, and the trans was not healthy inside, so that's all I bought! It didn't take long! Here's some pics

Attached Files:

2. Here is the car as he found it.

Attached Files:

3. The frame was not that bad. should not have cut it into little pieces. Rust or not. They are very repairable.

4. Hey Brian,

I agree in most cases, but what you see of the floor was holding the frame together. I should have taken more pictures, but it was VERY rotten. The rear cross member was ok, and I kept the front piece with the crossmember, but honestly the rest was trash. It fell to pieces.

Oh and great job on the cover of HOT ROD. Very cool!

5. Squablow

Squablow

Generally I'm not hot for an S-10 frame swap, but that car looks like a good candidate for it.

Good on you for saving what was left, '39 pedals are supposed to be the hot setup for some reason.

6. glad someone saved something off of it, multiple cars will benefit from that. scrap is up would have been real easy for someone to just crush it. good job