Register now to get rid of these ads!

TRAVISFROMKANSAS - A jerk or the greatest guy ever?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jan 4, 2011.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

is he a jerk for making my wife cry?
    or is he the greatest guy in the land for helping out a cause......?
    my wife cried when she found out what he did!

I gotta tell ya - there have not been too many times that I have been blown away by peoples generousity and kindness.........
    but this is one of those times. (another was when Los Punk Rods decided to support Vintage Torque Fest BEFORE it was even on paper)

Travis Scanlan has just donated a bunch of $$$ from the proceeds of his calender to the HelpingHannahsHeart Foundation
    www.helpinghannahsheart.org

THANK YOU TRAVIS

He is usually at a show stumbling around trying to focus his camera on something cool........well - after taking thousands of photos - he takes the best ones and puts them in a calender format.
    Cool Cars - Cool Project - Cool Guy

If you dont have any of his calenders - .........well - know that by supporting him - you are supporting other causes that need help.

THANKS again http://www.royboyproductions.com/

NOW GO BUY A CALENDER!!!!
    ya know it is not too late - it is only Jan. 4

2. Definitely not a jerk! :)

3. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Awesome. The generosity of the people of the HAMB never ceases to amaze me.

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Is Hannah your daughter?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice, I really like his work and just ordered two. One truck and one Custom.

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I don't know. I met the guy once and he seemed like a jerk. The kind of jerk who would make a woman cry by doing a good deed. He is "top shelf" in my book! I think God has added a couple pages on Travis' calender.

7. Racrdad

Racrdad

The HAMB is loaded with good people! Travis is in good company.

8. 067chevy

067chevy

That great. I'm ordering a couple calenders.

9. Abomb

Abomb

I'll bet he makes a lot of girls cry.......

JK....Great Job Travis

10. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I have one hanging in my office at work and one in my garage at home. But they are both turned to June ;)

Seriously though major props to Travis for the effort and kindness!

11. Killer! I just bought 2.

12. That's awesome! I'm getting one right now!!!

My wife likes to tell people that once we made a really nice waitress at the IHOP cry...

The people at the table next to us were being HUGE asshats and making this poor girl run her ass off and were being rude as hell. As all 6 or 8 of them left (with a huge mess on the table) I noticed that they had only left her a TWO DOLLAR tip. Nice! So, when it came time to pay OUR bill, we acknowleged that the people next to us were jerks and to make up for it my wife handed her the $14.00 or so for our bill and a $20.00 bill for our tip... Man, the floodgates opened! :)

I'm a firm believer in "what you send around eventually comes around" so PLEASE be generous whenever something like this comes up. Also remember that it is only "stuff" and in a hundred years, no one will remember who had what or how many old cars that you had. There's a much bigger reward for making someone else happy or helping them make it through life.

13. Firepig

Firepig

True that!! :)

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He is a Jerk and to try to make up for it he does kool stuff like this. LOL!

Great job Travis!

Happy Trails, Mick

15. pcterm2

pcterm2

16. Damn, that sounds like a great guy to me! Awesome to hear stuff like that!!

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

yeah - Hannah is our daughter -
    with all the drama we have been through with our kid...............
    my wife has taken it not as a burden - but an opportunity to help others.

Even though we still struggle to pay the bills - we really think that in the long term we will be in the position to help others.

Our plan is to help other families in the Quad City area that have kids with heart issues. Our pediatric cardiologist is one of the founding members of the board and has agreed to point us in the right direction to help families that really do need the help. This is not just financial help that we intend to provide. My wife has her masters degree and will be able to help people in stress management, social service contacts, and being a support to these families when it seems like no one else can understand what is going on.

After sitting with a newborn in cardiac intensive care unit at the best hospital in the world for kids (Childrens Hospital Boston) for 22 days......you do begin to know what people are going through.

That is our goal - to help others and pay off our debts so that Hannah can have more surgery down the road. She will most likely have to have 3 more open heart surgeries............2 fer sure.

We are not looking forward to this - but it is what we have been given and we are dealing with it the best we know how.

So please come out and support Vintage Torque Fest - it is the main fund raiser for our foundation and we know that if people come out and have a good time - then it will grow in the future.

Keep supporting Travis

that calender is hanging here in my office as well and I sure hope to be able to hang one up for 2012 as well.

By buying his calenders - it will keep him motivated to keep on going as well.

I suspect he will be making the rounds to Lonestar Round Up this year along with some other big shows..........maybe he will show up to one of those HAMB Meet and greets........
    when he does - tell him thanks - cause he is doing good for others and in my mind - that is a GREAT thing.

18. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't know he sold calendars too. I ordered a few prints of his photos from the Revolution. He even send me electronic copies for my computer background.

Nice fella, but a jerk for not telling me about the calendars. My photos came today, now I have to order again.
    ________
    WEED TRACKER

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the guy is a Jerk with a capital "J"

he is just trying to get some props so folks give him a break when he acts like he does.

yes, he makes girls cry. He has bad gas and snores loudly.

No, loudly doesn't describe it. He ROARS when he snores.

It is just too bad he can't be the man his father is.

I think the influence of some of his neighbors and especially his relatives have ruined him.

Yes, it is his relatives that ruined him. His uncle is a real piece of work.

20. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Just ordered one!

21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I know him better than all of you and let me tell ya, he's a jerk!

Stumbling around?... well yeah that's a pretty accurate description.

The lawyers have told me not to talk about that...

Mick hit the nail on the head ;)

Folks, 100% of the profits from these calendars go to the charities, I actually go in the hole a little bit on these, but that's okay. I take the photos, do the layout, print them, bind them and ship them myself. Hopefully you can find a couple of bucks to buy one and help out some great causes!

All of the orders that have been made today will go out tomorrow, I have 4 more coil binders to make calendars with, but 100 more are on the way and should be here any day now.

So far the schedule for this year looks like:
    Wichita Darryl Starbird Show
    Kansas City World of Wheels
    Tulsa Darryl Starbird Show
    Des Moines World of Wheels
    Fort Worth Goodguys
    Lonestar Roundup
    OKC SW Street Rod Nationals
    NoSurf's Run
    Vintage Torque Fest
    Stray Kat 500
    Mid-America Street Rod Nationals
    KKOA Kustoms Forever
    Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals
    KKOA Leadsled Spectacular
    Maybe the Symco Shakedown (800 miles one way)
    Greaserama
    KC Goodguys
    Stray Kat Starliner
    Hunnert Car Pileup
    KKOA Blast With The Past
    Pistons N Paint
    Hot Rod Revolution
    My own Mid Decembrrrr Run

There may be some more in there that's off the top of my head. If you see any photos that you like in my galleries, buy a copy! It's expensive to hit all of these shows, but it's a passion to document them for the people who can't make it, people who want to remember them and hopefully generations to come. There's over 11,600 photos and counting on the site, I bet that number jumps this year!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words and for helping me support these great causes. Make sure that you go to Vintage Torque Fest as a spectator or with your car, I betcha you'll love the show.

See ya at a show- Travis

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

24. yblock292

yblock292

he is a great guy even though he hangs out with a bunch of us, but we wont hold that against him!

25. papajohn

papajohn

I bought mine! I was looking for a cool calender anyhow, and it went for a good cause.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Travis is a great dude, like you are Jon. I enjoyed hanging with him a little at the Revolution show. He gets it, big time. Keep rockin lensmaster. ~sololobo~

27. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Damn Travis...I'm proud to call you a friend!!

28. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Great job Travis, my son bought me one for Christmas and I was suprised to see my nash in the calender.

29. burnout2614

burnout2614

Ordered 3 calendars. Looking forward to em! peace