Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage R Rodder for a day Mooneyes Xmas 2010 through my eyes.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weeks46, Dec 12, 2010.

1. So last night I got a call from a buddy asking if I was coming down to the xmas party.... well I got nothing to do here in Bako tomorrow (sat) except scrap a bunch of model A parts.... so sure. He said meet up at my house at 5am. So we set out in the R@% Rod as he calls it at 530 for Irwindale, never ridden in one so now I can say I have hahaha. Well heres the pics from what I saw and took pictures of today.-Weeks

Traffic Jam mooneyes style.
    [​IMG]
    The R@% Rod. I rode out in. The stereos louder then the damn headers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This 3 window never gets old to me. One of my favorites.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you think I am hating on 5-windows I am.

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Jesus, that 36 is PERFECTION!!

Great pics & Thanks for sharing.

3. Can't believe no one has posted this awesome 1912 Pierce Arrow. Guy was riding it around pretty fast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'd say this one is not finished yet....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seconds-sloppy's car?????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some Kat Killers... Poker-Stogey looked for ya fellow Bakersfieldian.............. Nice 2 tone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. And lastly the one thing I always seek out at whatever car event I go to BANG-ERS. Met the new owner of Taylor Engines today and that fella is awesome and has a great future I forsee with the company at his raines. No one else posted any pictures of the BANG-ERS in any of the other picture threads yet that I have seen so here they are.

26 Model T with the Banger still for power and yes he drove it to the show and drove it home. Has a 2 speed also hidden underneath so he keeps up with traffic. Awesome gentleman and his Hamb name escapes me at the moment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Little bit of new with the old on this 30' 2 door. Running a modern webber progressive carb, alternator, 12volt I believe, disc brakes on the front :rolleyes::confused:, mechanicals still intact on the rear. and a modern breather :confused:. And a dropped axle. Well interesting set-up none the least.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Resident Rockstar of the monthly Bang-er threads, CrazyDaddy-O. Putting in work out there on the strip won a bit too. Only banger to dragrace PROPS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/2 second before the near lane went BOOM. Trans blew up.
    [​IMG]
    Big pile of paperweights. Driver hopped out and held the starter up to the air for the hot rod gods at the cheers of the crowd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. While by my buddy's R-Rod these ladies wanted their pictures taken.....
    [​IMG]
    Then they said you get in a picture with us..... who me? Yeah you. Ok I'll put on my best smile :D:D:D.
    [​IMG]
    Well that about somes it up for my adventures in a R-Rod at Mooneyes Xmas 2010. Hope they have the July show too this coming year.

Home James................ Traffic through the mail slot.
    [​IMG]
    It will be awhile before another adventure in a R-Rod, my Gow-Job model A rides better with no rear shocks and stock suspension. ;););).-Weeks

7. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Looks like a cool show. I especially like the hot rod you rode in. Very nice.

8. trad27

trad27

Nice pics. Whats with all the three winders? no pics of fives.....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  9. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

10. He still owns it. He pulled this outta the fields in Oregone and rebuilt it many years ago. This fella told me about when he ran the reliability run a while back and won a trophy for his class because of how original his car is. Great stories he had to tell, I was very impressed. He had 7 cars at one point and this is his only one left. He chaulked it up to marriage and needing to thin the herd as why he only has this one now. Awesome fella.-Weeks

11. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I didn't think he still owned it.. Was his name Grant?

12. Yes and he is on here. I don't remember what name he goes by though. Real cool and informative.-Weeks

13. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Thanks for the pic... WEEKS

14. Thanks. Was a bunch o' FUN>>>!

15. superfan99

superfan99

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very Kool-Thanks for pics

17. billys54

billys54

18. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Thanks for the great pics Weeks, but I love 5 windows.:)

19. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

There are some pics of 5-W wannabees. :mad:

20. Its a long running joke between me and Trad27. Post Model A production I prefer 3 window variations of coupes. I am especially interested in 32-36 but nothing later. I was very happy with the amount of 3 windows present at the show and all were finished cars for the most part (they are never finished we all know that). Well Trad27 prefers 5 windows and we always get into benchracing about which flows better aesthetically or which has a better stance and we use cars we have seen over the years to talk of. So I made a point since he could not come to the show to only show him one side of it from my point of view, so next year or summer he'll attend/participate also.-Weeks